• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Browsing Bangalore!

Janaki Jambunathan

I am back in Bangalore after my Cataract surgery last year!

To reach Madras Central to board Mysur express (13.35) I left my house at OMR at 11.AM about 2&half hours earlier. Trying OLA ( தலைய பிச்சிண்டு) - none available - obviously busy or rush hour - Luckily a Ola booked after 15 minutes struggle - It was a Nano - No choice -

Surprisingly it was roomy 2 strolly stuffed neatly in the boot and other light hand luggages put on the front seat next to driver ok - huge leg room better than other bigger cars - I feel it should have replaced our unsafe Autos - but failed .What could be the reason? It was raining the driver ably navigated through water logged roads He maneuvered Nano like an autoriksha in small lanes by lines to avoid delays on OMR Thirvanmayur & signals(more than a dozen) and safely put me exactly in Central at 13.15!

This train is nothing new Old Brindavan express New Name extended to Mysur - C2 is almost at the tail end i.e We don't walk all along the platform .

Arrival at Banglore Cantt.. at 7 .50 late by 15 mts But to exit you have to walk along the platform - not easy for sr.citizen - There is no foot over bridge in Cantt. - that's a blessing , like Madras Central!

Out of station - nightmare to cross across the road to car park - so my son brought the Car across the road the no parking area and picked me up - the traffic Constable constantly whistling !

Reached home after an hour of driving in chaotic traffic!

In Madras I switch on my Volts manipulating the remote to comfortable temp. Here there is no need for AC in fact there is no AC in this house! Only fans that are manipulated by remote and I put that in stand by mode ! Good night 17-10 2019

Browsing again tomorrow!

huge leg room better than other bigger cars - I feel it should have replaced our unsafe Autos - but failed .What could be the reason?
Even TATA could not find out the reason and hence a good car for service to human has seen its fatal and hence closed the manufacturing itself. I used to think whenever I see two plus two in a two wheeler, the moto of TATA has failed that he felt to do this nano only after this kind of bike rider. The leg space surely one has to experience in nano and people believe only the outer outlook. This sometimes I feel, it is the reality; those who are good may not know to show.

happy bangalore browsing hereafter

Day 2 : Nothing to write home about. I got a new Samsung M30 since my Mi A is about 2years old and Amazon exchange offer looked attractive - It is easy to retrieve all data from Google back up from cloud but some apps require activation for security reasons- you may have problems there answering those question like what is the name of your neighbour's pet!

I got up at 7.30AM and G children were off to school already - Son and D in L are busy readying to go office by 8 AM.

10.00 AM I tried ola to go out - rush hour blues - Why call it rush hour when nothing seems to move ? - stayed back - watched TV! - Not very comfortable to look at a monstrous 4D screen couched on an inconvenient recliner! To get out of it with out help is a miracle - Next time I better pull out the chair from dining area to watch TV ! - or stick to my JioTV lying in bed!

Pl Take care in bangalore.

Dengue all over the place.

A relative of mine with suspected dengue could not get proper medical care in a good hospital since it was

weekend. Kept in emergency for two days upto monday . then taken to ICU put on ventilator with tube in

throat for breathing and drips.Now in coma

19 th Saturday: Week End Every body is tensed up No one is relaxing ! G daughter is exited about the jamboore organised by her school in Tumukur Her father dropping her at majestic bus station at 5.00AM with all advice to take care of herself - this is the first time she is going to be away overnight with her gang away from home!

G son is exited over his birthday party hosted at 6 PM

D in Law had to attend Teacher Parents meet at Kumaran School !

She has to finalize arrangements for the க்ரஹபிரவேசம் for a new flat at electronic city fixed on 30th - I have fixed Rajesh our ஆத்து வாத்தியார் from my Father's days! But caterers are hard to find!

I know Domlur like Kumbakonam was known for யானைக்கால் கொசு! JP Nager கொசு could be equally dangerous!

I have seen many birthday cakes and even baked for my sons' birthdays - This cake seem high tech - With image digitally printed on rice paper with permitted food colour and stuck on to the cake and decorated with icing This is new to me - This may not be available in all but a few Pastry shops !

Have a look . This picture shot on my new Samsung M30.

20191019_190034.jpg

I am back in Bangalore after my Cataract surgery last year!

To reach Madras Central to board Mysur express (13.35) I left my house at OMR at 11.AM about 2&half hours earlier. Trying OLA ( தலைய பிச்சிண்டு) - none available - obviously busy or rush hour - Luckily a Ola booked after 15 minutes struggle - It was a Nano - No choice -

Surprisingly it was roomy 2 strolly stuffed neatly in the boot and other light hand luggages put on the front seat next to driver ok - huge leg room better than other bigger cars - I feel it should have replaced our unsafe Autos - but failed .What could be the reason? It was raining the driver ably navigated through water logged roads He maneuvered Nano like an autoriksha in small lanes by lines to avoid delays on OMR Thirvanmayur & signals(more than a dozen) and safely put me exactly in Central at 13.15!

