• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Cure of health and may be other problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

sravna

Folks,

You may have heard people curing health problems even major ones through their mind. I do not know how many believe in it but I have this to say to you: I myself have applied that approach to my own health problems and have found amazing results. In fact it worked on some longstanding problems of my parents etc. This only confirms my faith that mental energy could be a harmonizer that mends unlike physical energy that breaks. Any one tried such a thing?

Sri Sravna,

The psychology of the mind/brain is the root cause of many ailments. Negative thinking, pessimism, unwarranted fear, stress and emotional disturbances of any sort were found as the reasons behind many health issues of the body.

The treatment that psychiatrist administer for their patients are all holistic in nature.

The strong and courageous mind set helps the patient to undergo surgery without much complications than those who don't have the courage and mental strength.

Yes, I have experienced the result applying the approach/technique of mental healing, not to say in a great order as special and exceptional to me. I believe, many of us could have experienced it some way.

For example, when we are down, upset and stressed, listening to good melodious movie songs or bakthi songs, help our mind getting freshened up and feel relaxed. Once relaxed and could over come with the mental issue, we tend to have a totally different perspective, belief and determination.

It is really amazing to note as how positive belief and healing emotions can literally create a healing response with out any real medical intervention.

It would be nice, if you could share with us, your experiences of this approach of mental stimulation to cure some ailments.

Last edited:
Folks,

You may have heard people curing health problems even major ones through their mind. I do not know how many believe in it but I have this to say to you: I myself have applied that approach to my own health problems and have found amazing results. In fact it worked on some longstanding problems of my parents etc. This only confirms my faith that mental energy could be a harmonizer that mends unlike physical energy that breaks. Any one tried such a thing?

I never tried becos I can hardly keep my mind still but I have heard of this and have known people who have done this.

But be very careful cos many people do get carried away with this and feel they have no signs and symptoms of a disease and go into a state of denial and refuse all treatment and only hasten their journey to abode of Yama.
Seen many patients like this too.

Any sort of mind control needs to be done only with a proper guru believe me..i have seen an extreme case in the family of a near one where the old lady was almost hallucinating.
So my advise is unless we know what we are doing never dabble with mind control therapy.

Time Tested Namasmarana is still the safest bet and even Likhita Japa is safe to calm the mind.

Last edited:
Sri Sravna,

The psychology of the mind/brain is the root cause of many ailments. Negative thinking, pessimism, unwarranted fear, stress and emotional disturbances of any sort were found as the reasons behind many health issues of the body.

The treatment that psychiatrist administer for their patients are all holistic in nature.

The strong and courageous mind set helps the patient to undergo surgery without much complications than those who don't have the courage and mental strength.

Yes, I have experienced the result applying the approach/technique of mental healing, not to say in a great order as special and exceptional to me. I believe, many of us could have experienced it some way.

For example, when we are down, upset and stressed, listening to good melodious movie songs or bakthi songs, help our mind getting freshened up and feel relaxed. Once relaxed and could over come with the mental issue, we tend to have a totally different perspective, belief and determination.

It is really amazing to note as how positive belief and healing emotions can literally create a healing response with out any real medical intervention.

It would be nice, if you could share with us, your experiences of this approach of mental stimulation to cure some ailments.

Dear Ravi,

In my opinion holistic healing is the right approach for the ailments of the body. This is because I believe there is strong interconnectedness among the body parts. Human body I would say is as spiritual as a physical thing can get.

The problem with modern medicine is that it ignores this and treats the ailments as if the one part can be treated in isolation from the others. This I think is the cause of the numerous harmful side effects that the medicines cause. Ayurveda in my opinion adopts the right philosophy for treatment of the ailments considering the body as a holistic unit.

Spiritual energy only can effectively treat and completely cure such affected interconnected units. That is why the mind may play an important role in curing health problems. Thoughts are the closest to pure spiritual energy and therefore has this potential. So just by thinking in a focussed manner that the particular ailment be cured, it does get cured! This is real because I have had numerous first hand experiences.

I am not sure whether this will work for everyone, but if anything can neatly cure health problems it is the thoughts.

Dear Renuka,

Yes , one needs to understand that there could be limitations. But, there really need not be. Because the closer your thoughts get to spiritual energy the less harmful it can be and more effective it would be. The extreme cases one can think of are the rishis of the yore who by their mind power achieved stupendous feats. I think they cannot be dismissed as just products of imagination. I have come to believe that mind could scale such heights.

Dear Ravi,

In my opinion holistic healing is the right approach for the ailments of the body. This is because I believe there is strong interconnectedness among the body parts. Human body I would say is as spiritual as a physical thing can get.

The problem with modern medicine is that it ignores this and treats the ailments as if the one part can be treated in isolation from the others. This I think is the cause of the numerous harmful side effects that the medicines cause. Ayurveda in my opinion adopts the right philosophy for treatment of the ailments considering the body as a holistic unit.

Spiritual energy only can effectively treat and completely cure such affected interconnected units. That is why the mind may play an important role in curing health problems. Thoughts are the closest to pure spiritual energy and therefore has this potential. So just by thinking in a focussed manner that the particular ailment be cured, it does get cured! This is real because I have had numerous first hand experiences.

