• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Char Dham visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Mayuran, The best months to visit Char Dham in Uttarakhand are May and First half of June. May is the best because there will not be any interruptions due to rains or cold weather. June first half also doesn't see much rains. It is not recommended to travel from June end till August end due to heavy rainfall. There will be landslides and frequent road blockages. Also it is not very safe. Alternatively you can visit in September second half or October first half which is also a good time. If you need any further help doing this yatra, please send me a personal message. I myself traveled on Char Dham Yatra many times in all season. Would be happy to assist you.
What is the best time of the year to visit Char Dham? I am thinking of July or August. I am from the US and cold is not an issue. But monsoon and extreme heat could be a problem. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Dear Sasi: Thank you for your message. Will your advice be the same if we go ONLY to Haridwar, Rishikesh and Badrinath and nowhere else? Thank you.

Haridwar and Rishikesh are fine during July and August. Rainfall will still be there but it won't effect you as much as on the hills. However Badrinath will still have heavy rainfall with a possibility of landslides. So please proceed with caution. If i were you, I would stick with Rishikesh, Haridwar and places near Nainital. That will combine devotion with leisure.
Dear Sasi: Thank you for your message. Will your advice be the same if we go ONLY to Haridwar, Rishikesh and Badrinath and nowhere else? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back