• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Clarification regarding asaucham rules.

Namaskaram to all. I had certain doubts regarding cans and cannots during asaucham period and I don't know whom to ask. Joined this forum recently, and thought what better place to clarify.
My husband's paternal grandmother passed away in our native village on 22nd June. My father in law is there, and he is the one taking care of all the rituals in the village. Since my mother in law is staying with us(couldn't travel to the village during lockdown restrictions),i want to know what are the things i should do here from Day 10 onwards? My MIL seems to be slightly not very inclined to follow the rituals as these are not "usual" times, and since we are not physically present in the village. But I would just like to know about the procedures nonetheless!
1. Regarding offering rice to the crow. I do it daily. But during this period,I'm not sure.
2. Regarding re starting daily pujas and aartis and offering neivedhyam. (This is again a daily habit of mine)
3. Regarding abhishekam for the vigrahams at home (I previously used to do it every Monday. Can I still do it or I should avoid for one year?)
4. Regarding any other procedure I should follow from tomorrow (tomorrow is Day 10).
5. Regarding procedures for Day 12 and Subam on Friday.
I would be extremely grateful if someone could guide me.
Thanks in anticipation.

Whether you stick to all procedures or not, a)avoid visits to kuladeivam temples for one year b) attend varushabtheegam in person when it falls.c)pithru karyam takes precedence over daily pooja.So better limit them /avoid them doing in a grand manner.

Whether you stick to all procedures or not, a)avoid visits to kuladeivam temples for one year b) attend varushabtheegam in person when it falls.c)pithru karyam takes precedence over daily pooja.So better limit them /avoid them doing in a grand manner.
Thank you so much🙏

Latest ads

Back