• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Being Vegetarian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Sri Kunjuppu Ji,

I found this, which shows the connections between ALF and ELF who have blown up things in the name of protecting animal rights as well as protecting the environment:

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals Black Eye

Nuts!

Regards,
KRS

sorry nara, i did not do due diligence.

re peta involved in some murders, was a vague remembrance of what happened in england some years ago, as a result of which, resulted in the death of some scientist.

i could not find anything in google to substantiate it.

i am sorry :(

Shri. Kunjippu,

:eyebrows:... so shri kunjuppu, you see me everywhere.... (just kidding)... probably you see some similarities in the way shri anand and i present the case... or it may be similarities on thoughts??!! :)

i have had my say on this topic long ago... sure you must have read them...

WHAT !!!! are you both not the same guy?

Haha, If you think that both of us are the same, I am honored (ie) anandb as I don't think I can come across as well as he does. I do think we share thoughts on similar lines. Shri. Sapthajhiva, Where are you, sir, these days? You don't seem to be posting a lot.

Haha, If you think that both of us are the same, I am honored (ie) anandb as I don't think I can come across as well as he does. I do think we share thoughts on similar lines. Shri. Sapthajhiva, Where are you, sir, these days? You don't seem to be posting a lot.
I am humbled, shri anand, by your humility...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I pop in and out, but only when some post(er) or topic instill an urge in me, do I try my hand at presenting my view... else, I am contend to be a mere spectator... :)

Also, pls do not address me as sir... I have just taken one step more than that of Vikramaditya's throne... even otherwise, you could address me simply by my id itself...

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:
Vegetarianism is a better form of diet in any context - whether it is environment issues, health issues, etc. There is only one context of delinkage - vegetarianism linked to spiritualism. Being a vegetarian does not ensure sprirtual"ness" in a person. None of the ancient civilizations were vegetarian and they had their 'spiritual' practices.

Please read the following:

Debunking the meat/climate change myth | Grist

I think this gives a very interesting counter point on eating meat. I agree mostly with the author. Converting folks in to becoming vegetarians will be a fruitless task. In my opinion that won't happen any time soon. But putting pressure on the large meat producing corporations in terms of their 'farming' methods of animals and going towards 'natural' farming as the author says may be a start to resolving this issue.

Regards,
KRS

In the U.S. Thanksgiving is a major holiday when millions of turkeys give up their lives. Last year Sarah Palin visited a turkey farm just before Thanksgiving. TV coverage of this visit included turkeys being slaughtered in the background.

This year, peta, an organization known for shock-value ads has come out with a rather mild one. But the turkey sensitivities of the corporate media wouldn't have none of it. NBC refused to run the ad. It may be viewed from Peta's web site.

Peta's banned AD

It is so unfortunate that Peta has elected to offerr controversial ads. When it comes to changing the ways of tradition and culture, belittling the people who one wants to change does not work. Nor will militancy work.

I dare say that without Peta, there would be more coversions to veganism and vegetarianism. Their message is driving off many would be vegetarians from even considering a diet change, because of the ridiculous way Peta goes about their business.

Just my two cents......

Regards,
KRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back