• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Are Yoga practices a mere phisical exercise? Know Yoga as per Yoga Sutras of Patanji

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raman2448

Yoga Sutras / Yoga philosophy

The yoga practices as followed now stops exclusively at the physical level and almost always never goes beyond some Aasanas or a few breathing exercises. No school teaches the philosophical content available in Yoga Sutras of Patanjali.
It is high time that at least we, as Brahmins, get some initiation in the great concept of Yoga available in our sastras.
I would like to assist anybody who is interested in learning the subject of yoga as a concept [dealing with mind and intelligence] FREE OF COST. Interested parties may please get in touch with me at
[email protected].
I am willing to send my audios explaining individually each one of the 196 Patanjali yoga sutras on a weekly basis
free of cost.
I will give detailed explanations for at least three sutras per week in each of my audio attachments.
All these are my own audio recordings and hence there will be no infringement of any copy rights whatsoever.
Expecting to receive favourable response.
--Ramani Panchapakesan

Nice to read this.
Yes you are right..most of us concentrate only the Asana aspect of the 8 limb Yoga of Patanjali.

The other limbs obviously needs more time..commitment and dedication which many of us in our fast paced life find it hard to adhere.

Anyway keep up your good work.

For me I use the Asana aspect of Yoga to keep fit and trim.

Still havent thought of going beyond that even though I have read the Yoga Sutra of Patanjali.

Just a suggestion...why dont you start a thread and write a Sutra a day and explain to members here?

With such a format there would be more interaction and questions and answer.

Just a suggestion.

This makes a good read..

Attachments

• Patanjali Yoga Sutras.pdf
    363.2 KB · Views: 162
Some info about the author - Source: Chip Hartranft: Books

''Chip Hartranft

Chip Hartranft's work bridges the traditions of yoga and Buddhist meditation. He is the founding director of The Arlington Center,

dedicated to the integration of yoga and dharma practice, and has taught a blend of movement and stillness to students in the

Boston area since 1978. A student of yoga chiefly in the Krishnamacharya traditions, Chip has also practiced vipassana meditation

for many years. He leads annual retreats in the United States and abroad, blending yoga movement, breathwork, and mindfulness.

More information, including how to contact Chip Hartranft and The Arlington Center, can be found at
Welcome to The Arlington Center.''

............ Just a suggestion...why dont you start a thread and write a Sutra a day and explain to members here?

With such a format there would be more interaction and questions and answer. ..........
​Good suggestion, Renu! :)

Thanks for the suggestion. I have already offered to upload one audio of mine every week explaining the Yoga sutras in detail. I want to know if the audios to be uploaded in this forum or should I have to form a yoga study group for this purpose. I have just a few days back started a group under this name. Waiting for favorable listener's forum.

Thanks for your quick response Vaagmi ji. My first upload will start in a few days time. I will give detailed explanation sutra-wise for the first 12 sutras in my first audio upload. You may expect the link for my upload on, perhaps, Thursday in this same page.
Thanks.

Sutra-wise explanations in a audio format will be uploaded on a weekly basis from Thursday onwards in this page. The same can also be accessed in my page from that day onwards. Thanks for favorable responses.
--Raman2448

Dear Renukaji,
I have difficulty in typing the detailed explanation in pdf format. But my audios are readily available in small doses of half-an-hour format
explaining individually every sutra. The audios are in English-Tamil colloquial rendition. I will start the first of my audios running to about 35 minutes [covering first 12 sutras in Patanjali Yoga Sutra- Samadhi Pada].
Stay tuned. I intend releasing it on thursday in this page.
--Ramani Panchapakesan [Raman2448]

Dear friends,
I have uploaded 22 audios detailing all the 106 yoga sutras in the first two chapters [namely, Samadhi Pada & Sadhana Pada ] of Patanjali Yoga sutras in my Facebook Page "Ramani's-Yoga-study-group". You may access them freely through the Tamilbrahmins Facebook Page.
I would advice my friends to listen to the audios in the sequential order from the first post onwards. [The first post details Sutras 1 to 12 of Samadhi Pada]. You may post your comments or doubts in my page itself and I will immedietely try to answer all your querries.
---Ramani Panchapakesan [Raman2448]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back