• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Bombay jayashree

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CHANDRU1849

Bombay Jayashree is the most sought after female Carnatic Vocalist
now. Wherever she performs, tickets are sold out in advance. I attended
her concert in Music Academy yesterday.

There are no personal details about Bombay Jayashree available, except
that she was the disciple of late Lalgudi Jayaraman. I think she belongs to
Iyer community but, as usual, sub-sect is not available in Wikipedia.

Can any member be in a position to tell?

i dont know whether going after this type of information is an initial step to stalking.

one starts with curiosity touching nosiness. then it comes to knowing J's age, husband's na,e details of children their age sex and marital status, then her jadhagam, where she lives, what she eats, what saris she wears and what she looks good in.

did we care the same about who madurai mani's wife or mother's name and such personal details? or ramnad krishnans?
\
is it because J is a woman. and a beautiful one at that? should that type of curiosity be fed and nurtured in a forum like this? is this some type of perversion at play? i am very disturbed by this trend towards stalking at female celebrities and am scared for them.

Music is to listen and enjoy, if possible! Is it necessary to probe into the artist's life and other details? :spy:

But, I am sorry to find that even M S Amma is NOT spared in our forum! :dizzy:

i dont know whether going after this type of information is an initial step to stalking.

one starts with curiosity touching nosiness. then it comes to knowing J's age, husband's na,e details of children their age sex and marital status, then her jadhagam, where she lives, what she eats, what saris she wears and what she looks good in.

did we care the same about who madurai mani's wife or mother's name and such personal details? or ramnad krishnans?
\
is it because J is a woman. and a beautiful one at that? should that type of curiosity be fed and nurtured in a forum like this? is this some type of perversion at play? i am very disturbed by this trend towards stalking at female celebrities and am scared for them.
K years in the west have made you sensitive to privacy of individuals. stalking is not for female celebrities alone,male actors also face similar things. It is just curiosity about the famous and others exposed to public. When one of the Tamil actors my distant relative landed at my niece's wedding in delhi ,our catering contracter and workers wanted to be introduced to him and all spent quite a bit of time with him ignoring other guests .

\

Your reply is not proper. This is not the first time I have asked about sub-sect details.

Sometime back, I have mentioned about 20 popular Iyers, seeking sub-sect details,
of which 95% belongs to male category. Unfortunately, it was not published. I attempted
two times.

Bombay Jayashree is one the popular carnatic singers and she attracts very huge crowd
in all her concerts.

What is the harm in knowing the sub-sect details of Bombay Jayashree?

I seems that you have a tendency of looking at women in terms of physical features only.

I know the sub-sect of late Madurai Mani Iyer and don't want to know about Ramnad
Krishnan, as, I think, he belongs to Iyengar Community.

The purpose of knowing the sub-sect details is to know how the various Iyer sub-sects
perform. I don't think any harm in it.

Many of the matrimonial ads still give importance to sub-sects.

Yesterday I attended a concert of upcoming vocalist.

To everyone's surprise, Bombay Jayashree entered the hall and sat with other rasikas,
which was reasonably well attended, since almost all Sabhas have completed the
engagements. Despite the incharge of hall requested Bombay Jayashree to sit in the
front row, she politely refused.

The vocalist presented a reasonably good concert.

I do not think it is right to know a person's personal history. But is it not in vogue every where now to write a short biography of celebrities and well known persons because they are public figures(?) which might inspire some. The gentleman should collect more information and feed that in wikipedia to kill the quest.

I know the sub-sect of late Madurai Mani Iyer and don't want to know about Ramnad
Krishnan, as, I think, he belongs to Iyengar Community.

The purpose of knowing the sub-sect details is to know how the various Iyer sub-sects
perform. I don't think any harm in it.

Dear Chandru ji,

Why divide and rule Iyer, Iyengar etc..I have noted that you seem not tooooooo fond of Iyengars!LOL

In Forum we have 2 prominent nice Iyengars..one current practicing Iyengar and one not practicing Iyengar and one of them is the Best looking Guy in forum! Want to get to know them better..check out reverse wired nostril thread.

So you see just enjoy music no matter who its comes from...aint matters if its from Iyer or Iyengar of any Kalai!

Last edited:
There are no personal details about Bombay Jayashree available, except
that she was the disciple of late Lalgudi Jayaraman. I think she belongs to
Iyer community but, as usual, sub-sect is not available in Wikipedia.

Can any member be in a position to tell?

She has to belong to the Iyer community since her father's name is N.N Subramaniam..I surely do not expect an Iyengar to be named Subramaniam..BTW I hope she considers changing her name to Mumbai Jayashree as the word Bombay is not to the liking of any Maharasthrian.

BTW I also wonder why South Indian movies stars or singers do not use their full name..why cant they use full names instead of just being known by their first names..in the North right now..besides actor/singer Neil Nitin Mukesh who is using only all 1st names of his ancestors and not his family name/surname..the rest of the stars use their full name.

Dear Renu,

Have you not heard of Smt. Sudha Raghunathan, Smt. Aruna Sairam, Smt. Gayathri Venkataraghavan and Sri. Sanjay Subrahmanyan?

So, not all the artists use the first name alone! :)

1. cannot compare classical carnatic artists to other bolly-holly wood actors. i agree with few comments everything about the artists especially at a personal level should be known

2. If u r a female u will have natural attraction to the sex as per ur sexual orientation. but again extrapolating that to knowing if she is iyer or iyengar is mathematically wrong! logically right!

3. wiki should give a lot about such a world ( global or glocal!!!) famous artist!!

Dear Renu,

Have you not heard of Smt. Sudha Raghunathan, Smt. Aruna Sairam, Smt. Gayathri Venkataraghavan and Sri. Sanjay Subrahmanyan?

So, not all the artists use the first name alone! :)

Dear RR ji,

I have heard of Sanjay Subramaniam but the rest I have not heard of cos as you know I am no big fan of Carnatic music(it makes me sleepy!LOL)..But somehow when Prince Rama Varma sings I seem glued to the You Tube screen!LOL

I guess there is a lot of difference when a person sings becos of love for music and not as a source of income.

Dear Chandru ji,

Why divide and rule Iyer, Iyengar etc..I have noted that you seem not tooooooo fond of Iyengars!LOL

In Forum we have 2 prominent nice Iyengars..one current practicing Iyengar and one not practicing Iyengar and one of them is the Best looking Guy in forum! Want to get to know them better..check out reverse wired nostril thread.

So you see just enjoy music no matter who its comes from...aint matters if its from Iyer or Iyengar of any Kalai!

Being an Iyer, I am interested only in Iyer sub-sects. Why should I evince interest about
Iyengars? Since the gentleman who replied dragged the name of Ramnad Krishnan, I replied.

Finally, I have lot of Iyengar friends.

Being an Iyer, I am interested only in Iyer sub-sects. Why should I evince interest about
Iyengars?

Dear Sir,

What is so wrong being interested in anyone from any community?

I am not even a TB and I hang out here and also hang out in other Forums of the Non TB kind.

Its nice to widen our horizons to know about everyone that walks this world..If there was an Alien Forum I wont mind joining too!LOL

SeoAlienAvatarTwitter.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back