• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Deepavali 2009 All details

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be grateful if I am informed when we are supposed to perform Tharpanam this October.Is it on 17th or 18th?

Since nobody has answered this question let me give it a crack. The following is based on what I remember from Ahnika grantham written by a Sri Vaishnava scholar. Whether this is followed by smArthas or not, I don't know.

According to the suddha vaakya panjangam I have, Amavasyai in Bangalore starts on Oct 17th at 12:44 PM and ends on Oct 18th at 11:34 AM.

The day to perform Tharpanam is the day when the srArdha thithi coincides with the duration of the day called aparannam, between 19 and 24 nazhigai after sunrise (roughly 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.). For Bangalore, this is so on October 17th. So, if you live in Bangalore, 17th is it.

Cheers!

Govinden Thiruvizha

Vanakkan,

:dizzy: My name is Eswari N I am from a small island found in the Indian Ocean . In My country we celebrate the GOVINDEN THIRUVIZHA during the month of Purrattasi Starting From the 17th of Sept to 17th of Oct. On each Saturday We celebrate The Vizha in Various Temples , that is we start the poosai on Saturday 5 p.m and it ends the next day i.e Sunday morning at 5 a.m . Throughtout the night the baktargal Pray N sing For Lord Govinda/ Krishna/ Maha Vishnu.

But The problem this year is that Deepavali , Ghedari Gowri Viradham falls on the 17th and it is also the last Saturday of Purratasi.

Is it true that the month of purratasi end on the 17th midnight and therefore we cannot perform GOVINDEN poosai until the next Day ? I would be grateful if somebody could give me an answer Nandri.

But The problem this year is that Deepavali , Ghedari Gowri Viradham falls on the 17th and it is also the last Saturday of Purratasi.

Is it true that the month of purratasi end on the 17th midnight and therefore we cannot perform GOVINDEN poosai until the next Day ? I would be grateful if somebody could give me an answer Nandri.

Vanakkam Eswari avarkale:

First, I salute your sincerity.

For Mauritius, the new month will begin approximately at 7:00 p.m. October 17th. To my knowledge, unless it is a Vedic ritual, the exact day when a pooja must be celebrated is not that important.

Cheers!

Since nobody has answered this question let me give it a crack. The following is based on what I remember from Ahnika grantham written by a Sri Vaishnava scholar. Whether this is followed by smArthas or not, I don't know.

According to the suddha vaakya panjangam I have, Amavasyai in Bangalore starts on Oct 17th at 12:44 PM and ends on Oct 18th at 11:34 AM.

The day to perform Tharpanam is the day when the srArdha thithi coincides with the duration of the day called aparannam, between 19 and 24 nazhigai after sunrise (roughly 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.). For Bangalore, this is so on October 17th. So, if you live in Bangalore, 17th is it.

Cheers!
Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for your kind information.
S.Sridharan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back