I am not sure whether this will work for everyone, but if anything can neatly cure health problems it is the thoughts.

Agree with you in most points.Medical science only takes into account the Gross body as the Subtle body theory holds no good in medical science.
The mind in medical science is only seen as a function of the gross brain but we all know that the Antahkarana(Mind as we call it) is actually made up of Manas,Buddhi,Chitta and Ahankara and the Manas and Buddhi role and function can be altered and conditioned.

Chitta we dont have much control I feel as its more like a microchip storing data from Janma to Janma.
Ahankara to get a control of that we have to rope in Advaita and sing Chidananda Roopah Shivoham Shivoham.So till we reach that state we have to sing other songs.

Ok now coming to Manas.Mind in the state of volition is known as Manas and in a state of decision is known as Buddhi.

These 2 states can be programmed to function at a better level.So Sravna over to you now.What do you propose?

Last edited:
Dear Renuka,

Yes , one needs to understand that there could be limitations. But, there really need not be. Because the closer your thoughts get to spiritual energy the less harmful it can be and more effective it would be. The extreme cases one can think of are the rishis of the yore who by their mind power achieved stupendous feats. I think they cannot be dismissed as just products of imagination. I have come to believe that mind could scale such heights.

Dear Sravna,

I wasnt talking about rishis.I know they are beyond anything.I was talking about common folks dabbling with mind control without a proper guru for guidance.

Swami Vivekananda had cautioned not to attempt mind control without a guru cos it can lead to hallucinations and even insanity and many get caught up in ego with their new found siddhic powers.

Dear Renuka,

Sri Sravna,

You are right in cautioning that there could be limitations to practice, feel and experience the results.

I could very well grasp your inputs when you say that thoughts are closest to the spiritual energy, mind/brain got the potential to cure ailments.

The highlight that you are trying to expose is the strength of the spirital evergy and how our brain could have the potential to grasp the energy. And with that energy import, the brain could control the interconnected parts of the body in a systematic support-functional order.

Our thoughts leads to emotions and our emotions leads to our thoughts. So when we are focused on curing the gross body with optimistic thoughts, our emotions gets cured as well. When the emotions gets cured (with the help of our thought process that could grasp the spiritual energy), we can find astounding results.

Here we should not get confused with the approaches of some individuals who try to attain positive results by way of self hypnotism. This is what is absolutely dangerous/harmful.

As you have stated, the miracle of spiritual energy that vibrates the brain with full of true spiritual thoughts, leads to holistic curing of the ailment without any side effects.

Last edited:
Dear Sravna, I wasnt talking about rishis.I know they are beyond anything.I was talking about common folks dabbling with mind control without a proper guru for guidance. Swami Vivekananda had cautioned not to attempt mind control without a guru cos it can lead to hallucinations and even insanity and many get caught up in ego with their new found siddhic powers.
I would also ask folks who may want to practice it to heed to the advice of Renuka and take the guidance of a competent person.

Sri Sravna,

You are right in cautioning that there could be limitations to practice, feel and experience the results.

I could very well grasp your inputs when you say that thoughts are closest to the spiritual energy, mind/brain got the potential to cure ailments.

The highlight that you are trying to expose is the strength of the spirital evergy and how our brain could have the potential to grasp the energy. And with that energy import, the brain could control the interconnected parts of the body in a systematic support-functional order.

Our thoughts leads to emotions and our emotions leads to our thoughts. So when we are focused on curing the gross body with optimistic thoughts, our emotions gets cured as well. When the emotions gets cured (with the help of our thought process that could grasp the spiritual energy), we can find astounding results.

Here we should not get confused with the approaches of some individuals who try to attain positive results by way of self hypnotism. This is what is absolutely dangerous/harmful.

As you have stated, the miracle of spiritual energy that vibrates the brain with full of true spiritual thoughts, leads to holistic curing of the ailment without any side effects.

Excellent explanation Ravi!

I would also ask folks who may want to practice it to heed to the advice of Renuka and take the guidance of a competent person.

Dear Sravna,

Please dont quote me cos I was just echoing Swami Vivekananda's words.

I have been using the following mantra successfully for the past 20 years. It was coined by Bharati.

நான் நோயற்றேன். நான் வலிமை உடையேன். என் உடம்பின் உறுப்புகள் தெய்வ வலிமையைப் பெற்றுக் கொண்டுவிட்டன. அவை திறன் உடையன, லாகவம் உடையன, இன்பம் தரித்தன, மிக எளிதில் இயங்குவன, மஹா சக்தியின் வீடுகளாயின. என் உடம்பில் நோயின் வேகமே கிடையாது. நான் நோய்களை எல்லாம் புறத்தே வீசி எறிந்து விட்டேன். நான் ஸுகம், நானே பலம். நான் சக்தி. பொய் பலஹீனமுடையது. நான் ஸத்தியம். நான் கடவுள். நான் ஆற்றல். நான் வலிமையின்றி நோயுற்றல் எங்ஙனம் இயலும்?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back