• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Dattatreya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear J J maam,

Some get amused by reading your posts but I get somewhat confused because you forget to quote the post to which you answer!

So, it appears as if you have written what others have written! :confused:

There is a 'Reply with quote' option which you can easily use! :)

I respect peoples sentiments! One person prefered me not to read his post and not to respond! Posts are in tne public domain I read them and I donot repond to him i.e. I donot respond to the messenger or ignore him - but will respond to the message His preferance was my pleasure. I donot quote him but message is copied! This is delibarate and not due to forgetfulness!

I respect peoples sentiments! One person prefered me not to read his post and not to respond! Posts are in tne public domain I read them and I donot repond to him i.e. I donot respond to the messenger or ignore him - but will respond to the message His preferance was my pleasure. I donot quote him but message is copied! This is delibarate and not due to forgetfulness!

You should blithely ignore such commandments :) If the person had followed his own free advice, he would not have read or responded to your post in the first instance.

may be Indraprastha.

The statue is located in the Bharat Upvan (Garden of India) section in Akshardham temple complex..It has statues of greatest women personalities such as Ansuya, Gargi, Maitreyi, Taramati, Draupadi, Sitaji, Sati Savitri, Mirabai and Andal with a brief write up of all of them...It was a great experience

PJ ji did mention 'Janardhana SWami' in his post. I want to say little more about him. This Janardhana Swami was a great yogi and a devotee of bhagwan Sri Dattatreya. Sant Eknath was his sishya. Sant Eknath dutifully served his master Janardhana Swami for many, many years. Pleased by his devotion, Janardhanaswami requested Dattatreya to give darshan to Eknath, which Dattatreya did. But Eknath was unperturbed by the darshan, he merely went around the deity (Dattatreya) once and returned back without uttering a word! When the guru questioned why Eknath behaved this way, Eknath replied that there was no god superior to him than his own guru!

Sant Eknath was a Vaishnava, and I believe his guru Janardhanaswami to be one too.

Does anyone know why there are no temples for Brahma?

there are temples for Brahma outside of India.

Bali has temples depicting Trimurtis and I have seen a small four faced Thai Brahma temple run by Budhists in a remote part of Malaysia.

And also in Petaling Jaya Malaysia there is Four Faced Brahma from the Buddhist point of view..they also called Him the Four Faced Buddha. This is the temple.(pic below)

• Wat Chetawan - in Jalan Gasing, Petaling Jaya

Last edited:
A few days back, one TV channel showed one of the four temples for Brahma, in India!

Sorry, I forgot to note down the names!

From Wiki:

''Though almost all Hindu religious rites involve prayer to Brahmā, very few temples are dedicated to His worship. Among the

most prominent is
the Brahmā temple at Pushkar. Once a year, on Kartik Poornima, the full moon night of the Hindu lunar

month of
Kartik (October – November), a religious festival is held in Brahmā's honour. Thousands of pilgrims come to bathe in

the holy
Pushkar Lake adjacent to the temple.There is a temple in Asotravillage in Balotra taluka of Rajasthan's Barmer

district
, which is known as Kheteshwar Brahmadham Tirtha.Temples to Brahmā also exist in Thirunavaya in Kerala. The

Trimurti temple and the temple dedicated to Brahma accompanied by
Ganesh, located outside Sri Padmanabhaswamy temple,

in
Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, is also famous. Regular pujas are held for Brahmā at the temple inThirunavaya, and during

Navrathris, this temple comes to life with multi-varied festivities.

In the temple town of
Kumbakonam in the Thanjavur District of Tamil Nadu; in Kodumudi in Tamil Nadu. There is also a shrine

for Brahmā within the
Brahmapureeswarar Temple in Tiruchirappalli.

There is a temple dedicated to Brahmā in the temple town of Sri
Kalahasti near Tirupati in Andhra Pradesh.

7 feet height of Chatrumukha (Four Faces) BRAHMA temple at Bangalore (Karnataka, India).

In the coastal state of
Goa, a shrine belonging to the 5th century AD, in the small and remote village of Carambolim in the

Sattari Taluka in the northeast region of the state is found.

Famous
murti of Brahmā exists at Mangalwedha, 52 km from the Solapur district of Maharashtra and in Sopara near Mumbai.

Statues of Brahmā may be found in
Khedbrahma, Gujarat.''

Does anyone know why there are no temples for Brahma?

Why there are very few Temples for Lord Brahma

Please open this link and Read

Brahma: Everything You Need to Know

There are very few temples dedicated to Brahma alone as thousands of temples dedicated to the other deities.

(i) Pushkar (Rajasthan) Brahma Temple:

Brahma Temple - The Brahma temple is an important pilgrim center for the Hindus. It is nestled in the Pushkar valley, which lies beyond Nagaparvat and the Anasagar Lake. This place, full of natural beauty, holds a special place in the hearts of Indian for it is believed that Lord Brahma, together with all the gods and goddesses, performed a Yagya here. Legends also has it that the ancient lake Sarovar had appeared miraculously, when a lotus fell from the hands of Lord Brahma and dropped into this valley. Brahma Temple The most famous temple in Pushkar, this is the only temple dedicated to Lord Brahma (the creator of the universe according to Hindu mythology) in the entire country. You can identify it by its red spire and by the image of a hans (the goose considered sacred to Lord Brahma). This temple built with marble is decorated with silver coins and there is a silver turtle on the floor of the temple.

(ii) Other Brahma Temples:

1) Kumbakonam (Tamil Nadu)

2) Thirunavaya in Kerala:

Regular pujas are held for Lord Brahma at the temple in Thirunavaya and during Navrathris, this temple comes to life with colourful festivities.

3) Asotra village in Balotra Taluka of Barmer district in Rajasthan known as Kheteshwar Brahmadham Tirtha

4) Brahma-Karmali village in Sattari Taluka in Goa

5) Khedbrahma in Gujarat

6) Khokhan village in the Kullu Valley, 4 km from Bhuntar, in the state of Himachal Pradesh

7) Sri Kalahasti near Tirupati in Andhra Pradesh

(iii) Some more places of Brahma Worship :

There is also a shrine for Brahma within the Bramhapureeshwarar temple in Thirupattur, near Trichy and a famous murti of Brahma at Mangalwedha, 52 km from Solapur district in Maharashtra, the largest of which is in Angkor Wat in Cambodia. In Khedbrahma, Gujarat, there is a statue of Brahma. A six feet tall statue was also discovered at Sopara near Mumbai.

Source: Yahoo answers

Last edited:
Dear Madam Renuka, Madam Raji Ram, Mr PJ

Thank you all for providing references that temples for Brahma ji exists. I was not aware and only read some stories online that Brahma ji was cursed to never have a temple. There are all kinds of stories and do not know what people believe in, so I asked

Protector and Destroyer have so many temples in the world. But the poor creator of the world and creator of Maya has very few temples all because of stories of a curse. Dattatreya also does not have many temples! Just noticing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back