• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Crooks among Brahmins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decades ago T.N. Seshan in an interview to a magazine was talking about he being a Brahmin & in a lighter vein he observed that we Brahmins particularly the Palakkad Variety become one of what he called the 4 Cs They become Clerks Carnatic Musicians Cooks or Crooks . We have numerous posting regarding the 1st 2nd 3rd of the 4 Cs among Brahmins in this forum But hardly any posting about crooks among Brahmins It should be interesting if some one comes with a posting regarding them Jambu :crazy:

jambu,

personally know a few of them, related to some of them.

but would not want to wash our dirty laundry publicly. as such there is enough discordant tunes here. add to it a certain agony at the lack of how to arrange spouses for our youths, in addition to the problems occuring at home/abroad thorugh an increasing diasporic presence of body and even more a diasporic state of mind.

hope we can cut this short here re this topic.

thank you.

jambu,

personally know a few of them, related to some of them.

but would not want to wash our dirty laundry publicly. as such there is enough discordant tunes here. add to it a certain agony at the lack of how to arrange spouses for our youths, in addition to the problems occuring at home/abroad thorugh an increasing diasporic presence of body and even more a diasporic state of mind.

hope we can cut this short here re this topic.

thank you.

Yes and should.
I go with Sri Kunjuppu in this.

second kunjuppu on this one and third surya on this one ,jambu.me too thinks,our younger generation is in dire need of support for the progenies to flourish,no doubt t n seshan is a super guy or a super crook/cook,as the case maybe .

dear jambu
i feel in my experience they are very shrewd business minded even in a emotional setting they never take a straight forward hello, yen vandirukkaan? yenna venumo? kind of stuff and so all may not like this scrutiny and have branded them as crooks, they are chalu to get their work done, i some how appreciate this as in this life of so many marauders if one is not smart to know one is being taken for a ride, life would not be the same.
my husband was of the opinion like in kerala one should be very careful with trivandrum people and in tanjore they say the same with kumbakonam crowd..sunkan

dear jambu
i feel in my experience they are very shrewd business minded even in a emotional setting they never take a straight forward hello, yen vandirukkaan? yenna venumo? kind of stuff and so all may not like this scrutiny and have branded them as crooks, they are chalu to get their work done, i some how appreciate this as in this life of so many marauders if one is not smart to know one is being taken for a ride, life would not be the same.
my husband was of the opinion like in kerala one should be very careful with trivandrum people and in tanjore they say the same with kumbakonam crowd..sunkan

Virtues and Vices reflect the Character of an individual and not community. There are crooks in every community. There are also virtuous men in every community. This is clear evidence that birth in a community does not contribute to an individual's character. Communal environs may influence character but that is entirely different from contributing. TNS has gone too far in branding Brahmins as crooks. Whether you are virtous or guile or vicious depends on many factors viz Rearing, Background, Circumstances, Environment, Experiences in life etc etc.

very true iyer,
but when the subject come up it is better to speak about the issue without getting personal anywhere...sunkan

I fully agree with Mr .Iyer. Crooks are not the monopoly of one community.they r every where. might be very less in brahmins. that is a reason why we have not become sucessful polticians in plenty

Dear All

I think it is only inour community that we try to become big by making others small(crooks). No doubt they are crooks but hv u seen anyothercommunity speak publicly abt their black sheep?

Anusha

Dear All

I think it is only inour community that we try to become big by making others small(crooks). No doubt they are crooks but hv u seen anyothercommunity speak publicly abt their black sheep?

Anusha

a sachin tendulkar shot for 6 runs,bravo anusha and welcome:rockon:

Seshan's remarks was made in a lighter vein.This thread should be under humour.:madgrin:

Devan's novel Mr. Sampath would be a good read about this.:)

//my husband was of the opinion like in kerala one should be very careful with trivandrum people and in tanjore they say the same with kumbakonam crowd..sunkan//

It is mutual. If you ask a Trivandrum guy he will tell you how you should take every thing that the Palghat chaps say with a pinch of salt.In Tirunelvely we don't trust the people who are north of Madurai/Ramnad and that includes Thanjavur. I think these are all just opinions without any rational.

So he is it!

I know for sure that TNS is not a clerk. He may be doing cooking but cannot be told has become a cook. He is also not a carnatic musician though he may be following the musik like any other rasika. But he is a Brahmin and should be subscribing to the only left out 'C'.

But I also find myself in that 'C' and so the theory of TNS is not complete. Perhaps it should have another 'C' to include 'Calm type'.
Virtues and Vices reflect the Character of an individual and not community. There are crooks in every community. There are also virtuous men in every community. This is clear evidence that birth in a community does not contribute to an individual's character. Communal environs may influence character but that is entirely different from contributing. TNS has gone too far in branding Brahmins as crooks. Whether you are virtous or guile or vicious depends on many factors viz Rearing, Background, Circumstances, Environment, Experiences in life etc etc.

Last edited:
Kunjuppu. You are right. This was written by R.K. Narayanan. Made into a movie called Miss. Malini. The role of Mr. Sampath was played by Kotthamanglam Subbu in the 1947 production.

Kotthamanglam Subbu wrote and directed the film and appeared as Sampath, a cheat, in a portrayal that is considered exceptional in South Indian cinema and captured the character's "suave villainy".

A later production had Cho acting as Mr. Sampath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back