• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Bus travel in Melbourne(Australia)

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sudeshwer

just to inform and share to my TB friends, in Melbourne(Australia) no one can travel by just entering into the bus and pay the charges. one should have a special Bus card( to the size of credit.debit cards), touch that card to a unit installed in the bus while boarding and again touch it while deboarding. the cost itself will cost you A$6.00. if y commute within a zone, charges r less but if cross and go to another zone, charges will increase - srinivasan

Dear Sudeshwar,

These cards are used in large metros such as New York also..This happened in October this year..I had been to NY first time..I boarded a bus ..I gave the driver the change..He refused & he asked me to use the metro (subway) card..I was not carrying that..I told him that..I thought he will drop me immediately..But the driver was kind enough..He forgo the $ 2.50 and he allowed me to travel..The other passengers may have not been amused by this...Probably they thought that I was using a trick to avoid a ticket..Anyway I thanked the driver for his generosity..Despite money in my pocket I could not use that

whenever we go to any foreign country , we must have a calling card for phoning, local sim, small local currency, cards

for buses, metros. prior copy of metro maps, rail ,bus routes add to convenience. knowing the local language, location

of indian eating places besides locating hotels at the center of town near railheads or airport is a great advantage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back