• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Any Tamil Brahmin Builders in Chennai?

• Thread starter Thread starter shiva0544
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i am going to purchase flat around 30 lacs in chennai area of double bedroom flat. Is there any gud tamil brahmin builder exclusively building for us or for vegetarians? Please suggest some good areas to buy for tamil middle class brahmins to settle in chennai.

Is it an odd request?
I can even understand it to be exclusive vegetarian flat.
Why must it be built by a TB builder?
What if the TB is a meat eater?

Please read the thread:
http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/general-discussions/8171-old-age-home-brahmins-2.html

Hi i am going to purchase flat around 30 lacs in chennai area of double bedroom flat. Is there any gud tamil brahmin builder exclusively building for us or for vegetarians? Please suggest some good areas to buy for tamil middle class brahmins to settle in chennai.
hi
i have a builder in chennai....he is an iyengar....he is constructing my house in thiruvanmiyur, chennai.....i can help u....plz send

me a pm....so that i can u give u the details.....

Dear Mr.Shiva,

I dont know where you live at present and at what location you are looking at to book a flat. There is no specific Brahmin area like it used to be in the 40-70's. Mylapore/triplicane etc have changed a lot and eventhough you can see ad's for house for rent to Veg only, and brahmins only, and yoo can have temples etc very near.
But the budget you have is very low for these areas and for the budget you have you have to move out to the outskirts like, beyond tambaram, etc. (i.e abot 20 km away from the heart of the city.) Please note you cannot get any DB for less than 3500/per sqft anywhere in chennai. if you are willing to go for Secondhand flats with compromised living you can get some thing but will have to do extensive searching.

Cheers!!

Dear sir,

The Builder might be a TB but I do not think the construction workers are going to be TBs.

Is that going to be a problem?

There are a few brahmin owned building companies. My apartment complex was built by a brahmin owned building company. More than the owner, I was more particular about the name of the society. Some names are really beautiful - vedant, akilandeswari, brahmavit.

Dear sir,

The Builder might be a TB but I do not think the construction workers are going to be TBs.

Is that going to be a problem?

hi
im constructing a home in chennai....the builder is brahmin....the occupants are brahmins...i got everything according to my

wish...the occupants are relatives of builder....only construction workers are only NBs....no problem for me....

Last edited:
Would you rather have a house built by a professional reputable, who can build a beautiful building at reasonable cost, in reasonable time.
OR
A building built by a "brahmin" (his word I suppose).

Is the aim to have a building of your specification or charity for the Brahmin.
I am not in the middle of caste warfare, so it is for my information.

On one hand we praise Kanappa Nayanar, Alwars, and Nayanmaars, none of them were Brahmins, and then turn around and want Brahmin builders.

Is a born-brahmin who is in un-brahmin profession still a brahmin?

Last edited:
Also this is a Tamil Brahmin forum right? (ok not exclusively, i get it, before anyone jumps at me) so if one is not allowed to ask for a Brahmin builder here (without getting all the smart aleck questions :)), pray tell where are they allowed to ask? A Pakistani forum perhaps?!

I realise and understand that it doesn't, or shouldn't matter who your builder is, but some people have preferences. Maybe thats a crime nowadays...

Also this is a Tamil Brahmin forum right? (ok not exclusively, i get it, before anyone jumps at me) so if one is not allowed to ask for a Brahmin builder here (without getting all the smart aleck questions :)), pray tell where are they allowed to ask? A Pakistani forum perhaps?!

I realise and understand that it doesn't, or shouldn't matter who your builder is, but some people have preferences. Maybe thats a crime nowadays...

So are you saying that segregation is good for India. Do you work in a Brahmin company, does your children go to Brahmin school, do you eat only in Brahmin restaurants. Where does it end? It is not a smart aleck remark, it is a thought provoking remark. I do not have any problem if you want to isolate yourself.

The Durga puja Murti builders are Muslims. Most of the Marble carvers in Rajasthan are Muslims.
If God does not differentiate, why should we? Please think it through. I am not in this fight, I am just an observer.

The Temple builder here in USA is an American company, working with a stepathi from TN. So I am not familiar with the practice in TN.

If you are just playing your petty games of, tit for tat, then I do not want any part of it.
Brahmin are a dwindling community, who have no special power, nor will they have any special power. Most of the people commenting here are from yester-generation. Is this the legacy we want to leave for our future generations?
Then we wonder why TB girls are marrying NB's. If they want their children to prosper they have to find the fittest gene pool, not a dwindling, self isolating islands.

Last edited:
Out here in Malaysia, Chinese make the best Builders..prefect work and finishing touches.
No one can come close to Chinese in terms of workmanship and they are very professional too.

The skilled workers from Indonesia are the best.

Hey Amala,

Sudah lama tak kamu tak jenguk sini?
Moga Moga anda selalu masuk forum.

Hey I sedih lah Lee Chong Wei tak dapat emas bagi badminton di olimpik tapi dia main bersungguh sungguh dan dia memang seorang pemain yang bagus(World Number one anyhow).

Kamu jangan tulis satu dua post dan lari Ok!

BTW we can't really have preferences for everything in life.

Blood bank does not store blood according to caste and creed.

It is just by ABO and Rh blood grouping system.

Hi Renu,

I'm not following Malaysia because everytime on switch on the TV, its always USA or China or "team GB". Never got to see Malaysia at all or even India come to think of it! Dunno if my luck or what, everytime i end up watching (if at all) the swimming, cycling and athletics! Aku mahu larilah...ini ada satu orang tua marah...bosan! :)

Tbs garu,

How are you! Btw nobody else told any builders names so i think we can't mention it out here maybe?

Mr Prasad,

With all due respect, I'm very impressed by your egalitarianism. I do try my best as well! But some people have their preferences wrt builders, schools, restaurants and so on. Its their prerogative. I just dont feel they should be put on a stand and interrogated as to why they want Brahmin builders. Its their money and they can give it to whoever they choose to.

My relative's builders in Adyar are/were Brahmin. Am i allowed to give out the name in the forum?
i think you can give it in business /add thread.you tell the members when they contact you by PM in your mail box of this forum .just like kallidai kurchi appalam ,you can give the address here also in General /chit chat forum.
guruvayurappan

Hi Renu,

I'm not following Malaysia because everytime on switch on the TV, its always USA or China or "team GB". Never got to see Malaysia at all or even India come to think of it! Dunno if my luck or what, everytime i end up watching (if at all) the swimming, cycling and athletics! Aku mahu larilah...ini ada satu orang tua marah...bosan! :)
hi
london olympics...very close to u....watch TEAM USA.....beautiful performance....

Hi Renu,

I saw the match..it was really a tough fit.
Hoi jangan larilah..nowadays it is quite fun.

hi
london olympics...very close to u....watch TEAM USA.....beautiful performance....

I liked the women 10,000 meters long distance run.
The stamina of the Gold Medalist from Ethopia, Tirunesh Dibaba was just too good.

Her name sounded so Indian..Tirunesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back