• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

BRIDES FOR BRAHMIN BOYS

k_srini66

Recently i see the trend that many boys who are of middle class are not getting brahmin girls for marriage and hence they become aged, after which they prefer any girl for marriage, irrespective of the caste to settle their life and to fulfil their parents wishes.
The requirements of the girls are also very high due to the various changes in society where they are more educated and respect their career and does not want to get married.
At least in my circle i have 4 or 5 guys still unmarried and are in the age group of 35 to 40 (Iyers / Iyengars) who are notable toget a middle class girl either of the same age or divorced or a widow.Its a very pathetic situation, i would say. As i find that thisproblem is not there in other castes.
The result would be ourcaste will diminish in the future and secondly the frustrated guys leave the tradition,after marrying other caste girls.
My only worry is that can we dovsomething about it.

Although a lot of people would give varying views on this, I believe it is just a cycle.. the girl boy ratio has just decreased against the boys and we are suffering. It might be incorrect to assume that our caste may be in great danger. Do take a minute to look at the penetration of technology into our practices and the number of online sandhai classes that have mushroomed. God has a solution for everything, we just have to believe.

but yes, I too am a 40 year old unmarried brahmin who has advertised on shaadi.com that caste is no bar for the girl.

Although a lot of people would give varying views on this, I believe it is just a cycle.. the girl boy ratio has just decreased against the boys and we are suffering. It might be incorrect to assume that our caste may be in great danger. Do take a minute to look at the penetration of technology into our practices and the number of online sandhai classes that have mushroomed. God has a solution for everything, we just have to believe.

but yes, I too am a 40 year old unmarried brahmin who has advertised on shaadi.com that caste is no bar for the girl.

After reading previous message, still our assumption is incorrect.
The parents after completion of marriages of their children => "Our caste is not in great danger"
The parents who could not get their children married => "Our caste is in great danger"

The parents are only responsible for this status. The parents whose priorities were money and luxury failed
to educate their children of our good traditional values. We expect fruit vendors' expertise to select fruits while purchasing but we simply disown our responsibility of convincing our children for timely marriage and importance of good alliance than money/

Latest ads

Back