• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Brahmins deserve an entry in to Guinness Book of Records -Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
19. J for Japa: When one does Gayathri Japa everyday day one doesn’t stop praying for oneself only. The mantra says ‘we’ ,’us’ ( Na: ). So we pray for all the humanity. That is why Kings of ancient days always funded the Brahmins. Who else in the world pray for ‘us’ in plural in any part of the world in their daily prayers? Don’t we deserve a place in Book of Records?

20. K for “Kayena vacha manasendhriyair ------Narayanaethi Samarppayaami”: Bank Clerks count millions of rupees every day, jewellery shop assistant sells very expensive gems and gold every day, sari shop lady assistant displays expensive silk saris everyday but all these people know that the goods are not theirs. Whatever we do or enjoy in this world is not ours. So we dedicate everything to the God at the end of all our ceremonies including Sandhyavandhan. The mantra ‘Kayena vacha’ reminds us this every day. Nothing is mine and nothing is done by me. If we develop this attitude there won’t be any worries. Who teaches us on day to day basis?

21.K for “Kamo Karsheet manyura karsheen namo nama:”: Watch any crime film or read any crime story in the newspapers. They were all based on two things: Kama/desire-greed and manyur-anger. We are reminded of this every day by this mantra. (The meaning of the mantra is-The sins generated through desire and anger from ignorance may please be forgiven”). If one sheds these two vices, one becomes God. Aim High is the teaching of Sandhyavandhan. Who does it every day other than Brahmins? Don’t they deserve a place in the Book of Records?

22. L for Language: When we do Sandhyavandanam every day we use Sanskrit like Christians use Latin in Catholic churches and Muslims use Arabic in mosques. But my teacher told me Sanskrit is the only language in the world which was not named after an ethnic group. That means it belongs to the entire humanity. It is the language of the Gods-Deva Bhasha. We have been using the same Vedic recitation for more than 3500 years without a break. I also thought the person who called Sanskrit a ‘dead language’ must be an idiot. Hindu priests use it every day in the prayers like Latin is used by the Pope. For this language reason alone we must get an entry in to the Book of Records.

23. Living Fossil: Brahmins are like living fossils. Jurassic Park of Michael Crichton created a lot of interest in Dinosaurs when Steven Spielberg made a film on it. The reason was people thought one day we can produce even Dinosaurs from the plant resin which contains the gene of a dinosaur. Brahmins who preserve the ancient heritage - The Vedas- are like the plant resin and they may create wonders one day. Kanchi Mahaswamikal said in one of his speeches that Brahmins must preserve this rituals even if they don’t understand the full meaning of it. One day an Adi Shankara may come again and spread our name and fame far and wide.

[
20. K for “Kayena vacha manasendhriyair ------Narayanaethi Samarppayaami”: Bank Clerks count millions of rupees every day, jewellery shop assistant sells very expensive gems and gold every day, sari shop lady assistant displays expensive silk saris everyday but all these people know that the goods are not theirs. Whatever we do or enjoy in this world is not ours. So we dedicate everything to the God at the end of all our ceremonies including Sandhyavandhan. The mantra ‘Kayena vacha’ reminds us this every day. Nothing is mine and nothing is done by me. If we develop this attitude there won’t be any worries. Who teaches us on day to day basis?

This sloka states unambiguously that "I deliver, consign..." (samarppayaami). Hence there is clear cognition of the fact that "I am consigning, delivering, all those which I have done (karOmi yad yad) with my body (kaayena), by words/utterances (vaachaa), by mind (manasaa), by organs (indriyaiH), by intellect (buddhyaa), by soul/aatmaa (aatmanaa), by my inborn nature (prakrute svabhaavaat). Hence, this is a pseudo selflessness or alternatively, an insurance against untoward consequences - what if some unwanted acts have been done through one or the other of these 7 agancies? Why should I the brahmin pay for those sins, let the "vaayillaappoocci" naarayaNa bear those consequences, is the underlying intention. And, as if to substantiate this, a little water is poured on to the right palm and it is poured down in a symbolic manner.

Hence, the iteration through this verse emphasizes that whatever was done was by me, instead of saying "all this was due to your grace".
So, one step below Guinness - no credit for 'K'.

