• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Bhagat Singh

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lotus_quartz

I am sure that memories of "Rang De Basanti" is still fresh in all your minds. I am thankful for the director and story writer, who so efficiently mapped the actions of a legend to the modern world - A world where history has been reduced to just another exam that has to be passed. Yes, that movie did remind us of the most important fact, of the third kind of people - people who face their death smiling.

Every year, for many in India, 23rd March is just another day. For me, it is the day when the greatest freedom fighter for India stepped into his martyrdom. It is the day, when an incident which fueled the later upsurge of freedom movements and finally leading to India's freedom.

Bhagat Singh was born on September 28, 1907, making this year his birth centenary year.

In his own words..
"I am a man and all that affects mankind concerns me" [FONT=Arial,Helvetica] - (Page 43 of Jail notebook) [/FONT]

Can his thoughts or way of living be expressed in a better sentence that this? I doubt it.

In his last letter, Bhagat Singh wrote --" I have been arrested while waging a war. For me there can be no gallows. Put me into the mouth of a cannon and blow me off." These heroes had conquered the fear of death.

Let us bow to them a thousand times for their heroism.

I urge you all to spend two minutes of your time on March 23rd , thinking about this great leader and the sacrifice he made for India's Independence.
Jai Hind

P.S: For people who would want to read about this great man
http://www.punjabilok.com/misc /freedom/bhsingh_index.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back