• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Category leaders of the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi sir,

this is not corporate based forum....this purely culture/religious/faith based programme....i can tell some example....i heard recently

beautiful kaalashepams of sri velukudi krishnan swamy/sri dhusyant sridhar/smt vishaka ravi etc...even sri dhusyant is BITS PILANI

PRODUCT/IT GUY i think....but many/all listeners are old retired ppls....so every forum is UNIQUE in nature...may not for everyone's taste..

my 2 cents..

Dear Mr tbs:

This forum is much more than culture/religion/faith if we look at the diversity of topics - sociology, philosophy, technology, health, literature, music .. I cannot think of a topic area that is left out.

It is open to all , not just TB. It touches many aspects of a person's lifestyle. Yet it cannot attract youngsters or those in middle ages. It gets flybys at best.

Time for introspection by members that want to see this grow!

Attracting youngsters??

I remember what Krish Sir used to write often.

He is active in another forum where youngsters seek his advice!

They want elders to support live-in relationships. ;)

Most of us here, don't agree to such modern ideas.

Which youngster wants to discuss Brahminism, politics or spirituality??

So, this forum will neither suit nor attract them. :nono: ... :nod:

Respected Sir,

TB population in US and other western countries have lost the TB culture. In the last several years we have only attended inter-caste, inter-race and inter-religious marriages (with one side being a TB). The second and third generation do not speak the language even though some may understand.

I may be the youngest here (not that young) compared to most retired people in this forum. Most youngsters do not visit this forum and do not like to stick around.

The forum is a repository of non-reviewed information. Mostly the ones that come here are 'flybys' - they come , ask a question and leave.

This is my assessment - not a criticism. The TB forum does not stand for anything (I am only talking about the collective members , not the owner).

There are forums that have become multi-million dollar enterprises. So possibility is there to be helpful and successful. One of my corporate roles is organizational improvements, processes etc. With that eye, I say we are not in the right path. Not sure it is fixable at this stage..

Again, I hope you are right and I am wrong.

Best Regards

Dear friend,

I appreciate your rejoinder to my post. What ever I write is my personal thoughts gathered out of my experience. My views depends on the environment and conditions under which I was brought up. It has also gone through a lot of metamorphosis as I grew up and walked through more than eight decades of ups and downs.
In the early phase many of my views and beliefs were moulded by my family in which I am brought up. It was regimented by a lots of do's and donts blinkers, that was prevailing middle class Brahmins settled down in small towns, in those days. I must admit it was a sort of life of what they call "thirisangu", neither orthodox nor modern. Most of the Brahmin families left their traditional occupation of Vedic studies and under went the modern education and joined jobs offered by Government to earn their living. When other forward communities came in competition, we were relegated to the back by what is called caste based reservation. Thus we lost our prominence in the society, which slowly turned to hatred due to political influence !
These changes happened to my generation more virulently in South. We faced this silently without a murmur of protest.
I should gratefully congratulate our children for enduring all the hardships faced for no fault of theirs and studied hard and migrated abroad.
The most appreciable thing is inspite of radical changes in lifestyle, Brahmins did not change the core values of "Patience and perseverance ".
Let me write my views after reading other views.
Warm regards,
Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

In this forum, we have discussed the so-called "TB Culture.

The participants are new but the discussion has not changed.

https://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showthread.php?t=12246&p=189910#post189910

Sangomji wrote:

We all make tall and mostly nostalgic claims about culture, tradition and religion. All these have changed over time; we are like dry leaves floating in river water - the ever changing aspect of time. I think it is an essential part of human psychology to find some sort of peace in nostalgia.

Kunjuppu wrote:

which comes to another question. do we consider ourselves tamils first or brahmins first? the crux of our vision, may depend on how a majority of us view ourselves.

let me emphasize, there are no right or wrong answers here. just discussions, as in the ultimte, each one of us will do, what is right for us, at that time and under that circumstances.

for example, someone who crows over the rooftops about the wickedness of inter caste marriage, has been known to change his mind overnight when his daughter married a muslim. this is someone fairly intimately. so, the beauty of our psyche, is that none of what we hold today as true is permanent. for this too will change.

let us carry on.. into the future.

https://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showthread.php?t=7628&p=107779#post107779

Sangomji wrote:
"Brahmins" as defined by the purushasooktam hymn were most probably not indigenous to the dravidian society. Though there are terms like 'anthanar' or 'paarpanar' in old Tamil literature, imo, there is no conclusive evidence to equate those with the vedic brahmins; on the contrary scholars seem to think that these terms might have referred to the native seers, sages and mendicants - may be jain or may be entirely peculiar to the dravidian culture.

https://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showthread.php?t=7628&p=107850#post107850

What culture are we talking about?

Last edited:
Attracting youngsters??

I remember what Krish Sir used to write often.

He is active in another forum where youngsters seek his advice!

They want elders to support live-in relationships. ;)

Most of us here, don't agree to such modern ideas.

Which youngster wants to discuss Brahminism, politics or spirituality??

So, this forum will neither suit nor attract them. :nono: ... :nod:

Well, not all youngsters want to live together contrary to what Mr Krish44 may believe. At least a good number of Indian kids that I know in USA and elsewhere are quiet mature.

Mr Krish44 holds views that may not be mainstream TB views (certainly according to my 'sparring partner' LOL - he may call me other names LOL)

If this forum represents a 'culture', then can it attract the next generation (say 30 - 50) to get engaged. In its current make up it has not been able to do that.

This speaks more about the current membership and their views & style than a TB culture (however that is defined)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back