• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Brahmin hatred- not so latent

Status
Not open for further replies.
chandru's post #66

dear chandru,

it takes a certain mind money populationnumbers to make it in politics. you need atleast two of three i think. we tambrams dont have as a group, none of the three. i think so.

what is your gripe? is it quotas. quotas are here to stay for a long time. most tambrams have taken it off their calculation while planning for their future. the govt jobs which they dominated and the govt colleges are no more.

we have moved on. the other side of the quota, is that many many groups close to subsistence have come up. it is good for the society and country as a whole. the quota is a successful example of social engineering, though tambrams might have had to pay a price.

but we have all prospered haven't we? when i was young, i used to know poor tambram families personally..in fact mine own was close to lower than middle class. now i dont know of even one. i ask my relatives. they all say, that even the applam mami's son is in singapore, in IT and sending her 10,000 inr a month and she no longer comes to 'help out'.

so pls explain specific gripes. and we can may be put our combined head together and help each other resolve some of our hangups.

barring discussing quotas ofcourse. we have no recourse but to accept it.

the dis unity in Brahmin community is the cause for the down we have the so called literate in brahmin who are egoistic and give their own versin for brhmaniyam.

we have our foreign phobia amongst our literate brahmin.
I have seen when two brahmins chant rudram both are not in agreement with each other on the proceadural matters.

yet there are few devoted brahmins who are revered

The following incidents will show why brahmins are hated even by brahmin

1. Orthodox brahmin even refused to perfor rituals at the time of death of mother of Adi Shankara at Kaladi

2. Dnyaneshwar Dnyaneshwari ws not acceptedby fanatic brahmins and he ws outcasted.

3. Many brahmins from tanjavoore were migrated to palakad thiinking they are separte ythemsel

soo we dont have a reason to grive we have built of own grave

sathyan

dear chandru,

it takes a certain mind money populationnumbers to make it in politics. you need atleast two of three i think. we tambrams dont have as a group, none of the three. i think so.

what is your gripe? is it quotas. quotas are here to stay for a long time. most tambrams have taken it off their calculation while planning for their future. the govt jobs which they dominated and the govt colleges are no more.

we have moved on. the other side of the quota, is that many many groups close to subsistence have come up. it is good for the society and country as a whole. the quota is a successful example of social engineering, though tambrams might have had to pay a price.

but we have all prospered haven't we? when i was young, i used to know poor tambram families personally..in fact mine own was close to lower than middle class. now i dont know of even one. i ask my relatives. they all say, that even the applam mami's son is in singapore, in IT and sending her 10,000 inr a month and she no longer comes to 'help out'.

so pls explain specific gripes. and we can may be put our combined head together and help each other resolve some of our hangups.

I replied to Mr Nachinarkiniyan's statement. He blamed Vadamas were preferred in the
earlier years by Industrialists. I questioned the validity of his accusation. He probably
might have misunderstood that Brahmins will help only Brahmins. In order to prove it
is wrong, I mentioned Jayalalitha's cavalier act of increasing the quota percentage.

I don't agree that all Brahmins in Tamil Nadu have prospered, as you said. You are taking into
account the those who work in MNCs. So many Brahmins are working in small companies.
Vedic Pandits are definitely struggling. You can see it in South Mada Street in Mylapore
daily. Lot of retired people worked in small companies are coming as second or third brahmin
in ceremonies.

Lot of Brahmin ladies are assisting in cooking.

