• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

December 21, 2012 - Doomsday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just an offshoot from a discussion which I had with Shri Suresh today...

The Mayan calendar ends on 21.12.2012.

There is apparently a pole shift which may result in geographic changes leading to natural disasters.

http://www.2012doomsday.com/

http://www.polereversal.com/

May not be worthwhile really discussing such a topic, but I want to know whether any of our astrologers do predict such a change?

Also is there any predictions on 2012 by Nostradamus?

There are no news items giving importance to this. Is this just an internet hoax or is it real?

Or maybe the LHC experiment would again be done in 2012 leading to bigger black holes!!??

Not panicking... but just curious to know...

Regards,
Seshadri

Last edited:
Shri Seshadri

As per Pandit Sanjay Rath,golden period has started from 2001 or somewhere around that time,at least for India.He mentions that for 1000 years India had to undergo a shaapam.So,i think 800 years of Islamic Terrorism thru Mughals plus 200 years of Christian Terrorism thru Brits East India Company.The Brits terrorised the Native American tribes too,with their Virginia Company here in USA.

Anyway as some gentlemean pointed out,its totally wrong on my part to term these periods as terrorism.Though it does not make any sense to me,but i think its terrorism.Vini Vici Vidi ...i came i saw i conqured....like some dingbat said in olden eras.

Jyotisham part,i think M M,has posted about our yuga cycles.We do have pralayam.Right now we undergoing 51 st day of Lord Brahmaa...

Though i am wondering abt the Americas,as Mayan Civilisation is close to us...i don't think revealations say anything abt doomsday now...Nostradamus....after the event is over,usually Nostradamus faith followers will quote a quatrain.

I remember in India though,a prediction which said,a blue turban wearer,will initiate the third world war..i hardly expect our sardarji to do some reckless thing,unless Khuswant Singh jumps in the fray and starts yelling, but ,he is a bhaaraa bhajay.....:)

sb

Shri Suresh, there are various theories doing the rounds... one says that most of India would be submerged with the southern part alone surviving => my friend says that a soothsayer in a TamilNadu temple told him this... he also said that most of the Christian and Muslim population would be wiped out!

Yes, we dont seem to have any specific predictions as to this 2012 theory... but maybe, there is one...which we are unaware of?

Anyway, think we shall see this out... :music:

Submerged in water Tsunami affected South Only.In fact,i have been observing,whenever American policy makers stand is disputed by other nationalities,promptly & conveniently a earth quake,tsunami, ..or some deadly disaster will happen.

In fact after seeing the James Bond movie Die Another Day,wherein the Polar region,the ice mountains are laser beamed to create tidal wave like simulation,maybe the plates are being manipulated,with careful caliberation...who know where the evil devil is...we all thought it was Saddam instead its our homespun Cheney-Bush devils,who have made America a pauper.

sb :)

I think it is the movie "the day after tomorrow" where climatic patterns change abnormally leading to a "freeze" throughout the world...

Maybe during the pole shift, N India could be affected... just a wild speculation.

BTW, there is also a economical prediction (not withstanding the 2012) which says that the US would be bankrupt soon and there would be riots for food. Food would be the scarce commodity. (not sure of who the man is... but he is a familiar one, just not clicking now... :smash:).

Dec 21, 2012

Dear Seshadri Subramaniam,

Please do not believe any such predictions. We have been hearing such
reports portending evil or great disasters, quite often.

Another point is there are times of prosperity and disaster or destruction, in every part of the world and no meaning must be found in each and everyone, by projecting our viewpoints there.

Shri pannvalan, I just wanted to explore whether there is any credibility in this piece of news being floated around... there are umpteen sites dealing with this doomsday and the pole shift (even a movie has been made).

Yes, it would be wrong to create a panic or to suggest that it is true, but this has gained enormous attention and I just wanted to ascertain views.

Thanks & Regards

I think it is the movie "the day after tomorrow" where climatic patterns change abnormally leading to a "freeze" throughout the world...

