• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Child rearing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Renu,

I think most of the parents add 'ma' behind their daughter's name.

Daughters are pampered more, I think! :thumb:

Dear RR ji...daughters are MONITORED more.

Every step I took..I was watched but it finally didnt do any good cos when I turned adult I did what I wantedLOL

Dear RR ji...daughters are MONITORED more.

Every step I took..I was watched but it finally didnt do any good cos when I turned adult I did what I wantedLOL
Dear Renu,

Daughters are petted more and monitored more just because parents want to be sure of their safety.

When we grow up, we are supposed to know what is good and what is bad. What our parents taught come as videos now!

For example, there was one video to teach the girl children the difference between good touch and bad touch by people.
icon3.png

In the same show I mentioned in the OP, I saw a cute girl child recite some Tamil verses, tell the names of Navagrahams,

all the Tamil months and a few KuraLs too. I was amazed, since she lives in the U S of A. Her grandma had taught her all

these, she said with a smile! I remembered my grandpa! :)

...... With renukaji all have to accept defeat finally.

One cannot smother a free bird.
Are you yet to know Renu is Ayiraththil oruththi?
icon3.png

When I say all females are :angel: s, she says something diametrically opposite!! :D

Another big problem for parents is the 'projects' of their kids! They really suffer to collect materials for these,

as soon as the child steps into I standard! Our parents never faced such problems. :cool:

Dear Renu,

Daughters are petted more and monitored more just because parents want to be sure of their safety.

When we grow up, we are supposed to know what is good and what is bad. What our parents taught come as videos now!

For example, there was one video to teach the girl children the difference between good touch and bad touch by people.
icon3.png

Dear RR ji,

My mother has a very judgmental way of right and wrong.
There are no grey areas for her.

If something is good its can only be good for her..if its bad its always bad.

BUT I dont think that way..I feel there is no 100% good and 100% bad and there are many shades of grey.

My father too has different sets of rules for a son and daughter.

I never followed anything finally But I turned out fine.

I cant stand my mums friends..they are very Holier than Thou sorts...I seriuosly dont know how my mum hangs around with themLOL

Childrens projects bring out the best in parents.

My wife took delight in doing my sons school projects.

I took interest in sons engg college project and grabbed his final yearproject mate and made her my daughter in law.

See taking interst helps in many ways.lol

Dear RR ji,

My mother has a very judgmental way of right and wrong.
There are no grey areas for her.

If something is good its can only be good for her..if its bad its always bad.

BUT I dont think that way..I feel there is no 100% good and 100% bad and there are many shades of grey.

My father too has different sets of rules for a son and daughter.

I never followed anything finally But I turned out fine.

I cant stand my mums friends..they are very Holier than Thou sorts...I seriuosly dont know how my mum hangs around with themLOL
Turned out fine for whom?

Hm....When will parents learn?

With renukaji all have to accept defeat finally.

One cannot smother a free bird.

A bird decides what it wants..it can be born free or it can decide to sing sweetly for the one who captivates its heart.

So freedom or bondage are both its wings...the flight it takes decides its destiny.

Are you yet to know Renu is Ayiraththil oruththi?
icon3.png

When I say all females are :angel: s, she says something diametrically opposite!! :D

Dear RRji...are we females Angels?
I dont think so.

Deluding forces are feminine.
Its masculine forces that are angelic.

So we are never angels.

Why do you think Maya is feminine?
Why is Kundalini feminine?

Why did the serpent approach Eve instead of Adam?

Cos we are the ones with both creative and destructive potential.

So angel or devil?

An Enigma?

When my son was in KG class, his teacher made the kids write ten pages of alphabets, everyday!

He used to write a few and when he was tired, I used finished the rest, of course with my left hand. :)

See, left hand always helps us during emergencies! ;)

Helping in college project and win a daughter in law! Wow, Krish Sir. :clap2:
You mean daughter in law.

Of course, I liked the way she was asserting her point of view and lecturing boys on right and wrong.

TB girls are good at keeping boys on a leash and controlling them effectively.lol

When my son was in KG class, his teacher made the kids write ten pages of alphabets, everyday!

He used to write a few and when he was tired, I used finished the rest, of course with my left hand. :)

See, left hand always helps us during emergencies! ;)
It is called recursive writing.

Kids end up with beautiful handwriting
Convent schools are good at english teaching.

But their stress on discipline is maddening

Also not good for brahmin kids as it conflicts with their ritualism and caste marks and thread.Girls cannot have pottu or any type of jewellery including ear studs.

Then this morning assembly and glorifying christianity.

These missionary schools should be closed at the earliest

To be financially sound, both parents go to work leaving the tiny tots at some creches / day care centers.

The babies don't get full time attention from their mom. Poor souls!

In the school where my son studied, they had about half an hour of prayer in assembly, every morning.

Some kids used to faint during the month of April, due to heat. But the practice continues even now!

I live next door to a creche.

I see every day father, mother, sometimes grand parents dropping kids with bag , food and water bottle.

Some ring my door bell by mistake.

The kids are a noisy kind.

In afternoon loud recorded music is played for them everyday.

I hear and it is second childhood for me .lol

Not only children, adults are also becoming more noisy now a days. When the parents themselves talk in the top of their voice,

how will they control the children when they shout? Soon, many Indians will be semi-deaf! :ear:

Why do adult shout?

My thinking is many do not feel recognised.

They shout to catch attention and be heard.

Lots of them have been challenged and couple outshout each other to show who is boss and in control.

Women shriek and men shout , women win and men are silenced.lol

I met one interesting mAmA in Connecticut. Right from the tender age, his two children were 'taught' to talk in Tamil at home and

eat breakfast and dinner with the family. Both his son and daughter are nicely brought up and the daughter has entered into one of

my extended families. They are so proud of her! :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back