• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Death? - A life time preparation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Renuka Ji

Thanks again for your thoughts..

I understand, respect and agree that Guiding is a huge responsibility. I have been permitted by my Guru quite some time back for this and I am experienced to do this as I am doing this for quite some time.
srimadhanji,
we are lucky

we know neither you or your guru and we have escaped your guidance.lol

I was kidding . do not take it seriously

Where there is no mind or if the mind is crystal clear, Aathman reveals itself.

Aathman reveal itself to who?? Your body is inert and it is not the one to perceive anything and by your own statement there is no mind for Athman to reveal itself. Then Athman will only reveal itself to itself with the assistance of saying 'statue'. That would not make sense either.

The whole discussion turns to silliness at that point.

All I can tell you is that whatever you have preached is wrong and has no basis to any of the teachings of Upanishad.

Of course you are welcome to your beliefs and if you say it is your own belief I will respect that.

If you say you are speaking logic then I will say there is no logic

Why should Aathman reveal itself to anyone?

Renukaji,

I happened to read this from you today:

Originally Posted by renuka
Dear Srimadhan ji,
I am very surprised to read this.
Firstly can you explain what you define as the Mind?
To be frank we can only stop conscious thinking but not the subconscious.
That too a total stop is just imaginary..in the sense we are actually focusing on something when we claim to stop the mind.
Even if you say "Statue"..nothing actually stops..heart goes on beating,respiration goes on..kidneys go on functioning..brain goes on functioning...the parasympathetic system is actively
functioning.
Technically if you feel the Atma needs to "reveal" itself to you that means a state of duality still exists ..where is the question to reveal anything when in reality nothing is hidden..nothing is bound and also the question to be free does not arise too.
The human mind in the quest for spirituality goes thru various stages:

1)The Bhakta stage where one feels extra holy.

2)Then the Eureka stage where one feels he has tasted some amount of divinity and actively starts preaching to others.

3)Then the empty stage where one feels he has not really decided which direction he should head.

4)The the skeptic stage..where doubts arise in his mind

5)The "go to hell' stage..where one can take a 180 degree turn and might become an Atheist or Agnostic.

6)Those who survive stage no 5 later realize that everyone is unique and we actually find our own path which might not be same as an another and lives life without complicating his mind or the minds of others.
Now back to topic..I feel its best for each person to find his/her own way and I am surprised to see your phone number here for those who want assistance to make Atman reveal itself..well... truly realized souls do not actually teach others short cut techniques.

Where do you place this following category?:

Na dharma nishtOsmi,
nachaathma vEdhi,
nabhaktimaan,
twachcharanaaravindE,
akinchanO ananyagatissaranya,
twat pAdamUlam saranam prapatyE.

Just curious. LOL.

Renukaji,

Na dharma nishtOsmi,
nachaathma vEdhi,
nabhaktimaan,
twachcharanaaravindE,

Just curious. LOL.

I was just reading a verse from the Bhagavatha Purana where Sage Kapila is explaining to Devahuti about 3 types of Bhaktas.

He explained that "he who adores Me as distinct from himself,aiming at the eradication of his sins or with the intention of offering all his actions to the Supreme or again with the feeling that is his duty to worship Me is a devotee of the Sattvika type"

So I guess here..the stanza you wrote qualifies to be Sattvika type of Bhakta...cos in the stanza above the God is seen as separate entity and one surrenders to the Lotus feet of God..regardless whether the devotee follows any Nishta or has Atma Jnana..all he does is total surrender.

Renukaji,

Na dharma nishtOsmi,
nachaathma vEdhi,
nabhaktimaan,
twachcharanaaravindE,

Just curious. LOL.

I think it is category 1 LoL

Aathman reveal itself to who?? Your body is inert and it is not the one to perceive anything and by your own statement there is no mind for Athman to reveal itself. Then Athman will only reveal itself to itself with the assistance of saying 'statue'. That would not make sense either.

The whole discussion turns to silliness at that point.

All I can tell you is that whatever you have preached is wrong and has no basis to any of the teachings of Upanishad.

Of course you are welcome to your beliefs and if you say it is your own belief I will respect that.

If you say you are speaking logic then I will say there is no logic

Why should Aathman reveal itself to anyone?

Presently though we are "Aathman" we don't feel/see/whatever ..Though all is "ONE", it appears to us as different "Duality".

