• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Bhajan-alcoholic

Status
Not open for further replies.
These days where pub culture is rampant in almost all the Metropolitan cities – many people due to peer pressure especially Youth (Ladies no Exception), children - - are getting addicted to all sorts of Bad habits: Smoking, Alcohol, Drugs, Unacceptable Relationships - - .If any of you have got addicted to these bad habits or suffering with loneliness, depression, stress, phobias, Inferiority Complexes, Insecurity - - -got vexed with the selfish, jealous, delinquent, hedonistic people around, got deceived by your loved ones - - - all your dreams are shattered or perhaps your life itself has become a hell to you – NO NEED TO DESPAIR, there is still hope, only hope and it is by turning our Mind to the source – The Universal Mother.

There are many people who incessantly try to come out these bad habits and mental suffering but they often fail as these impressions on the Mind are so strong that they force the Man to commit the action. “The Mind is like a white laundered cloth, whichever colour you dye it in, it takes up the same.” says Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa.The only way to come out of this feeling of addiction or complexes in Mind is to make it have the taste of another strong feeling i.e., by having the taste of Lord’s Name and his glory. Let the mind have the taste of the Lord by repeating his Name - Japa (which ever name we like), and sing his glories (which ever form we like). In this Kali Yuga, the path of Bhakthi (Intense Love for God) and Self Surrender is the easiest way reach the Almighty(The Mother of all) – The Source of Inexhaustible bliss. “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you” – Bible.

It all started five years back when I attended Bhajans (Devotional Singing) for the first time in my life out of curiosity at Ramakrishna Math - Hyderabad. It was the day of Ekadasi, Swamiji was singing with such a devotion that all the devotees were Enchanted.. Accompanying him, my mind got such a soothing effect for the first time that like an ant which has found a sugar hill it became ecstatic. From then every weekend it has become a habit for me to go on every Sundays for Bhajans and Bhajawad Gita Discourses. I became a Bhajan-alcoholic; drinking the divine Elixir by singing lord’s glories, meditating on his divine form, and repeating his divine name. I used to get rid of all the stress accumulated during the week for Project delivery in my previous company. Gradually, all my loneliness vanished and I found a good friend – The Friend of all. “Little children play with dolls in the outer room just as they like, without any care of fear or restraint; but as soon as their mother comes in, they throw aside their dolls and run to her crying, "Mamma, mamma." You too, are now playing in this material world, infatuated with the dolls of wealth, honour, fame, etc., If however, you once see your Divine Mother, you will not afterwards find pleasure in all these. Throwing them all aside, you will run to her. So long as the child remains engrossed with its toys, the mother looks after her cooking and other household duties. But when the child no longer relishes the toys, it throws them aside and yells for its mother.Then the mother takes the rice-pot down from the hearth, runs in haste, and takes the child in her arms.”

Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa

"I envy no one, nor am I partial to anyone. I am equal to all. But whoever renders service unto Me in devotion is a friend, is in Me, and I am also a friend to him. He quickly becomes righteous and attains lasting peace. O son of Kunti, declare it boldly that My devotee never perishes." - Bhagawad Gita.

One of my most favourite Bhajans written by Sant Tulsidas on Sri Ramachandra:

YouTube - Sri Ramachandra Kripalu Bhajamana Sri Lata Mangeshkar - Lord Rama devotional song bhajan

Shriramachandra kripalu bhaju man haran bhavabhai darunam, Navakanja-lochana, kanjamukha, kara kanja pada kanjarunam.

Oh, mind! Always meditate upon Lord SriRAmachandra, Who is full of Grace! He surely eliminates the dreaded fear of Bhava (transmigration through worldly existence.), which is extremely fierce! Oh, fortunate mind! Adore the beauty of His eyes, resembling the pink petals of freshly bloomed lotus. Worship His tender, fragrant, lotus face, the delicate reddish lotus flowers of His hands and feet. || 1 ||

Kandarpa aganita amit chavinava neel-neeraja sundaram,Pata peet manahu tadita ruchi shuchi noumi, janaka sutavaram.

I prostrate to the most handsome Lord having infinite charm, whose beauty excels uncountable cupids, and whose transcendental bodily luster resembles dark, fresh rain-filled clouds.

My sincere salutations to the chosen Groom of SitA Devi, the divine Daughter of King Janaka, and to the Lord Who is clad in ever pure yellow silk garments, shining as bright as the lightning. || 2 ||

Bhaju deenbandhu dinesh danav-daitya-vansha-nikandanam,Raghunand anandakand koshalachandra dasharath-nanadanam.

Oh, simple, naive mind! Meditate upon the glory of Lord RAma, Who is the true Friend of the afflicted and the sole Refuge of the distressed! Being the effulgent transcendental sun, my Lord has destroyed the ignorant, evil-minded demons by His prowess. The beloved Son of King Dasaratha, who is the very source of Bliss, is also the source of joy and pride to the entire Raghu dynasty. He ever reigns over the kingdom of Kosala and shines as the cool transcendental moon. || 3 ||

Sira mukuta kundala tilaka charu udaru anga vibhushanam,Aajaanubhuja shara-chaapa-dhara, sangrama-jita-khara dushanam.

Oh, restless mind! Fondly remember the tall, enchanting Personality of Beloved RAma, Who is adorned with the Royal crown, charming earrings, beautiful auspicious mark of Tilak on forehead along with other elegant jewels on His blessed body, Always think of His extremely charming form, holding the victorious bow and arrows in his lovely long arms which reach all the way up to knee-point (AjAnubhuja), He who conquered the fierce demons like Khara and Dushana in battle. || 4 ||

Iti vadati tulasidasa shankara-sesha-muni-mana-ranjanam,Mama hridai kanja-nivaasa kuru, kaamaadi khala-dala-ganjanam

Tulasi DAsa is glorifying his Lord thus, “O Lord, Who is the Source of unlimited Divine Bliss to the minds of Lord Shiva, Shesha as well as all other great Munis (Saints), O my beloved Lord, please reside in my Lotus-Heart, so that all the worldly desires and other offenses can be destroyed completely. || 5 ||

Let the mind repeat the divine name "Rama", have the divine nectar, let it enter each and every part of the body, every tissue, every cell and finally becomes a part of the DNA.

Ah, the name which transformed a Robber to an Enlightened Sage by mere repetition of the name; made him author of the Life story of the Supreme Personality Godhead. The divine name meditated upon by Lord Shiva and Hanumanji.

“Truth does not pay homage to any society, ancient or modern. Society has to pay homage to Truth or die.” – Swami Vivekananda

Raj
Student of V.I.H.E.
A Brahmin by Birth yet striving to become a True Brahmin by Virtues
One more soul in God's Creation

P.S:
These bhajans give us eternal peace; they absorb all our worries, they bring God closer to us, take away our loneliness and they are bridge between us and God. Furthermore, they act as purification agents for our mind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back