• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Astrology

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

According to Webster's dictionary:
"The divination of the supposed influences of the stars and planets on human affairs and terrestrial events by their positions and aspects."

According to Wikipedia:
"While astrology may bear a superficial resemblance to science, it is a pseudoscience because it makes little attempt to develop solutions to its problems, shows no concern for the evaluation of competing theories, and is selective in considering confirmations and dis-confirmations."

It may seem scientific with all the calculations and now computer software being written for it. But there are various systems of observation and computations. Each country, region, civilization, and period has its own explanation. No two system come up with the same results, and there is various interpretations of the same chart.

There might be some coincidences. and predictions may come true, but in general it seems like glib talk.
I have read all about Astrology on the internet, and various other sources. I am still not clear about the use of Astrology, any more than "Chinese fortune cookies".

I apologize to strong believers. IMO it is a lot of mumbo jumbo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back