Therefore, the need of the hour is a comprehensive data of small and marginal brahmins
in Tamil Nadu, in order to form a corpus fund to help them. We can help them only by this,
instead of putting 'chamcha' to Jayalilatha.

the dis unity in Brahmin community is the cause for the down we have the so called literate in brahmin who are egoistic and give their own versin for brhmaniyam.

we have our foreign phobia amongst our literate brahmin.
I have seen when two brahmins chant rudram both are not in agreement with each other on the proceadural matters.

yet there are few devoted brahmins who are revered

The following incidents will show why brahmins are hated even by brahmin

1. Orthodox brahmin even refused to perfor rituals at the time of death of mother of Adi Shankara at Kaladi

2. Dnyaneshwar Dnyaneshwari ws not acceptedby fanatic brahmins and he ws outcasted.

3. Many brahmins from tanjavoore were migrated to palakad thiinking they are separte ythemsel

soo we dont have a reason to grive we have built of own grave

sathyan

pray can you please detail what do you mean by the 'downfall' of the brahmins?

let us only talk of tamil brahmins here please. thank you.

dear chandru,

it does not require any special mind or too much money to make it in politics as AAP has shown recently in delhi
how much of tambrahm population is left in TN I dont know .can someone enlighten
grinning and accepting discrimination and finding exit route from TN is one option brahmins took. Accept being kept out of govt engg , medical colleges . and govt jobs and saying quota is good social engg is the escapist route. It would have fine if poor brahmins had been given quota like others . why not. ?.why did no one fight for it other ideas -1.Opening engg and medical colleges with preferential seats for brahmins can be opened by mutts,charitable institutions and brahmin industrialists.2 brahmin industrialists can provide training and skilled jobs to poor brahmins along with others3..poor brahmin ladies can be helped to form self help groups to start small businesses and get them preferential loans from banks
4A few NGOs can be started by influential brahmins to arrange educational and job oppurtunities for women .
5grant marriage loans to women with interest remissions to help them
I can give as many ideas as you want me to give
who will come forward and to help on the above

Last edited:
it does not require any special mind or too much money to make it in politics as AAP has shown recently in delhi
how much of tambrahm population is left in TN I dont know .can someone enlighten
grinning and accepting discrimination and finding exit route from TN is one option brahmins took. Accept being kept out of govt engg , medical colleges . and govt jobs and saying quota is good social engg is the escapist route. It would have fine if poor brahmins had been given quota like others . why not. ?.why did no one fight for it other ideas -1.Opening engg and medical colleges with preferential seats for brahmins can be opened by mutts,charitable institutions and brahmin industrialists.2 brahmin industrialists can provide training and skilled jobs to poor brahmins along with others3..poor brahmin ladies can be helped to form self help groups to start small businesses and get them preferential loans from banks
4A few NGOs can be started by influential brahmins to arrange educational and job oppurtunities for women .
5grant marriage loans to women with interest remissions to help them
I can give as many ideas as you want me to give
who will come forward and to help on the above

this is the reality krish. unless the community as a whole like 90% plus is impacted, i think, it is difficult to get a movement going. the truth is that most of us are well off enough to manage our own affairs. that takes all our time and effort.

and to show something in another light, look at the hopelessness of the cobbler, the waste paper gatherer in the street, and others traditionally had no opportunity for education. the quotas and govt subsidies have given them hope and inspite of the tambram community being excluded from it, the program is universally considered progressive.

and it is going to stay that way. no point making a big fuss over it and quotas is not a rallying point for tambrams. a few poor tambrams might be impacted, but we do have several self help groups and charities among us i believe. for education the banks give loans. and the charity i am associated with, spends most of its money nowadays for medical expenses for the indigent elderly.

we can come up with a lot of causes list, but even here in this forum, when there was an appeal for student loan, i reciprocated, and there was no further contact or reply from the 'applicant'. which gives me reason to hope, happily though, that our tambrams, as a whole, are doing pretty ok. may not all be lakhiers, but sufficient enough to take care of their needs with the skillsets they have. most of them anyway. i do not have any statistics to prove it though.

the nadars of old, the current day vanniars all have large numbers. nadars prospered through unity and hard work. only now the quota has come to help them be doctors and engineers. it was self help all along with the nadar dev bank, pooling nadar funds, and helping start small businesses which have blossomed into huge enterprises now.

unfortunately the vanniars could not repeat the same, due to lack of honest leadership.

everybody agrees about dalits needing help. but even have no good leadership and are widely fragmented, which may be surprise to us (it was to me when i found out about their own stratifications).

under any circumstances, i dont think, as a community we justify in seeking subsidies or share of quotas from government. that is my view. probably a vote of one or two at the most, in this forum.

