• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

anugita

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr Renuka,

I am hearing about this for the first time. Is it part of Mahabharatha or a seperate addition?

All the best
Dear RVR sir,

actually i had Anugita in my computer for sometime more than a year i guess and i decided to share it with everyone today.
i myself havent finished reading it yet as its quite vast.
the explanation regarding its origin is given in its intro in this link itself.
i am not quite sure of its origin itself.
i am just click and pasting the intro given.
i must try to finish reading it also.
Anugita is the second discourse to Arjuna by lord Krishna. The Anugita is part of the Aasvamedhikaparva (chapters 16-51) in the Sanskrit epic Mahabharata. It contains Krishna's conversation with Arjuna when Krishna decided to return to Dwaraka after restoring to the Pandavas, their kingdom. The main topics discussed are transmigration of souls, means of attaining liberation, description of gunas and ashramas, dharma, and the effects of tapas or austerity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back