21.K for “Kamo Karsheet manyura karsheen namo nama:”: Watch any crime film or read any crime story in the newspapers. They were all based on two things: Kama/desire-greed and manyur-anger. We are reminded of this every day by this mantra. (The meaning of the mantra is-The sins generated through desire and anger from ignorance may please be forgiven”). If one sheds these two vices, one becomes God. Aim High is the teaching of Sandhyavandhan. Who does it every day other than Brahmins? Don’t they deserve a place in the Book of Records?

It is kaamaH akaarsheet manyuH akaarsheet, meaning — 'lust attracted, anger attracted'. There is no reference at all to the forgiving aspect, or shedding the two aspects, only iteration, ad infinitum (or 1008 times on aavani avittam day!). Hence all the conclusions you draw viz., "If one sheds these two vices, one becomes God. Aim High is the teaching of Sandhyavandhan. Who does it every day other than Brahmins? Don’t they deserve a place in the Book of Records?" are all unwarranted.

So, the credit for "K" goes down by two notches, imo.

Reference Sangom's post #2:

This sloka states unambiguously that "I deliver, consign..." (samarppayaami). Hence there is clear cognition of the fact that "I am consigning, delivering, all those which I have done (karOmi yad yad) with my body (kaayena), by words/utterances (vaachaa), by mind (manasaa), by organs (indriyaiH), by intellect (buddhyaa), by soul/aatmaa (aatmanaa), by my inborn nature (prakrute svabhaavaat). Hence, this is a pseudo selflessness or alternatively, an insurance against untoward consequences - what if some unwanted acts have been done through one or the other of these 7 agancies? Why should I the brahmin pay for those sins, let the "vaayillaappoocci" naarayaNa bear those consequences, is the underlying intention. And, as if to substantiate this, a little water is poured on to the right palm and it is poured down in a symbolic manner.

So what? Brahmins also say as part of the Satvika thyagam before doing any karma this,

பகவாநேவ ஸ்வநியாம்ய ஸ்வரூப ஸ்திதி பிரவ்ருத்தி ஸ்வசேஷதைகர ஸேந அனேன ஆத்மனா கர்த்ரா ச்வகீயைச்சோபகரணை ஸ்வாராதனைக பிரயோஜனாய பரம புருஷ சர்வ ஸே ஷீ ஸ்வஸேஷ பூதமிதம் ........கர்ம ஸ்வஸ்மை ஸ்வப்ரீதயே ஸ்வயமேவ காரயதி.

and a similar one with some change(replacing காரயதி with காரிதவான்) after the karma to confirm that what they did is what God utilised them as an instrument to get it done.

Even after doing the pooja/ஆராதனா to God they say this:

உபசாராபதேசேன க்ருதான் அஹரஹர் மயா
அபசாரான் இமான் ஸர்வான் க்ஷமஸ்வ புருஷோத்தம

meaning "all that I did thinking that it is a upacharam as it occurred to me may be just apacharam and please forgive me for all that."

So credit for K certainly goes up by three notches to the glorious brahmins. Certainly not one step below Guinness!!

Cheers.

Reference Sangom's post #2:

So what? Brahmins also say as part of the Satvika thyagam before doing any karma this,

பகவாநேவ ஸ்வநியாம்ய ஸ்வரூப ஸ்திதி பிரவ்ருத்தி ஸ்வசேஷதைகர ஸேந அனேன ஆத்மனா கர்த்ரா ச்வகீயைச்சோபகரணை ஸ்வாராதனைக பிரயோஜனாய பரம புருஷ சர்வ ஸே ஷீ ஸ்வஸேஷ பூதமிதம் ........கர்ம ஸ்வஸ்மை ஸ்வப்ரீதயே ஸ்வயமேவ காரயதி.

and a similar one with some change(replacing காரயதி with காரிதவான்) after the karma to confirm that what they did is what God utilised them as an instrument to get it done.

Even after doing the pooja/ஆராதனா to God they say this:

உபசாராபதேசேன க்ருதான் அஹரஹர் மயா
அபசாரான் இமான் ஸர்வான் க்ஷமஸ்வ புருஷோத்தம

meaning "all that I did thinking that it is a upacharam as it occurred to me may be just apacharam and please forgive me for all that."

So credit for K certainly goes up by three notches to the glorious brahmins. Certainly not one step below Guinness!!

Cheers.

I have not heard any smarta reciting the above verses, nor any book on smarta aahnikam giving these. May be these are said by vaishnavas only.

So, a good % of brahmins is out I feel. I request knowledgeable members to correct me if I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back