• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Bangalore to Atlanta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I have been asked to move to Atlanta from Bangalore... Having never lived long enough in US, I would welcome any guidance on these steps.... I would be moving in with a 5 year old son and my wife by Mid June or early July .... Looking forward to hearing from friends who are in Atlanta or can guide on what to do and what to look for... you can reach me at s-sriram at in.com

regards
Ram

Thanks Mr.Ramachandran... I did find them, will also take a look at them ... Just wanted to hear from some of our folks on the subject ... The best place to find some one who can help you, I thought, was our own community ...

Dear Sri Srama Ji,

I live in the Dallas, Texas area, but have visited Atlanta often.

Since you have a 5 year old child, education is very important. From what I know, the Northern suburbs of Atlanta (Alpharetta, Duluth etc.) have good schools. In USA, the public schools (education is free) depend on property value taxation, so you want to reside in a place that have good schools. But then, you have to balance this with the commute to your work and your wife's aspirations too. The northern suburbs seem to have the best school systems.

I have relatives in Atlanta as well as friends. So, please let me know whether you need assistance, I will pm the contact info.

Regards,
KRS

Indian American Associations and Organizations in metro Atlanta Georgia USA

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]American Society of Engineers of Indian origin (ASEI)
[SIZE=-1]President: Dr. Sathya V. Hanagud​

[SIZE=-1]Email: [email protected][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Home Phone: 404-321-3599[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Work Phone: 404-894-3040[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Home Address: 2536 Flairknoll Court, Atlanta, GA 30345
[/SIZE][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]BAPS Swaminarayan Temple
(BAPS - Bochasanwasi Akshar Purshottam Sanstha)
[SIZE=-1]President: Mr. Tusharbhai Patel[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Home Phone: 770-985-0032[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Temple: 404-297-0501[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Address: 3518 Clarkston Industrial Blvd., Clarkston, GA 30021[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Public Relations Coordinator: Mr. Radhesh Patel[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Work Phone: 770-457-3262[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] Assistant Public Relations Coordinator: Mr. Ritesh Desai[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] Home Phone: 770-696-4798[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] Email: [email protected][/SIZE]

Greater Atlanta Tamil Sangam (GATS)
[SIZE=-1]President: Mr. Vaithiswaran Subramanian[/SIZE] - Email: [email protected]
[SIZE=-1]Web: www.gatamilsangam.org[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Home Phone: 678-762-7838
[/SIZE]Greater Atlanta Vedic Temple Society
[SIZE=-1]President: Mr. Amitabh Sharma[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Phone: 770-270-1757[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Head Priest: Dr. V. D. Bista and Mr. Bhupendra Tripathi[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Phone: 770-381-3662[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Address: 492 Harmony Grove Road, Lilburn, GA 30247, USA

[/SIZE]
Kannada Koota (Nrupathunga) [SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] [email protected] - www.AtlantaKannada.org
Dr. H.N.Ramaswamy - 770-941-0991 H
660 Crescent Ridge Trail, Mableton, GA 30126-5900
Mrs. Smitha Barki - 770-919-2156
[/SIZE]​
Konkani Association
[SIZE=-1]President: Dr. Suresh Prabhu - 404-367-5445 - [email protected][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Past President: Mr. Dilip Divgi - [email protected][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]

[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]​
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Thanks KRSji. I have been reading about Alpharetta and Duluth in multiple places...Looks like these are the major Indian/Asian Suburbs. Commute to work is there and cannot be wished away, and hopefully wouldnt be worse than Bangalore. My wife would be looking for jobs after reaching there, so I would need to take that into account too... My L1 is in process and I would surely PM you for any possible help. Thanks a lot again...

Dear Ramachandran Sir ... thanks for the links...realized I couldnt find these in my Googling :( .... The one pointing to Tamil Sangam really looked interesting.... I really welcome such help ... I realize settling after shifting wouldnt be such a big problem with such help around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back