• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

bit confused

If you are a Tamil Brahmin refer Tamil calendars of respective years nowadays available online and see the same month and thithi this year panchangam srartha thithi and perform. (Accordingly the thithi of your mother is Thai Krishna paksha Dasami and of your father is masi sukla baksha navami) If you are not a Tamil Brahmin the month will be different and I hope that is why you got confused. For other than Tamil Brahmins the months will be different as they have adhik month once in two and half years. So it is better you got clarified with your sastrigal who is regularly doing srardham. This year date will be given after the answers only.

If you are a Tamil Brahmin refer Tamil calendars of respective years nowadays available online and see the same month and thithi this year panchangam srartha thithi and perform. (Accordingly the thithi of your mother is Thai Krishna paksha Dasami and of your father is masi sukla baksha navami) If you are not a Tamil Brahmin the month will be different and I hope that is why you got confused. For other than Tamil Brahmins the months will be different as they have adhik month once in two and half years. So it is better you got clarified with your sastrigal who is regularly doing srardham. This year date will be given after the answers only.
yes , i am a Tamil brahmin, i was doing it for more than 10 years with a sasthri, the same sathri was not available this time, so i called another sasthri, he asked me the details of my parents and calculated and said my father thidhi and paksham was wrong and said you was doing it with wrong paksham with wrong thidhi, then i tried to contact him but not picking up the call, that is why to clear the confusion i requested help in this forum. so the input details i have given of my father and mother were correct, request someone to tell when i should perform sratham for this year2024 for my parents. i have moved from bangalore to tamilnadu recently. previously i was doing in father's Paksham as krishnapaksham and thidhi as panchami thidhi. kindly help.

yes , i am a Tamil brahmin, i was doing it for more than 10 years with a sasthri, the same sathri was not available this time, so i called another sasthri, he asked me the details of my parents and calculated and said my father thidhi and paksham was wrong and said you was doing it with wrong paksham with wrong thidhi, then i tried to contact him but not picking up the call, that is why to clear the confusion i requested help in this forum. so the input details i have given of my father and mother were correct, request someone to tell when i should perform sratham for this year2024 for my parents. i have moved from bangalore to tamilnadu recently. previously i was doing in father's Paksham as krishnapaksham and thidhi as panchami thidhi. kindly help.
As per your input dates Feb 4 is of your mother and Feb 17th is if your father. (As sastrigal told you please re check for your father because the date you have given is not matched with panchami and Krishna paksham.

My mother Died on Feb 8th 2010, Time =3.01 AM, Place =Chennai, when should i perform sradham this year
My father died on March 2nd 1993, time= 1pm, place =Chennai, when should i perform sradham this year
please reply as soon as possible and if possible can someone explain how to calculate
My mother Died on Feb 8th 2010, Time =3.01 AM, Place =Chennai, when should i perform sradham this year
My father died on March 2nd 1993, time= 1pm, place =Chennai, when should i perform sradham this year
please reply as soon as possible and if possible can someone explain how to calculate
Your mother - 08.02.2010 - 3.01 am. Virodhi - Thai 26 - Monday - Krishna Patcham Dasami thithi (upto 7.46pm) This year 05.02.24 - Thai 22.
Your father - 02.03.1993 - 1pm. Aangeerasa - Masi 19 - Tuesday - Suklapatcha Navami (from 9.18am) This year 18.02.24 - Masi 06 ( Navami upto12.37noon)
Vaazhga Valatthudan. Ramaswami Rengaswami

First: Finding out the Paksham and Thithi at the time of death. PLACE OF DEATH MOST IMPORTANT to see the Thithi at that place. It is very important and permanent record. This you can trace it from Tamil Calender online. But please take 3 days details. Previous day, death date, and the next date. Take print outs from Tamil Calender. This you have to do individually for father and mother.
Unnecessarily your Sastrigal not available is meaningless and not very important. If the cook not arrived we either cook ourselves or go to hotel and don't keep crying.
Keep this information safely in a file. Then do you know their ancestors of father's and mother's names. That too to be kept for family future.
Meet a Sastrigal and just give this information of date of death and find out the Paksham and Thithi for each. Please don't talk வளவளா கொழகொழா with the present Sastrigal. Just when is the Thithi and get it in writing from him in English Date for performance and Tamil dates for your knowledge. With Paksham and Thithi.
Past is past don't discuss and go on telling in TV and Radio.
We should see to do things correctly from now. Even in Sastras ignorance is accepted. So don't curse anyone.
Even if you live in a state other than Tamilnadu you please go to any temple and meet the pandit hindi, gujarathi or marathi. They will give details. But place of death important.
If you meet a Sastrigal he will note it down and every year he will remind you before hand.
But this information you are keeping will help you to perform wherever you are in the world.

Your mother - 08.02.2010 - 3.01 am. Virodhi - Thai 26 - Monday - Krishna Patcham Dasami thithi (upto 7.46pm) This year 05.02.24 - Thai 22.
Your father - 02.03.1993 - 1pm. Aangeerasa - Masi 19 - Tuesday - Suklapatcha Navami (from 9.18am) This year 18.02.24 - Masi 06 ( Navami upto12.37noon)
Vaazhga Valatthudan. Ramaswami Rengaswami
It is very much necessary to specify thithi in the Tamil month after amavasai or pournami. My Sastrigal keep a big diary and each year he transfers information to new dairy. He calls me and remind me. At times I go to his place and talk to him. If he is not available his brother or another will come to do it. But unfortunately my father's and his mother's are same thithi. So as they are Sastrigal they do it in full way. But then we have to do it short.
So more than கோயில் இல்லா ஊரில் குடி இருக்க வேண்டாம், மாறிப்போய் சாஸ்திரிகள் இல்லா ஊரில் குடி இருக்க வேண்டாம் என்று ஆகி விட்டது.

It is very much necessary to specify thithi in the Tamil month after amavasai or pournami. My Sastrigal keep a big diary and each year he transfers information to new dairy. He calls me and remind me. At times I go to his place and talk to him. If he is not available his brother or another will come to do it. But unfortunately my father's and his mother's are same thithi. So as they are Sastrigal they do it in full way. But then we have to do it short.
So more than கோயில் இல்லா ஊரில் குடி இருக்க வேண்டாம், மாறிப்போய் சாஸ்திரிகள் இல்லா ஊரில் குடி இருக்க வேண்டாம் என்று ஆகி விட்டது.
Where are you living I can help you 9845128400 call me🤙

Latest ads

Back