• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Decent ways and means to perform sastababhoorthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear sir - Few things which i did for the sastiaptha poorthi for my parents :- take the good.

1. On fixing the date sent the Guru Dakshina with a cover letter informing the details to the respective Math we belong to (Sringeri in my case). Please make sure you do it early a couple of weeks so that you can have the guru prasadha well before the function date.
2. I invited only close relatives personally through a telephone call.
3. we celebrated at our home itself since we had only limited invitees. you can look for doing it in home especially any ancestor home if you have one.
4. Can have few hours of naama sankeerthanam.
5. Rudha Ekadashini(on the previous day)- Rudhra Ekadashini is Not a mandatory one for sastiaptha poorthi but followed in practice. - I took the help from the SMART team Sri Maha rudhra comittee - A team of people who actively involved in doing Maha rudhram and Adhi rudhrams accross country. simple in terms of overall cost and best in terms of acccomplishment.
6. on the sastiaptha poorthi day santhi homa's , Dhanams , Sri Mangalya dharanam - The most important - Follow your house vadhyar on that..
7. Do need to do Sumangali prarthanai and Kula devatha puja before a couple of days of the main function day.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks,
Arun M

hi

try to contact a vadhyar with all your requirements....otherwise visit to THIRUKKADAIYUR TEMPLE....generally in the temple.....they

provide details too...

kindly see the sticky thread ganapathy homam and navagraha homam details are there about shasty abthapganapathy poorthy.

the fololow8ng homams to be berormed onthat day. samvatsara homam, ayana, masa, thithi nakstatra yoga karana dig devatha homam are to be
performed. it is better todo it at your native place or which place you stay . depends upon your position you can invivte relatives and friends for
this function. A suitable brahaspathi according to your soothram you should fix first he will quote the preocedus and dharnam to be performed.
normaly dasa dhanam. pancha dhanam visesha dhanam are to be done accourding to your prevailing situvation and availablitgy of persons.
If you fix a prohit then he cal also arrange persons to recveive dhanams.

If yu feel this is didfficult then it is better to do sastiapthapoorthy at Thirukadaiyur temple which is the best optioin. thre ratges for vaitheekam
only varies from 16,000/- to 40,000/- apart from boarding and lodging. youcan get these quotations in net also.

Rajappa Namakkal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back