You are asking logical questions sir.. But there is also illogicallity aspect to God. God is both logical and illlogical (Not logical).

Probably I need to explain more on this.

This is another version of "Stop Technique" given by Lord Shiva in Vigyan Bhairav Tantra. Lord Shiva answers Godess Parvathi by explaining 113 simple techniques through which you can reach him/realize oneself. Osho commentary in english is one of the best commentaries on this. I can probably forward to people who are interested.

All the meditation techniques in the world and those given in few upanishads are from this only.

Alternatively,
1. Try this out for 10-15 everyday. It hardly takes 30 sec every time. So it would amount to 5 minutes everyday only.

2. Logically, you can read "Vigyan Bhairav Tantra" and understand the basics of the techniques. Offcourse it is a big book of 2000 pages. Thereafter you can practice any of the 113 techniques as well.

I am just suggesting this here as I found it easy, simple and practical.

You may choose to ignore..

Ultimately the choice is yours sir.

Item 1)Presently though we are "Aathman" we don't feel/see/whatever ..Though all is "ONE", it appears to us as different "Duality".

Item 2) You are asking logical questions sir.. But there is also illogicallity aspect to God. God is both logical and illlogical (Not logical).

Probably I need to explain more on this.

Item 3) This is another version of "Stop Technique" given by Lord Shiva in Vigyan Bhairav Tantra. Lord Shiva answers Godess Parvathi by explaining 113 simple techniques through which you can reach him/realize oneself. Osho commentary in english is one of the best commentaries on this. I can probably forward to people who are interested.

All the meditation techniques in the world and those given in few upanishads are from this only.

Alternatively,
1. Try this out for 10-15 everyday. It hardly takes 30 sec every time. So it would amount to 5 minutes everyday only.

2. Logically, you can read "Vigyan Bhairav Tantra" and understand the basics of the techniques. Offcourse it is a big book of 2000 pages. Thereafter you can practice any of the 113 techniques as well.

I am just suggesting this here as I found it easy, simple and practical.

Item 4) You may choose to ignore..

Ultimately the choice is yours sir.

I just numbered as Items to respond to them

Response to

Item 2) First , you did not attempt to answer the question. Actually our teachings do have precise answers to the question I posed. I only asked to point out contradictions in your initial statements. The purpose is not to put anyone down but to get the discussion to a more thinking level instead of belief based points.

Concept of Isvara also has precise definition as well in our teaching and it includes both imminent and transcendent (beyond mind , not illogical) aspects. The issue with your response is that any religious tradition can use the words you said and then it becomes an exchange of words based on one belief vs another. Fortunately our teachings are beyond beliefs. But if you want to go ahead with a belief you are entitled to them obviously and I respect that.

Item 3) While there are stories and books 'realization' and enlightenment has nothing to do with any technique. It is about knowledge and ignorance. What you have stated is a belief. Meditation is part of preparation to learn. Preparation alone does not result in knowledge. This is a matter of understanding. However if it is your belief kindly continue

Item 4) I am only ignoring beliefs like this one or the one that says there is an eternal hell or heaven ...

It was good debating with you.

All the best with your quest ..

Item 2) First , you did not attempt to answer the question.

Ha Ha Ha..Tks Ji,...you have met your match!

LOL! I cant stop laughing.

When you reply posts you have this "Main Khiladi Tu Anari" strategy of combat where you never actually answer the question even though you write long replies!LOL

Ha Ha Ha..Tks Ji,...you have met your match!

LOL! I cant stop laughing.

When you reply posts you have this "Main Khiladi Tu Anari" strategy of combat where you never actually answer the question even though you write long replies!LOL

OK, let me make you LOL even more..

You see, answers appear only when questions are without contradictions :)

OK, let me make you LOL even more..

You see, answers appear only when questions are without contradictions :)

I was feeling very spaced out in the morning..God knows why..then when I saw your posts I started laughing so much and I feel alert again..no more spaced out..when I read your post right away the song Main Khiladi Tu Anari started playing in my mind!LOL

Really still cant stop laughing.

Now when I read what you replied me here..this line from a SRK song is coming to my mind..

Main jawaabon mein hoon, main sawaalon mein hoon
I'm in the answers you receive and the questions you ask.

Please read line 3. He does not claim to be a holy bhakta either.

