• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Dam999: Is this a Political Drama Depicting TN & Kerala?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello ALL:

Recently I saw this Dam999 movie. The screenplay of this movie has been added to the Library of Oscars.. This supposedly conveys the nine emotions of people.

Well, Warner Bros is distributing this in 2D and 3D.. and has marketing hoopla to fetch many Oscar Nominations...!!

OscAR Rahman expects at least one of the Three Songs will get the Nomination AND the Oscar Award...

Politically, the movie has been banned in TN. Although Sohon Roy claims it's not about Mullaperiyar Dam.

My personal view is as a Movie it is not that good... because I am not a Superstitious person believing in Astrology, Ayurvedic Medicine etc..

The Nine Themes are NOT expressed by the actors that well... it needs more professional seasoned actors to do the job right.

I give just 2* out of 5* (Dear K: I hope you see this movie and write a detailed Review and Evaluation soon! :))

Since it is screened this year when the Mullaperiyar Dam Row is at its peak, Sohon Roy is wrong in saying it is NOT about Mullaperiyar Dam.. It is.. on this Kalaigner Mu Ka is correct. But it should be screened everywhere in India. You just can't ban movies like this.

I hope this movie brings home at least another Oscar Award to India (for Song/Score), as AR Rahman wishes.

See here DAM999 Movie 3D Website - Official

What say you?

Cheers.

dear Y,

you were quiet for a while. i thought that you have had enough of us here. good to see you back.

Dam999 is on my list. hope to get at it soon, and will pen a review. thank you.

one query though - i thought ayurveda had nothing to do with superstition, but more like siddha or unani or homeopathy or allopathy, just another school of rational medicine. please confirm, eitherway. thank you.

dear Y,

you were quiet for a while. i thought that you have had enough of us here. good to see you back.

Dam999 is on my list. hope to get at it soon, and will pen a review. thank you.

one query though - i thought ayurveda had nothing to do with superstition, but more like siddha or unani or homeopathy or allopathy, just another school of rational medicine. please confirm, eitherway. thank you.

Dear K:

I was away visiting my daughter for the X-mas holidays; we had good time.

And, I am writing posts in other Forum on Politics in the US, as the Election Season is starting here in earnest!

Thus, I may not frequent this Forum as often as I used to, for now!:)

On Ayurvedic Medicine: I don't believe much of it - in the movie they say it has cure for paralysis and juvenile diabetes etc. Maybe, some small sub-fraction of the sufferers get cure from Ayurvedic sometimes, not always... it is not understood well by systematic research; thus, it can never get the status of Allopathy Medicine as we know it..

Anyway, there may be thousands of people who love Ayurvedic medicine, Astrology etc... not me!

Take care.

Regards.

Y

Dear ALL:

This movie DAM999 would be loved by the Traditionalists in this Forum for the following reasons:

1. This is a Propaganda Movie espousing the Supremacy of Janma Poorva Karma (JPK) - the core hallmark of Hinduism - and the Power of Prayers, Poojas and Bhajans of which I have been rioting for a long time here.

JPK is the Philosophy that warrants the Concepts of Rebirth and Reincarnation of Soul, and FATE, Destiny and Kismet - which has created the MINDSET among the billion poor Indians that they are suffering in Abject Poverty because of their Generation-Old Karma - a Fatalism which does not bring a tangible SOLUTION to these vastly uneducated mass.

2. This movie claims that health problems like infertility, paralysis and juvenile diabetes can be cured by Ayurvedic Medicine. This is a patently FALSE claim. There is no Systematic Research and Data on a large scale to substantiate this bogus claim.

3. The Astrologer/Ayurvedic Guru finally perishes in the Flood mostly created NOT by DAM999 per se, but by the 6.5 RS Earthquake, which Director Sohan Roy underplays in this Political Drama.

Sohon Roys of the world should know that Earthquakes CAN hit anywhere and everywhere in the world and create massive deaths and destruction of property unimaginable to anybody..

But, human beings are basically Optimists. With proper planning and execution, we can all live in peace and harmony without subscribing to FEAR and Paranoia as this DAM999 propagates.

Thus, I believe this movie by Sohan Roy is a Political Drama supporting the FATALISTIC views of some religious traditionalists (and supported by the Kerala Govt).

A Bad Movie taken with a Poisonous Intent.. it should not fly high.

More later...

ps. But, if the movie gets Nomination & Award at the Oscars for MUSIC (as Maestro OscAR Rahman wishes) I will not be unhappy either... Wait & watch. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back