• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Arts...Exit to Tamil Brahmins..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ref#73.
Well opinions differ.
As for me we should be able to identify with the people we see on the screen.
They should not look or behave like aliens - something really out of the earth.
That is precisely why I stopped watching movies.
It is exposing the body... body... body...
both by men and women now!
I never could appreciate the cabaret dancers.
They arouse the animal in men and be safe in their homes
while some poor girl will pay for it with her honor/ chastity!

Lol renu i knew you were going to say exactly that!! (post 73). I think sometimes its nice to watch people who represent us or who look like us on the big screen too...not always i agree but just sometimes. Thats why i always feel Indian cinema heros/heroines do not represent the Indian masses (lookwise/colour/beauty) generally at all.

Revathi/Radha/Ambika were pretty in their own tbh. Not everyone has to be only glamourous of sexy or revealing to be pretty IMO. Even Sridevi was not glamorous in Tamil/Telugu but her talent/gift for acting was more used than all of her Hindi put together. I like Kareena Kapoor but she also is not all beauty and no acting skill. She is a very good and talented actress and keeps growing.

I like 80s heroines alot because they were simple/modest and yet not bad looking. Many people think only too much makeup and sexy clothes = beauty which IMO is wrong, but again to each their own i guess.

One more pic for VR Ji!

SRK%20six%20pack%20abs.jpg

Ref#73.
Well opinions differ.
As for me we should be able to identify with the people we see on the screen.
They should not look or behave like aliens - something really out of the earth.
That is precisely why I stopped watching movies.
It is exposing the body... body... body...
both by men and women now!
I never could appreciate the cabaret dancers.
They arouse the animal in men and be safe in their homes
while some poor girl will pay for it with her honor/ chastity!

Dear VR ji,

I understand about the animal instinct part..but I tend to view bodies differently.

When I see an exposed body..my mind starts to calculate:

1)BMI
2)Body fat percentage
3)Hip Waist Ratio
4)Real breasts or implants
5)Liposuction or not Lipo
6)Veins on hands..easy to take blood!

So basically I keep thinking in my mind how fit a person is and that will remind me to hit the gym more.

Glamour babes on screen can motivate mere mortals like me to keep fit..that is why I love all these glamour babes.

In fact I keep telling my patients too..to buy movie magazines and keep staring at some sexy heroine and use her pic to motivate ourselves to lose weight and keep fit.

With the right connections
(family/ professional / personal)
a girl can become the top heroine
with neither looks nor talents!!! :rolleyes:

Dear VR Ji,

You forgot the main requirement to make it tops in the South for a heroine!

One should NOT be able to speak Tamil!LOL

What surprises me is Trisha being a TB is hesitant to speak Tamil in public but Namita being a Nortie speaks Tamil fairly well now.

I still remember how she addresses her fans overseas..she screams.."Hiiiiiiiii Machans"

Dear VR Ji,

What surprises me is Trisha being a TB is hesitant to speak Tamil in public but Namita being a Nortie speaks Tamil fairly well now.

I still remember how she addresses her fans overseas..she screams.."Hiiiiiiiii Machans"

Dear Renu!
You are a doctor and you will be able to do all those complicated calculations.
What about the housewives like me??? :)

Dear VR Ji,

Small wonder! People like her will be knowing only machchaans and Maamoos! :)

I happened to see the small bit (Movie Englishkaaran?) where she runs in Asian games sprint event.

She is built for stability (like me) and not for speed .
Yet she won the first prize and a cup 18" tall. Wow!

Steroids are commonly use for Body Building. Especially by the Film industry. Then again they starve themselves to keep up the figure (both heroes and heroines).
Again Uppers are used regularly to keep with the hectic life style.

Sashi Kapoor had become very fat after retiring from films. Once when he was asked he said "For decades I had to starve to keep a thin figure. Let me eat well now."

Last edited by a moderator:
If Sashi Kapoor is called FAT, what will Shammi Kapoor be called??? :faint:

A "nadigai" becomes a "dhaigai" after retiring (voluntary or enforced)

since she does not need to survive on a piece of

lean meat and fruit juice for the rest of her life!

Silicone for females and steroids for males!

Frankly speaking no one needs to starve to remain slim and fit.
The problem is people like to over eat and do not want to exercise..thats why they gain weight as they grow older.

As we age..our metabolism slows down and even those who exercise daily they dont see much results as they age cos they are doing the same routine day in a day out...so body gets into plateau phase.