Last edited:
this is the reality krish. unless the community as a whole like 90% plus is impacted, i think, it is difficult to get a movement going. the truth is that most of us are well off enough to manage our own affairs. that takes all our time and effort.

and to show something in another light, look at the hopelessness of the cobbler, the waste paper gatherer in the street, and others traditionally had no opportunity for education. the quotas and govt subsidies have given them hope and inspite of the tambram community being excluded from it, the program is universally considered progressive.

and it is going to stay that way. no point making a big fuss over it and quotas is not a rallying point for tambrams. a few poor tambrams might be impacted, but we do have several self help groups and charities among us i believe. for education the banks give loans. and the charity i am associated with, spends most of its money nowadays for medical expenses for the indigent elderly.

we can come up with a lot of causes list, but even here in this forum, when there was an appeal for student loan, i reciprocated, and there was no further contact or reply from the 'applicant'. which gives me reason to hope, happily though, that our tambrams, as a whole, are doing pretty ok. may not all be lakhiers, but sufficient enough to take care of their needs with the skillsets they have. most of them anyway. i do not have any statistics to prove it though.

the nadars of old, the current day vanniars all have large numbers. nadars prospered through unity and hard work. only now the quota has come to help them be doctors and engineers. it was self help all along with the nadar dev bank, pooling nadar funds, and helping start small businesses which have blossomed into huge enterprises now.

unfortunately the vanniars could not repeat the same, due to lack of honest leadership.

everybody agrees about dalits needing help. but even have no good leadership and are widely fragmented, which may be surprise to us (it was to me when i found out about their own stratifications).

under any circumstances, i dont think, as a community we justify in seeking subsidies or share of quotas from government. that is my view. probably a vote of one or two at the most, in this forum.
k saheb
you take extreme cases of cobblers .waste paper gatherer having no oppurtunity and quotas opening the way for them
As for intermediate castes enjoying reservations ,they are 2nd generation learners. most of them get grades only 1-2 percent less than forward castes. they seem to be enjoying the benifits of reservations.at the cost of forward castes.same for govt jobs where brahmins are shut out. In case of most backward s there may be a case.BC reservations requires revisiting . Due to political compulsions such a thing will not take place due to their large numbers and political clout
my contention is brahmins lack the will to do anything to improve their lot . You in your individual capacity may be helping in medical expenses for the elderly or contributing to student loans.On a macro level ,it is not money alone . They require people specially with a local presence in TN to reach out to them. of course indians abroad can throw dollars into such agencies so that help reaches a large sections of left over TBs . The money and effort should force them into become employable work force. with upgraded skills.I have a hope.brahmins will join hands with totally marginalised sections like middle class,youth and women did with the slum dwellers in delhi to produce a new order where identity politics ended and a better political order was born . It will happen in tamil nadu . I do not know.it may not in our lifetime

It's a pity again Brahmins cannot coexist...Always bash eachother losing out...
Look at the Mutts and other socio organisations if needed they could have overcome the Reservation policy by doing needful with a quota system but again FEAR and non chalent shallow fights nothing happens
So is better for TB to fend for himself as Kunjuppu sir and many other seniors have metioned in the older posts.
So leave all the talks behind and move ahead ...

dear ashwin,think so you heard this word first time.we got fed up .everything because of jealous .Inspite of all these acquisitions ,brahmins are exiciling in all the fields.for example jj itself.even though she is adament in certain aspects,she always keep terror to karunanidhi,veeramani ect.famous saying in tamil porttuvar porttaum,thurttuvar thurrattum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back