• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Child's play

Status
Not open for further replies.
post 23 #
dear renukaji !
that is why it is said
when need come for his own ,they will do it on their own. when some is responsible in a family, all work will be entrusted to them only.when that person is notavilable , another person will assume that role. the person enjoying will be enjoying all the time. தனக்கு தனக்கு என்று வந்தால் பேயும் பிள்ளை வளர்க்கும்

dear renuka ji !
in joint family as you said the DILs were like cold war era USA and USSR .there were behind scene illicit contact and not revealed for family prestige. even a good member of the family will be branded bad for getting away from the joint family system.there were no frank talks and only yes masters.the eldest person judgement will be final whether it is good or bad.one man 's sacrifice will be fruit to all other lazy people.

I call it the Ba Ba Black Sheep Syndrome where all everyone says is Yes Sir Yes Sir Three Bags Full.

I feel relatives should stay in contact with each other and visit each other on and off.
But not stay in the same house.

I have a former classmate from India who lives in Uttar Pradesh.
His ancestors were some royal family descendants and in the present era all the males in the family have huge houses built in the same colony and they have a fort built around their own housing area.

So it is still like a joint family but all living in separate houses surrounded by a fort.

I feel that system is not bad becos each one is close by yet privacy is maintained.

post 23 #
dear renukaji !
that is why it is said
when need come for his own ,they will do it on their own. when some is responsible in a family, all work will be entrusted to them only.when that person is notavilable , another person will assume that role. the person enjoying will be enjoying all the time. தனக்கு தனக்கு என்று வந்தால் பேயும் பிள்ளை வளர்க்கும்

Dear sir,

But even till today I hate making beds.When I had my maid it was the maid who used to make the bed.
Now since I have no maid I take turns with husband to make the bed.

On Monday he makes the bed,
Tuesday it is my turn,
Wednesday it is his turn and so on.

I am also not fond of washing dishes.

So I do the cooking and husband washes the dishes.

I prefer work like mopping and washing the bathrooms cos that is calorie burning!

One more thing I dislike is folding clothes.
I always wished there was a clothes folding machine...someone should invent one.

I call it the Ba Ba Black Sheep Syndrome where all everyone says is Yes Sir Yes Sir Three Bags Full.

I feel relatives should stay in contact with each other and visit each other on and off.
But not stay in the same house.

I have a former classmate from India who lives in Uttar Pradesh.
His ancestors were some royal family descendants and in the present era all the males in the family have huge houses built in the same colony and they have a fort built around their own housing area.

So it is still like a joint family but all living in separate houses surrounded by a fort.

I feel that system is not bad becos each one is close by yet privacy is maintained.
dear renuka ji !
you have rightly depicted how a joint family be. as you said my FIL house ,my wife's grandma arranged accommodation for all her sons in the same street which enabled them elbow room and everybody enjoyed their privacy as well as the happiness of a joint family.the climax scene of SAMSARM MINSARAM where the actress laxmi was involved will worth mentioning here .the joint family will be successful when all the members are equally educated & have equal income.
even now my in-laws are staying in adjacent houses in the same town.we all spent nice time during any festival or ceremonies.

Last edited:
dear haridas siva !
with change of time we have to compromise for certain things.
being a government servant ,i was enjoying the fixed duty hours in my early part of service and i was spending more than 16 hours for office work when i become senior grade cos of the call duty nature in telecommunication.i will returning home late night after attending a major breakdown of network and before i could relax with 3 hrs another call will be waiting.8 hours work is not for us.
like wise since my wards in software side.their entire day is spent in office work from morning 07-30 to evening 0730.how they expect the olden days habit ,morning breakfast,lunch and evening dinner .they are having one time meal (you may call it as lunch or dinner )
even though they were not enjoying the past facilities, they devote much time for their child in telling stories ,provide them the latest toys ,cycle,feeding them nutrias food etc.
they scrutinize the school reports and listen to their experience in crutch/school
வாழ நினைத்தால் வாழலாம் வழியா இல்லை இந்த பூமியில்

dear sir !
ஆண் பிள்ளைகளை பெற்றால் வெண்கல பானை பெரிதாகும் பெண் பிள்ளைகளை பெற்றால் பானை சிறிதாகும் என்பது
என் பாட்டி கால பேச்சு ஆனால் இப்போது ஆணை பெற்றாலும் பெண்ணை பெற்றாலும்
சோத்து பானை ஒரே மாதிரி தான் பெண்கள் கல்யாணம் /ஆண்கள் வேலை இவற்றால் இடம் மாறுவதால் எல்லோரும் கூடி இருக்க முடிவதில்லை

Sri. Haridasa Siva, Greetings.

Ref. post 17 by Raghy:
Your favourite sleep over place was smasaanam? Really courageous. I am not surprised that you say that no one bothered you. But going by what you describe about yourself in this forum, I wonder whether other "inmates" were bothered by you!:suspicious:

I am rolling with laughter! This is a new one! I heard this only from the kids in my village in those days. Actuallycouple of elderly guys did not like my hanging out in th smasanam; they use to say " Why don't you go somewhere else? you are disturbing the peace in that place!".... But who is to know when I sneak there after 10.00 at night ( alternative weeks I got off from work at 8.30 Pm. So, bath, dinner.. and off at about 9.30 pm).

Cheers!

hi Raghy sir,
now a days sleepover is different from olden days....in hostel we boys used to sleep together....on school vacation ...we used to sleep

as cousins together....now a days SLEEPOVER is entirely different...you know very well...lol

Sri.tbs, Greetings.

I didn't have 'that sleep over' ever. I know what you mean. But I don't know if it happens amoung Indian kids though, even in overseas countries. My daughter comes home quite late; so, one day I openly asked her about her activities. She said she was not doing anything like that. Contrary to popular belief, most youngsters brand an 'easy lay' as a slut; no girl wants that. Secondly most girls like to wait for Mr. Right.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back