• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

dharbai keeping on eatables

Status
Not open for further replies.

drsundaram

It is said and practised that before grahana kaalams to keep some dharbais over eatables which can not be discarded but to use again like, uncooked rice, oils, ghee, pickles, vadaams and vathaals etc. How do dharbai help to maintain the eatables from theetu and maintain purity or ensure such items are approved to be used again. Any sasthric and /or scientific explanations. Then, why it is not allowed on left over food also by spreading dharbhais. Our forum with great intelligensia to please advise on this please.Thanks

Sri.Dr Sundaram Sir,

It seems there is more UV radiation present during the Solar eclipse. A thick cover of dharba grass (not just few blades of grass) may block the penetration of UV radiation. UV radiation seem to kill more bacteria during the eclipse period as per a research. (Sorry, I could not get the full article. Can anyone get kindly get that full article, please? Thank you).

SpringerLink - Journal Article

Cheers!

Sri.Dr Sundaram Sir,

It seems there is more UV radiation present during the Solar eclipse. A thick cover of dharba grass (not just few blades of grass) may block the penetration of UV radiation. UV radiation seem to kill more bacteria during the eclipse period as per a research. (Sorry, I could not get the full article. Can anyone get kindly get that full article, please? Thank you).

SpringerLink - Journal Article

Cheers!
thanks Sri Raghy, Can we get substantiated more, like whether more UV rays radiation so as to be harmful is happening during eclipse and purohits say to keep bits of dharba only on top & not a bunch which is not possible to spread on oil containers and in pickle jars and whether dharba's property is also to block the penetration of UV lamps.Regards

Dharba is a non-conductor by nature. Even the bits of dharba is enough to control the entry of cosmic rays. Brahma created dharba instead of water. The things which cannot be purified by water can be purified by keeping it with dharba. The dharba also has elixir (mythologically).

Pranams

Sri.Dr Sundaram Sir and Sri.Durgadasan,

With due respect to prohits, I personally decline to agree with them about the amount of dharba to be used. In my POV, although dhraba may be non-conductor of UV rays, still I don't thik it collects the UV rays from sorround areas and bounce those rays back. To cover containers, we should really use dharba mat interwoven woth dharba grass large enough to cover the vessels. Dharbamats can be reusable, aren't they? Just a thought.

Cheers!

(Sri.Dr Sundaram Sir, that journal article substantiates more about UV rays. But unfortunately i don't have free full access to it. Most university library account would access that article. We have to wait for a member to open the full article).

Last edited:
Dharba is a non-conductor by nature. Even the bits of dharba is enough to control the entry of cosmic rays. Brahma created dharba instead of water. The things which cannot be purified by water can be purified by keeping it with dharba. The dharba also has elixir (mythologically).

Pranams
sri durga , please never mistake me. Is it proved that dharba is inhibiting the entry of cosmic rays.Can you kindly elucidate me more deeply with established data. What is in dharba that is responsible for all this attributes? I am quite eager to learn; that is why. thanks for right understanding.

Interesting topic as Solar eclipse nears!

Dear DR. Sir,

It is really an interesting topic and would be great to know more facts about it.

Thanks,
Sriram Sivaraman

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back