• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

common practices amoung brahmins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear brothers and sisters
I request all to find a common practice of japa/rituals amoung brahmins so that atleast we treat all brahmins at par rather than seeing one section as upper to the other one thus paving way to our children to prefer alliance outside brahmincommunity. Let us show first that we really mean loka samastha sukhino bhavanthu by treating our community members at par

I feel this is an avoidable thread. This is just like going to a child who has just stopped crying after hurting himself from a fall and asking in a sympathetic tone " Ennumma Ennaachi"? to make the child cry again , and to observe with sadistic pleasure.

Like " Pillayen killi thottilen AAttarathu"".

Like some advertisements/ articles / Tv episodes where in the guise of opposing sex/drugs etc they bring only those scenes, (which if not written/shown ) would have just gone unnoticed.By doing this even the totally ignorant is induced into the evils.

I feel there is something surreptitious behind this thread.

If religion and cast is not important for the present and future generation than why to worry much about practicing japa/rituals. If a Brahmin boy or girl should be granted marriage outside Brahmin community than a simple prayer would be enough for his/her life. "MAANSEEGA POOJAI/VENDUDHAL" MATTUM PODHUME...

Cheers..

Last edited:
I think it is totally impossible. How can things such be clubbed together??? There are so many gods and so many traits of upasanas... How can they be mingled. Even for a single god. Say shakti- Vamachara, koulachara are there. These both are entirely different. How can then other traits to get mingled???

Pranams

Dear brothers and sisters
I request all to find a common practice of japa/rituals amoung brahmins so that atleast we treat all brahmins at par rather than seeing one section as upper to the other one thus paving way to our children to prefer alliance outside brahmincommunity. Let us show first that we really mean loka samastha sukhino bhavanthu by treating our community members at par

Excellent statement - all are same in the community

Now if it is the question of alliance or Intra-brahmin caste marriages, then rituals and japa would be a poor link. The actual link is Money and stauts. (sorry).

Like 4 varnas, within brahmin community itself we have bw, sc, st brahmins (sorry) this is based on financial status and work alone. (unfortunately).

So, we like it or not, if we are well versed in vedas or follow rituals it is not going to be respected within our community. One should also be financially good or famous to get the respect.

One must be educated to climb up in the ladder thats why each and every brahmin house hold concentrate on that.

Respected Sir, I understand that all Gods are part of one universe (Brahmam) in whatever name we may call. Also in some books I have read that we ourselves are God and only thing is that we are unbale to understand the same . If that is the case will it not be possible , eventhough if it is not easy, to have a common forum or atleast a try to treat at least all brahmins at par . With pranams

Now if it is the question of alliance or Intra-brahmin caste marriages, then rituals and japa would be a poor link. The actual link is Money and stauts. (sorry).

Like 4 varnas, within brahmin community itself we have bw, sc, st brahmins (sorry) this is based on financial status and work alone. (unfortunately).

pvraman,

are we not seeing it already.

if i am not mistaken, we have these new agraharams or gated communities with the goorkha at the door screening who enters and who cannot enter.

these nouveau agraharams are based on the financial strengths of the folks - each flat costing 2 - 25 crores. i believe that money alone is the commodity that will gain access here.

your religion, caste, language or creed does not matter.

n'est pas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back