We need to challenge the body by varying types of exercise.
Decide to add some variation in daily workout or try different forms of exercises.

Coming to our diet just be sensible but if you want to lose fat fast from body..just omit one meal and replace the meal with oats and milk..may be dinner can be omitted and replaced with oats and milk.

One can also make this:

Mash cooked Garbenzo Beans(Chick peas I think) and blend it with plain Yogurt or Soy Yogurt also add sunflower seeds and add salt,ginger and pepper and blend it till it becomes a smooth paste.

It is full of protein and can be used to make a sandwich.

Place in on 2 slices of whole meal bread..can add some lettuce leaves and have it for dinner.
Fills you up fast and taste yummy too.

One just has to make some modifications in diet to keep trim..starving is not advisable.

Dear Renu,

You are talking about persons with normal health! What about persons with thyroid problem who bloat even with proper diet?

And, the side effects of medicines taken by diabetics, to control cholesterol? There are several reasons for excess weight, even

for calorie conscious people with regular exercise! Blessed are those who have normal health in middle and old age! :)

I bloat on (air and laughter) when I am happy.
Oi bloat on snacks when I am sad /lonely!
I bloat on the umpteen medicines i take.
I bloat all the time - thanks to the hypothyroidism.
I bloat because I can't go for long walks anymore!
I bloat because my metabolism has become KETTAbolism long ago!
Blessed are those who can eat well and still remain thin and trim...
while the likes of me survive on minimum food and still keep growing across!

Dear VR ji,

You are no ordinary house wife..you are a Sarvajña (all knowing)!

Dear Renu,
I as well as you know that these are
words of affection and are not true.
No one can be all knowing except God!
Even when we think we know everything, we usually don't.
As for me, I don't even think that I know everything.
Yes! I want to know everything.
I try to learn everything possible.
But there is a huge difference between
knowling and trying to know. Right dear???

Dear Renu,

You are talking about persons with normal health! What about persons with thyroid problem who bloat even with proper diet?

And, the side effects of medicines taken by diabetics, to control cholesterol? There are several reasons for excess weight, even

for calorie conscious people with regular exercise! Blessed are those who have normal health in middle and old age! :)

Dear RR ji,

Since you brought this up...it is still possible to remain slim.
I have patients with all the diseases you mentioned and they have increased their activity and watch their diet.

Diabetic medications/cholesterol medications do not cause significant increase in weight.In fact some people lose weight with some diabetic medications like Metformin and it is also used an slimming drug in obese individuals by certain doctors.

Most people become inactive when they get diabetes and gain weight.

Actress Halle Berry is a diabetic who takes insulin shots and she is so fit and trim.
She exercises and watches her diet.

Medications like Prednisolone steroids cause weight gain and some Thyroid medications can cause weight gain if a person does not watch diet and exercise.
The thyroid monitoring should be done well and hardly any weight gain will be seen.

As I said earlier..most people become inactive when they get some disease ..hence they gain weight.

Check out Halle Berry( a diabetic on Insulin)

HALLE-BERRY-in-InStyle-Magazine-Russia-January-2013-Issue-2.jpg

I bloat on (air and laughter) when I am happy.
Oi bloat on snacks when I am sad /lonely!
I bloat on the umpteen medicines i take.
I bloat all the time - thanks to the hypothyroidism.
I bloat because I can't go for long walks anymore!
I bloat because my metabolism has become KETTAbolism long ago!
Blessed are those who can eat well and still remain thin and trim...
while the likes of me survive on minimum food and still keep growing across!

Dear VR Ji,

All hope is not lost for you.
For a person like you..I would recommend swimming and aqua aerobics cos thats gentle on the knee.
If you know how to swim start now!
If you dont know how to swim learn it!

Take time off and look after yourself and insists to everyone else that you want to be more active.
It's never too late.

Silver lining! New year gift!!! I get webmd newsletter. You don't have to wait for long, till a 180 degree contradictory study-report is released.

[h=2]A Few Extra Pounds Linked to a Longer Life[/h]
Jan. 1, 2013 -- Overall, people who carry a few extra pounds tended to live longer than those who are either normal weight or very obese, new research shows.
The review, of 97 studies that included a combined 2.88 million people, questions the notion that people of normal weight live longest.
“It is possible that under certain circumstances, being a little overweight is good as opposed to bad,” says Steven B. Heymsfield, MD, executive director of the Pennington Biomedical Research Center in Baton Rouge, La. Heymsfield wrote an editorial on the review but was not involved in the research.

A Few Extra Pounds Linked to a Longer Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back