• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Devasuram - A Malayalam movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectable members Greetings.

Sri.Sangom sir said -
I would have still given a better rating if, in the end, Benny's wife would have not followed him for their first night, but opted to stay alone.
in reply to my comment about the movie 'bhagyadevatha'.

When I read his comment, only one charecter came to my mind. That resulted in my posting this movie here. The heroine of this movie is such a girl who stood for her self-respect.

It is a strange title- Deva Asuram. Is it devam or asuram? In this movie, that question will crop up. The hero of this movie acts like the villan for a lot of people. More about this movie,

Devaasuram - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is the movie -

YouTube - Devasuram-1-Mohanlal- Malayalam

(Kindly find following parts from the right side menu, please).

Cheers!

Respectable members Greetings.

Sri.Sangom sir said - in reply to my comment about the movie 'bhagyadevatha'.

When I read his comment, only one charecter came to my mind. That resulted in my posting this movie here. The heroine of this movie is such a girl who stood for her self-respect.

It is a strange title- Deva Asuram. Is it devam or asuram? In this movie, that question will crop up. The hero of this movie acts like the villan for a lot of people. More about this movie,

Devaasuram - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is the movie -

YouTube - Devasuram-1-Mohanlal- Malayalam

(Kindly find following parts from the right side menu, please).

Cheers!
Dear Shri Raghy,

Devasuram was one of the best movies of Mohanlal, before his face became so much like a pumpkin, and the movie had a gripping story, direction, music and all. I fully agree that Revati (I think maniratnam's wife; her given name was Asha Kelunni, a malayali by birth) plays a very memorable role in this. We were thrilled viewing this picture first during the 1980's in Mumbai. The song "surya kireedam..." is one of my favourites.

There was a sequel to this "Ravanaprabhu". It was no match for this.

Mohanlal is at heart deva but behaves as an asura because of his supposed status, till it is revealed at the death of his mother that he was an illegitimate son of his mother whom his foster father had never given even an inkling of the truth. He then turns into a repentant deva. Hence devasuram.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back