• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Aubhasana panai among Tirunelveli iyer community

Kalpana2891

Hi, I am a tanjore iyer married to Tirunelveli iyer. My husband’s family has a panai at home and religiously worships it. I have also heard from my in-laws that misplacing the panai has caused some complications in my mother-in-laws health.

I am new to the traditions of Tirunelveli iyer and would like to know more about this aubhasana panai and the rituals that are associated with this panai. I would really appreciate if anybody could provide me any articles or books related to understanding the rituals behind the aubhasana panai and it’s significance.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I am a tanjore iyer married to Tirunelveli iyer. My husband’s family has a panai at home and religiously worships it. I have also heard from my in-laws that misplacing the panai has caused some complications in my mother-in-laws health.

I am new to the traditions of Tirunelveli iyer and would like to know more about this aubhasana panai and the rituals that are associated with this panai. I would really appreciate if anybody could provide me any articles or books related to understanding the rituals behind the aubhasana panai and it’s significance.

Thanks in advance.

The Pit is called " Poivadai Panai". It is worshipped next only to Kuladeivam (Family Deity). It is kept in a inner room, where only family members can go in and worship. When performing Sumangali Prarthanai, the new 9 yards Saree is kept in Pooja Then the Eldest Sumangali member take the saree to the room, open the lid, take out the Saree (placed in the previous year) in the Pot, place the Saree worshipped this year in the Pot and close the lid The taken out Saree is given to Daughter in law (Thirunelveli Custom) to wear. R Ramaswami

The Pit is called " Poivadai Panai". It is worshipped next only to Kuladeivam (Family Deity). It is kept in a inner room, where only family members can go in and worship. When performing Sumangali Prarthanai, the new 9 yards Saree is kept in Pooja Then the Eldest Sumangali member take the saree to the room, open the lid, take out the Saree (placed in the previous year) in the Pot, place the Saree worshipped this year in the Pot and close the lid The taken out Saree is given to Daughter in law (Thirunelveli Custom) to wear. R Ramaswami
is it compulsory to perform sumangali prarthanai every year?
Because the last time we performed this ritual only after my wedding which is 6 years back. After that no other sumangali prarthanai was performed.

Latest ads

Back