• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

business week tech 100 list

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunjuppu

BYD Auto,Build Your Dreams

it is interesting to note that TCS is #5 in the world as viewed by business week. ahead of any japanese company. or german for that matter.

but of utmost interest to us, the #1 BYD (Build Your Dreams). it is a battery car manufacturer, and i am willing to bet, that in less than 5 years, this company from china will flood the world with battery operated cars.

the battery long life technology is their own, and a secret. trials have been good. warren buffet has invested $25 million in this company. only 60 moving parts compared to over 300 on an average per car now. great stuff.

it is interesting to note that TCS is #5 in the world as viewed by business week. ahead of any japanese company. or german for that matter.

but of utmost interest to us, the #1 BYD (Build Your Dreams). it is a battery car manufacturer, and i am willing to bet, that in less than 5 years, this company from china will flood the world with battery operated cars.

the battery long life technology is their own, and a secret. trials have been good. warren buffet has invested $25 million in this company. only 60 moving parts compared to over 300 on an average per car now. great stuff.

It is really great to see lot of India companies in the list. I could see three Indian companies in the top 10. Cognizent is classified as a US company but all their operations are in India only and it is a Chennai head-quartered company.

All the best

It is really great to see lot of India companies in the list. I could see three Indian companies in the top 10. Cognizent is classified as a US company but all their operations are in India only and it is a Chennai head-quartered company.

All the best

Namaste RVRji,

But Sir our IT companies provide services only and we still did not find a strong foot hold in software/hardware product market. May be Notion Ink Adam tablet will change the scenario.

I think only DRDO is focusing on software/hardware product development but then they are not commercial products.

I wish & hope that in future our IT giants to work with IITs to enter into research and product development.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Jai SiyaRaam

china will flood the world

"china will flood the world'' in all respect

Now Chain`s impact in all fields including export of technical/skilled man power in middle east reagons . more over all major companies from india is having factory in china. like tata`s voltas,and many reg in india/mumbai is comming as made in china.

china all ready in way to become a major economy to marks a world money - replace usd/euro etc.:embarassed:

Namaste RVRji,

But Sir our IT companies provide services only and we still did not find a strong foot hold in software/hardware product market. May be Notion Ink Adam tablet will change the scenario.

I think only DRDO is focusing on software/hardware product development but then they are not commercial products.

I wish & hope that in future our IT giants to work with IITs to enter into research and product development.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Jai SiyaRaam

Indian IT companies are mostly focussing on services except a few. Only Ramco Systems is a pure product company but it is unable to make a big impact on global scenario.

Lot of multinational companies are shifting product development/research work to India.

Unfortunately including premier Institutions like IITs, Indian higher education is of poor quality. To improve the quality, now foreign universities are permitted to have campuses here. Most of these universities are going to concentrate on Post Graduate and Research areas only and will be regulated by Government of India.

Hopefully the scenario will change in the near future with more and more products emerging from Indian Market.

Recent study by Wharton business school also confirms my presumption.

What's Driving India's Rise as an R&D Hub? - Knowledge@Wharton

All the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back