This train is nothing new Old Brindavan express New Name extended to Mysur - C2 is almost at the tail end i.e We don't walk all along the platform .

Arrival at Banglore Cantt.. at 7 .50 late by 15 mts But to exit you have to walk along the platform - not easy for sr.citizen - There is no foot over bridge in Cantt. - that's a blessing , like Madras Central!

Out of station - nightmare to cross across the road to car park - so my son brought the Car across the road the no parking area and picked me up - the traffic Constable constantly whistling !

Reached home after an hour of driving in chaotic traffic!

In Madras I switch on my Volts manipulating the remote to comfortable temp. Here there is no need for AC in fact there is no AC in this house! Only fans that are manipulated by remote and I put that in stand by mode ! Good night 17-10 2019

Browsing again tomorrow!
Was recently in Ahmedabad. Traffic was absolutely chaotic. Red lights are ignored with utmost impunity. When I pointed this out to my host, they said they too faced a lot of problems driving a car when they shifted to Ahmedabad. When my host applied the brakes at a red light, the car behind him narrowly escaped banging into my host's car. My host was pulled up for stopping suddenly, though the other car was a good 10 meters behind him. When my host stated the reason for stopping, the first query was whether he was new to the city. He was further advised to ignore red lights since compliance with traffic rules could lead to accidents, LOL.

Ahmedabad, fortunately, has both Ola and Uber including bike rides. My train from Ahmedabad to Varanasi was scheduled to leave at 8.45 P.M. I was staying about 8 kms away from the station. From 7.00 A.M. I was trying both Ola and Uber with no luck at all since there was a slight drizzling and roads were all jammed. Not even Prime Vehicles were available. At 7.45 P.M. I was getting desperate when my host suggested that I try an Ola bike. I had a small but heavy VIP suitcase of cabin baggage size. It was unthinkable to carry it in hand for a distance of 8 kms but there was no option. Fortunately, a Jupiter scooter turned up at 7.55 P.M. and the owner was kind enough to keep it in the front with his legs on either side. The driver, to whom I explained my predicament, whizzed like a madman through the traffic and I got inside the train with barely 5 minutes to spare.

20th Sunday Every body enjoying holiday including Sarada our maid - Breakfast managed with left over of yesterday party! No holiday for me - I took over Kitchen duties for lunch and dined out ! Drive to restraunt in Ciaz is OK but would have preferred Nano for leg room after my recent experience! Entry and exit much easier in Nano !

TaxShe by women for women available here - I have not sen on road yet!

21st Monday The stock market is closed ! Reason . Polling in Mumbai and & my son gets a day off in Bangalore!

22 Tuesday Review in Prabha Eye Clinic - 1 year after cataract surgery ! Everything OK - Glaucoma under control - drops reduced to twice daily!

Surprisingly Autos run on fare meter here - Fom home to clinic fare Rs 25. Unlike Madras no மீட்டர்க்கு மேல harassment!

Today is my son's birthday - I am going to Banasawadi temple to do an Archana for his குடும்ப ஷேமம். It raining - I feel பெங்குளுரு! Staying overnight in Lake Habitat next to Tamil Sangam My flat is rented out as service apartment I am staying with my brother in the same lake facing complex. I shot this from the balcony in my new Samsung in low light has come out well !

20191023_171931.jpg

20191023_190859.jpg

Ola vs uber - on search for ride to Banasawadi from my house ola Costs 460 (Maruti Swift) But it was only 300 by Uber booked by my son - Better to have both ola and uber Apps. downloaded - Compare the rates before confirming the ride - I have become wiser I have both now.

Shampoo Diwali! They avoid oil and the cooking is with Sunflower & Olive oil - No நல்லெண்ணெய் - I got a sachet of இதையம் for கங்காஸ்நானம் but forgot about மீரா சீக்கா ! கங்காஸ்நானம் with shampoo instead of சீக்கா !

Passing through my school Sacred Hearts makes me nostalgic - we were living Haudin Road - I used to cycle to my school in 15 mts with my gang of about 7 girls - we never carried lunch box - we cycled back home for lunch! - I used to go to SBI - next building - to make entries in pass book of my mother's account standing in that branch - Can anybody cycle around that area today ?

30 th - Grahapravesum done without பசு மாடு - Another novelty - Sastrigals don't carry hand fans (கை விசிறி) / ஊது குழல் but carry a small mechanical hand blower - unlike Hair dryer that needs electricity!

Browsing completed leaving by double decker - today (31) again a new experience -

Latest ads

Back