• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Bhimarathasanthi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear all,

My Namaskarams.

Me and my husband would like to perform my father-in-law's BhimarathaSanthi in 2011. We had not done his Sashiabdhapoorthi due to some problems during that time. In 2011, he will be completing 70 years.

Since my brother-in-law is not yet married, we felt it would be best to perform some homams and not celebrate like a marriage along with my mother-in-law. Is this alright?

Also, we are living outside India and it may not be possible for us to be in Chennai exactly on the day (tamil month and nakshatra) my FIL turns 70. Which is the next best day this could be performed? Can we follow thithi or celebrate on the following month's nakshatram?

Where can we perform this? Our house in Chennai may be too small just for our close relatives. Also we do not want to arrange a wedding hall as it may become too expensive and extravagant. I also want our family to get the full benefit of performing the homams. Please suggest some suitable alternatives.

I look forward to your learned advice.

Thank you.

Indeed you are Gifted to Celebrate Bhimarathasanthi to your mamanar and mamiyar.

Actually Functions like this (Aayush Homams,Sashtibthapoorthi,Bhimarathasanthi,and Sadabhishegams) will be very auspicious if it is Celebrated in Thirukadayur Temple. This temple is equally closer to Sirkazi and Karaikal.

Mayiladuthurai is also near in about 20 kms reach.

If you are not in a position to perform the function on the exact Birth day you can celebrate it on the next Janma Nakshtra.

I am ready to assist you in this in performing this function in the Temple,accommodation,arrangement of Vaathiyars etc,.You can reach me in 0091-452-4500592.

My mobiles are 1) 0091-98421-11592 and 2)0091-99521-63523.

If I assisted you in a Sincere Manner it is a Punniyam for me and my family also.

In this Temple Markandeya is blessed by lord Shiva and Yama Dharma Raja also killed by Lord Shiva.

There is also a Famous Temple (I have Forgotten its name but I know the route) near Samayapuram .In this Temple Lord Shiva gave Re Birth to Yama Dharma Raja. Poojas to Yama Dharma Raja on Birth Days is Very Famous in This Temple also.

In astrology there is a belief that "bheema" - which will denote 54 - and ratHi (72) years of age, according to kaTapayAdi rules, will be critical points in the life of a person if their horoscopes indicate "alpAyur yOgam" (short life) and "madhyAyur yOgam" (middle life, or half life). Special "SAnti" is prescribed during that period. Hence, these (bheema SAnti and ratHi SAnti) Santis are performed when a person completes 53 years and 71 years respectively and begins his/her 54th. and 72nd. year respectively. I do not know how the practice to perform the santi in the 71st. year beginning has come about.

Dear Sir,

Your Quote may be True. But now-a-days most of the people are celebrating 50,60,70 and 80th birthdays in a Grand Manner in a fear that they may not have the opportunity to celebrate them in future.

I am seeing many such people in Thirukadayur Abhirami Temple.

contact

Thank you for your thread.i am really interested in conversation with many particularly old and vaidheekas.hereafter i will be doing so regularly ok
ramani

Small fun. (dont mistaken)

Probably those days, the difference between husband and wife are on the higher side. So when the husband turns 72, his wife's may be 54.
Logically, earlier woman menopause starts at 54. Our forefathers were very potent till 72. (its a science. Its possible for men to produce till 70 years if they live properly (a typical brahmin's life always one of the best. Its my thought.
No proof. Please dont curse. If you dont like, treat this as childish.

Small fun. (dont mistaken)

Probably those days, the difference between husband and wife are on the higher side. So when the husband turns 72, his wife's may be 54.
Logically, earlier woman menopause starts at 54. Our forefathers were very potent till 72. (its a science. Its possible for men to produce till 70 years if they live properly (a typical brahmin's life always one of the best. Its my thought.
No proof. Please dont curse. If you dont like, treat this as childish.

Smt. viji_r_krishnan,

I agree that in earlier days the age difference between husband & wife was high, but 18 years' is a bit far-fetched except for the second wife, which was not very common.

Santhi kusmakaram sanskrit book says that bhimaratha santhi must be performed on the end of 69th and begining of 70 th birthday star. I have written briefly about this in the 6th page of this rituals pooja and ceremony on the subject Arupatham kalyanam . required things and all other things. bhima ratha santhi thirumangalya dharanam is not there. all other rudra ekadashini and others for 60th birth day are required for bhima ratha santhi. best doing it in your house one day for rudra ekadasini and the next day ( on birthstar day and tamil month) you can do bhima ratha santhi.

For tiffin and meals marriage caterers will supply to you; some of your relatives and friends will come on the first day and some others may come on the second day.You may do on the next birth star day.

bhimaratha santhi.

Dear gopalan ji
You are highly a resourceful person .Hats off to you. Let your tribe spread and enlighten every one.
With warm regards Wrongan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back