Maybe during the pole shift, N India could be affected... just a wild speculation.

BTW, there is also a economical prediction (not withstanding the 2012) which says that the US would be bankrupt soon and there would be riots for food. Food would be the scarce commodity. (not sure of who the man is... but he is a familiar one, just not clicking now... :smash:).
hi all,
every human being having destiny..........likewise every country has
destiny........we are all pre destined....like every nation is pre destined..
example present day ISREAL...

Regards
tbs:usa2:

i dunno if it is going to be 2012, but glaciers in himalayas are predicted to melt completely by 2014, i also saw a documentary on national geographic abt canada and usa to be covered with ice as ice-age is certain to return in future due to various geological reasons, then there is this natural tendency for ocean waters in south india to move into land at the rate of 150 ft per year or so i heard.....all various geographical reasons on which we as humans have no control...

i do not think it will be 2012 (though there are ppl who talk abt the 'age of venus'), but these things are bound to happen over the centuries...anyways we all have to be gone someday, so why predict abt it..

hi all,
every human being having destiny..........likewise every country has
destiny........we are all pre destined....like every nation is pre destined..
example present day ISREAL...

Regards
tbs:usa2:

I dont quite like to believe that... Shri tbs...

Agreed, that there could be a destiny... after all destiny is but a relative perception of the interlinking of events; events, which again are a product of our own actions; actions, which are a product of our own perception...

So it all starts and ends with perception...

But is this sequence is pre-destined to happen in a particular format? We dont know... maybe we could predict a pattern by analyzing certain variables, but that could be totally wrong.

It is just like programming - global variables, local variables etc... just that in real life, we dont know the count of variables and their level.

Regards

Shmt happyhindu, ref my post to tbs... am interested in any such variable in our astrological ocean that could hint at such a possibility in 2012...

...anyways we all have to be gone someday, so why predict abt it..

Yeah.... that is inevitable... I guess... I think it is the "x" (or rather "y") factor that makes me so curious about it... :ballchain:

What nobody realises is,we could get hit by an android or meteorite or spaceship travelling dudes finally greeting us.....in my opinion total waste...billions of dollars down the drain....if aliens are living they will contact us-period....in fact our rishis have given clues to us,by giving us jyotisham....somehow our seers felt..the 28 Nakshatram are relative to the navagrahas....i think our sages are super scienticts...becoz in olden days,the only way to carry a message was thru religion..so every actions of the ancients were tinged with religion...then only people listened...the Moon is supposed to influence our mind in a major way...so our ancients gave it a form instead of just plain moony surface...what is not visible by our naked eyes or visible to our gadgets with powerful lens,cannot be construed as no life exists in Moon...it apparently has a motion which propels it,in a particularly designed orbit....who or what triggered or trigerring the motion and why?

:) sb :)

the Moon is supposed to influence our mind in a major way...so our ancients gave it a form instead of just plain moony surface...what is not visible by our naked eyes or visible to our gadgets with powerful lens,cannot be construed as no life exists in Moon...it apparently has a motion which propels it,in a particularly designed orbit....who or what triggered or trigerring the motion and why?

The moon affects the tides... amavasai and pournami are significant...

Water symbolises the mind... and hence the impact of moon to the mind is derived...

Shri Seshadri,i am a believer of Jyotisham,Numerology,Palmistry,........but thanks.Yes Moon plays a significant role .Thats is why our ancients use a Luni-Solar Calendar or Panchangam.With modern technology,these data ought to get more accurate.If you make a comparison,you will find between modern findings and ancient findings,the difference,is negligible.

:) sb :)

Curiousity to know the unknown (future) is there in everyone. It is here predictions of sweeping nature look fascinating and start engaging our minds. But, if we connect two unrelated events by describing one as the cause and the other as the result, it will be over-stretching of our imagination. It is a game of an idle mind that has no other meaningful pursuit. Don't you agree?

Another thing is let us not break our heads about certain things which most probably may not occur and waste our time and energy on thinking or discussing about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back