• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Auspicious Time for marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feels its better if we do not use slur words like Chandala and Negro.

Chandala is not a polite word to use on anyone even if they are born tru Pratiloma unions of Shudra Varna male and Brahmana Varna female.

Also Negro word is considered a Slur.
The correct word is African and if we know which country an African is from we can be more specific like Nigerian , Kenyan etc.

Red Indian itself is not used anymore..we have to say Native American.

Lets all be aware of slur words.

i thank one and all for showering the blessings on the couple.It is always blessings of elders which make anyone grow prosperously in life.i have helped so many people in my nature of job just with the intention of helping as it is in my nature which is why the happiness in their heart and satisfied smile on their lips and throwing the weight of burden they carried while coming and returning happily has helped my daughter get a good family.It is nothing i owe to except the Almighty and blessings of elders.may it stay with my children always.Thank you all and here is wishing Mr.ramabhadrans daughter also a very happy married life.

Madam Mala,

Take care..God bless your family and wish your daughter all the best.

Whatever said and done for us Hindu women we serve husband first before we serve God.

Caste of husband does not dethrone him from his status in anyones eyes.

Thanks for all the comments.

As Nakkeerar, Thamizh Sangham-era poet supreme said: kuttram kuttrame.

If our scriptures, e.g. Manu Smruthi, call our attention to the truth by using the correct term for the issue born to a First Varna woman and a Fourth Varna man (gaandharva vivaaham or not), why get upset through misunderstanding or ignorance of our scriptures?

Why feel aggrieved if, in Chapter One of our Bhagavath-Geetha, verses 40 to 42, Paandava warrior Arjuna, just before the Maha Bhaaratha War starts, gets down on his bended knees and pleads with Lord Krishna Paramaathma against letting (or encouraging) adharma to overcome dharma and spreading throughout the inhabited world --

adharmaabhibhavaath krishna pradushyanthi kulasthriyaha

sthreeshu dushtaashu vaarshneya jaayathe varna-sangaraha

Jews I know do not re-write their Torah; Muslims I know do not re-write their Quran. Sikhs I know do not seek to re-write their Granth. Nor Buddhists to re-write their Dhammapada. Their Holy books are revered and kept sacred by them, even at the price of their lives.

Our late highly-revered "nadamaadum deivam" spoke in Thamizh undying words of inspired wisdom:-

"Why not we trim the Saastraas according to the present-day trends? The example of Government amending the rules is cited in support.

"But what is not known to many including those who have high regard for the Saastraas - is that, "These smritis do not contain the personal opinions of their authors. They have merely abstracted and compiled what is already said in the Vedas. Since the Vedic injunctions are never under any circumstances changeable, there is no question of changing the rules in Dharma Sastras.

"If the Smritis were merely the handiwork of Rishis, there is no compulsion for us to accept them in toto. We can reject them if we do not like them. We can do without them if they had introduced matters not to be found in the Vedas, if they had thought by their intelligence as to what is good for men and what is not. That way, there are many who had written the way their minds traversed; we can similarly legislate for ourselves.

"In actual fact the Smritis closely follow the Vedic dictums and therefore we must regard them as our authority for now and always."

(Extract from "The Vedas", published by Bharathiya Vidya Bhavan, Bombay, Sudakshina Trust, Bombay.)

Should "political correctness" prevent us from calling a spade a spade?

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

hi

as mahakavi kalidasa said in kumara sambhavam.....SRUTHE EVA ARTHAM SMRITI ANVA GACCHHAT...means all smritis

follows the sruthi..means vedas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back