• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Before taking Food

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before taking Food

My grand mother used to recite this Sloka daily before going to bed:
காயேன வாச்சா
காயேன வாச்சா மனசேந்த்ரியைர்வ
புத்தியாத்மானா வா பிரகிர்த்தி ஸ்வபாவாத்
கரோமி யத்யத் சகல பரச்மை
நாராயணயதி சமர்பயாமி

பொருள்:

என்னுடைய உடல், பேச்சு, மனம், ஐம்புலன்களாலும்
அறிவு, ஆன்மா மற்றும் சிந்தையினாலும்
நான் செய்யும் அணைத்து காரியங்களும்
நாராயணனான உமக்கே சமர்ப்பணம்.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

My grand mother used to recite this Sloka daily before going to bed:
காயேன வாச்சா
காயேன வாச்சா மனசேந்த்ரியைர்வ
புத்தியாத்மானா வா பிரகிர்த்தி ஸ்வபாவாத்
கரோமி யத்யத் சகல பரச்மை
நாராயணயதி சமர்பயாமி

பொருள்:

என்னுடைய உடல், பேச்சு, மனம், ஐம்புலன்களாலும்
அறிவு, ஆன்மா மற்றும் சிந்தையினாலும்
நான் செய்யும் அணைத்து காரியங்களும்
நாராயணனான உமக்கே சமர்ப்பணம்.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.
hi sir,
i recite this sloka every day to mother through telephone from USA....she repeats same sloka and then go to bed in chennai....

all 7 days in a week......

I am compelled to write the correct rendition of the ślokā here so that all readers may recite correctly.

कायेन वाचा मनसेन्द्रियैर्वा
बुद्ध्यात्मना वा प्रकृतॆः स्वभावात् |
करोमि यद्यद् सकलम् परस्मै
श्रीमन् नारायणायेति समर्प्पयामि ||

காயேன வாசா மனஸேந்த்ரியைர்வா
புத்த்யாத்மனா வா ப்ரக்ருதேஃ ஸ்வபாவாத் |
கரோமி யத்யத் ஸகலம் பரஸ்மை
ஸ்ரீமன் நாராயணாயேதி ஸமர்ப்பயாமி ||

kāyena vācā manasendriyairvā
buddhyātmanā vā prakṛteḥ svabhāvāt |
karomi yadyad sakalam parasmai
śrīman nārāyaṇāyeti samarppayāmi ||

Incidentally, this is just like government office principle — of marking files to the next higher authority so that no responsibility gets attached to oneself. People tend to do whatever they please and by reciting this or other equivalent ślokās like கரசரண க்ருதம் வா... they go to sleep with the full conviction that all the blame has shifted to Narayana. In one old Tamil picture there is a starting scene making sarcastic comment on such attitude of people.

But in reality Narayana or any other God, not even the Parabrahman can undo even a little bit of the result of our own Karmas. What is more ideal prayer may be something equivalent to the one in English which starts with "Lead Kindly Light, amid the encircling gloom, Lead thou me on!", imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back