• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Brides for Prohits

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ramacchandran

I was travelling Tanjore and visited few houses of Prohits. Most of them of Vadama Sect. They are around 80 grooms in this group age from 22 to 35, all bachelors looking for brides. But no takers!

I contacted few brides and the sisters of the prohit themselves refuse to marry a prohit boy. The reason they say., we can not go to a movie or a restaurant, or he can wear a modern dress like Pant, Safare etc.,

He will not take food at home! claimed a girl who is 18. My father hardly takes lunch at home once a blue moon!

Ofcourse he is earning more than a software engineer and his services are needed in the society. But the Bramahchari prohits has no value except for vishnu elai and sradha. For marriage the clients prefers to have a grihastha prohit.

Is there any solution at sight?

I was travelling Tanjore and visited few houses of Prohits. Most of them of Vadama Sect. They are around 80 grooms in this group age from 22 to 35, all bachelors looking for brides. But no takers!

I contacted few brides and the sisters of the prohit themselves refuse to marry a prohit boy. The reason they say., we can not go to a movie or a restaurant, or he can wear a modern dress like Pant, Safare etc.,

He will not take food at home! claimed a girl who is 18. My father hardly takes lunch at home once a blue moon!

Ofcourse he is earning more than a software engineer and his services are needed in the society. But the Bramahchari prohits has no value except for vishnu elai and sradha. For marriage the clients prefers to have a grihastha prohit.

Is there any solution at sight?

Shri Kunjuppu had recently started a thread on how the Namboodiri priests in temples have now started marrying girls from orphanages.

In the TV show on this topic, the commentator added a new point; the Namboodiris are required to grant equal status to their sambandhi family and, if the boy marries a girl from some other caste, the in-laws and the near relatives - all of them - may have to be necessarilt invited for future functions in the boy's household and that will be very problematic. So, the elders from the community decided that such boys may marry orphaned girls. These girls will become Namboodiri girls of the same gotra as the husband's immediately on "paanigrahanam" and there will be no family for the girl :)

I only wish our Tabra community shows such "out of the box" thinking which satisfies the requirements of orthodoxy and also solves some otherwise intractable problems. May be you can suggest this to the Vadama purohits.

there is a thread 'how some namboori chekkans are solving their problems re finding a spouse' here in this very forum.

http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/general-discussions/7108-how-some-namboori-chekkans-solving-their-problems-re-finding-spouse.html

ofcourse the solution takes some guts and initiatives. the namboodri bachelors chose orphan girls, so that these can be moulded into the lifestyle required by their profession, without interference of in laws.

here is the indian article itself.

Going beyond the rulebook | Namboothiri priests | brides | The New Indian Express

we have repeatedly discussed the problems of not finding tambram girls. how come anybody who suggests solutions, like me, is called a self hating brahmin or brahmana dhuveshi, someone who does not wish the community well?

is one imagining that they can produce tambram girls out of thin air?

good luck to these boys. i see the option of following the path of their kerala co brethren..a viable one. there may be other alternatives, but i do not know them. those who do, are keeping it to themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back