Good point.. This verse by Yamunacharya is part of expression of Saranagathi which itself could be confused with Bhakthi.
A person who has given up his ego in recognition of the only grace ever has to have Bhakthi. But all Bhakthas are not ones who have expressed Saranagati. In that sense, though the order in Dr Renu's post is arbitrary to me, it does not even apply to someone who has embraced the intent of the verse.

I have reverence for leaders of religious tradition including Vaishnava tradition though I do not have much exposure.

The only comment I have is that most often Bhakti is confused with attitude of Saranagathi and both arise out of beliefs and faith (and if I can say so without offense - out of ignorance)

I have my own understanding of Saranagathi (which can parallel the spirit of the verses) but based on an understanding of "what an Isvara is" and how it can lead to it. I am NOT claiming to be realized :)

Last edited:
I was feeling very spaced out in the morning..God knows why..then when I saw your posts I started laughing so much and I feel alert again..no more spaced out..when I read your post right away the song Main Khiladi Tu Anari started playing in my mind!LOL

Really still cant stop laughing.

Now when I read what you replied me here..this line from a SRK song is coming to my mind..

Main jawaabon mein hoon, main sawaalon mein hoon
I'm in the answers you receive and the questions you ask.

Laughter I heard is the best medicine .. How should I charge you :)?
When a student is ready , teacher appears LoL .. what will be your Guru Dakshina for having answered your queries without appearing to answer :)

I just numbered as Items to respond to them

Response to

Item 2) First , you did not attempt to answer the question. Actually our teachings do have precise answers to the question I posed. I only asked to point out contradictions in your initial statements. The purpose is not to put anyone down but to get the discussion to a more thinking level instead of belief based points.

Concept of Isvara also has precise definition as well in our teaching and it includes both imminent and transcendent (beyond mind , not illogical) aspects. The issue with your response is that any religious tradition can use the words you said and then it becomes an exchange of words based on one belief vs another. Fortunately our teachings are beyond beliefs. But if you want to go ahead with a belief you are entitled to them obviously and I respect that.

Item 3) While there are stories and books 'realization' and enlightenment has nothing to do with any technique. It is about knowledge and ignorance. What you have stated is a belief. Meditation is part of preparation to learn. Preparation alone does not result in knowledge. This is a matter of understanding. However if it is your belief kindly continue

Item 4) I am only ignoring beliefs like this one or the one that says there is an eternal hell or heaven ...

It was good debating with you.

All the best with your quest ..

Dear Sir,

The technique you are debating is not MINE.. It is Lord Shiva's..ha ha ha

I am not replying to all of your points here..I am sorry..Sometimes I run out of words..LOL..

I do not want to convince the mind but I would like each one to "Experience".

Thanks for your wishes and words..Will keep debating

Dear Sir,

I am not replying to all of your points here..I am sorry..Sometimes I run out of words..LOL..

Srimadhan Ji,

Wow..perfect match for TKS ji!LOL

Hey why retreat? You never give up when you debate with me!LOL

I actually did , you did not know ..just like answered without seemingly not answering :)
In talking to you then there were answers in my understanding but not in the form you wanted. It was not about learning but about unlearning at that point that was coming in the way ...Also there were other beliefs coming in the way too...

Sri Srimadhan has a set of specific beliefs - there is nothing to debate. He think there is a real Siva who answered questions for his wife. We should respect his belief and his experience using the meditation techniques he practices (and was willing to teach anyone that wanted)

Dear Sir,

What ever be the debate here...... something is clear! :spy:

Imitation is the best form of admiration! :lol:

Hi renuka
Why dont you share the mp3 of your songs like main khiladi etc? Listening to your voice we can enjoy more.

To whet my curiosity I dont mind even listening to your concert :)) 14͵467 posts you have made here͵ as on last count. Really something.

Last edited:
hi renuka͵
A promise is a promise... though I dont usually like concerts...a concert is better than nothing..

hi renuka͵
A promise is a promise... though I dont usually like concerts...a concert is better than nothing..

Dear KRN,

Since its not possible for you to hear my voice but at least let me share with you the songs I like..I love this song! You should try to sing this.

[video=youtube_share;KrZHPOeOxQQ]http://youtu.be/KrZHPOeOxQQ[/video]

Dear renuka
Why can‘t I hear your voice? You can upload the song and share the link͵ right? Dont tell me you are a mute? Anyway pls do share the songs you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back