• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Copper kills cancer cells

Status
Not open for further replies.
pooja-lota-500x500.jpg

( On 27[SUP]th[/SUP] May 2012 ,I posted an article “HinduWisdom: Copper kills Bacteria” in this blog.Now we have one more news item in supportof this view. Hindus are allowed touse only copper vessels in religious ceremonies. Iron or stainless steel is notallowed. Bronze and brass slowly replaced the copper in homes. But in templesstill copper is used).

(News in LondonNews Papers)
A drug used to treat alcohol addiction could help destroydeadly brain tumours, research has shown.

[FONT=&quot]For more than 60 years, disulfiramhas been used as part of therapy to wean people off alcohol. It makes the bodyacutely sensitive to alcohol, producing an unpleasant reaction.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Now scientists believe the drug could offer new hope to patientswith glioblastoma, the most common and deadly form of brain cancer.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Unlike most drugs, disulfiram is able to penetrate the“blood-brain barrier” - a physical and molecular wall that keeps toxicsubstances out of the brain.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Laboratory tests have shown that the drug is effective atkilling cultured glioblastoma cells. This is especially true when disulfiram iscombined with gemcitabine, one of the few chemotherapy drugs that can cross theblood-brain barrier.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Study leader Dr Weiguang Wang, from the University ofWolverhampton, said: “We've been studying the cancer-fighting properties ofdisulfiram for over a decade, so it's very exciting to have reached a stagewhere clinical trials may be possible.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] “The idea of using copperto tackle cancer was first suggested by UK scientists in the 1920s, but this isthe first time that scientists have found a way of successfully transportingexcess copper into cancer cells and shown how this can be combined withconventional chemotherapy treatment to help kill glioblastoma cells. We're nowworking on the best way to deliver dilsulfiram and hope to begin clinicaltrials in cancer patients as soon as funding can be secured.”

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The research is published in the British Journal of Cancer.[/FONT]

Dear Sir

I am not sure if the article really says Copper kills cancer cells. It may be actually saying the opposite. Because high levels of copper is found in some types of cancer cells, it could be used as a marker for chemo drugs. DSF binds copper and also has chemosenstizing properties and hence could detect and kill cancer cells faster is the core of this article.

It also could mean that copper actually causes cancer. In one of the studies I read in advanced kidney cancer, drugs that reduce copper in body, stopped the growth of cancer, but since that affected the WBC count, those drugs were stopped.

One thing known for sure is, excess copper damages liver.

-TBT

Dear TBT

Excess of anything is dangerous to health.Tamil proverb "Amirthameeyaanaalum alavotu un"= even if it is ambrosia from heaven, dont exceed the limits. Copper ,Gold,Silver and such elements are required in our body as micro nutrients. Knowing this our forefathers wore this as rings in the right hand-eating hand. No one can take copper directly. My bothers always use water from copper vessels. All the Perumal temple tulsi water is given from copper vessels. It must be cleaned everyday. Other wise copper sulphate will form in it. Copper Gluconate is added when they treat cancer. It helps to carry the cancer killing drugs to the cancer cells. The press news did not give full details. Full details are available in science and medical journals. I am also a layman, but studied chemistry and biology at graduate level. My understanding from the news is copper helps in this process. In my earlier post, it said copper killed even MRSA bacteria.It was the results of experiments in British hospitals. But you are right in saying that the news as reported by newspapers is a bit vague.

More than copper, we had to put a coating of lead on copper vessels (Eiium). This is deadly cobination.
Mr. Bigthing has rightly ponted it out.
Mr. Swaminathan,
You post interesting articles, but lot of your conclusions are wrong. This is not the fisrt time that somebody has to point out that the results you arrive are not correct. Your continued posting on these subjects is leading you to becoming totally irrerelevent. I am sorry, I am sure that is not something you want.

Dear Prasad

Thanks for your comments.

The heading given by the British news papers is COPPER KILLS CANCER. So it is not my title. But the news item did not elaborate on this point. That is why I put it under Share category. Next point is that we have a reason to use copper from the very beginning which is followed in temples and our house rituals until today. Clean copper vessels will help us to maintain good health. I honestly believe in it. If there is any proof that using copper vessels will damage one's health, please bring to everyone's attention. I will be very happy to learn more about it.

Dear Prasad

Thanks for your comments.

The heading given by the British news papers is COPPER KILLS CANCER. So it is not my title. But the news item did not elaborate on this point. That is why I put it under Share category. Next point is that we have a reason to use copper from the very beginning which is followed in temples and our house rituals until today. Clean copper vessels will help us to maintain good health. I honestly believe in it. If there is any proof that using copper vessels will damage one's health, please bring to everyone's attention. I will be very happy to learn more about it.
I should not have to point out delibarate ommissions.
Just post a position that you have reserched with out bias.
Copper in health - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
EPA regulates copper in drinking water to protect public health. Copper may cause health problems if present in public or private water supplies in amounts greater than the drinking water standard set by EPA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back