• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Can I perform 10th and 13th day ceremony abroad in addition to siblings in India?

Dear Members,

I need advice quickly…..

I live abroad and am 57. My mother passed away this morning in India, Chennai, where I have brothers and sisters. There are no flights to Chennai directly and my brothers are going to perform the cremation today by 3 PM. They are not planning to wait for me. My spouse and daughter are now attending the cremation ceremonies…

There are flights to Chennai in 4 or 5 days. My question is whether I can perform tenth and thirteenth day rituals abroad, in addition to the ceremony my brothers performing at Chennai. There is a Gujarati Pandit available who does annual ceremony for my father.

The travel now is restricted and with the new COVID variant spreading, travels are increasingly getting restricted. My return journey may get restricted by the local government. Further, there are COVID risks in family gathering, I am expecting that some 40 to 50 persons may attend ceremonies.

I am seeking advice, because I need to plan travel or otherwise.

Namaskaram.

Last edited:
hi
i recently visited chennai last week from USA.....the travel can be avoided....u can contact local temple

priest immmediately...

in my case also similar thing happened. Vathiyar advised that only eldest has to perform and due to my covid condition the 12th and 13th days were postponed by more than a month... 10th and 11th can be peformed by younger one

Sirs

Can I perform Hriyana shrardham for both sodhakumbam and masyam to be performed by me every month. I have already performed for 3 months and for remaining 9month every month two hiranya sharardhams- one each for sodakumbam and masiyam.

Thanks for the help

Latest ads

Back