• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

anti hindu/india lobbies???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got this in mail recently.....

Very interesting must read and pass to as many your friends. Recent
Gujrat election have witnessed unaccountable money paid to media
persons of both, print and electronic by Saudi Arabia to discredit
Modi and the Hindutva forces, which Media did very faithfully without success.
There are several major publishing groups in India , the most
prominent among them being the Times of India Group,the Indian Express
Group, the Hindustan Times Group, The Hindu group, the Anandabazar
Patrika Group, the Eenadu Group, the Malayalam Manorama Group, the
Mathrubhumi group, the Sahara group, the Bhaskar group,and the Dainik
Jagran group
Let us see the ownership of different media agencies.

NDTV: A very popular TV news media is funded by Gospels of Charity in
Spain. Supports Communism. Recently it has developed a soft corner
towards Pakistan because Pakistan President has allowed only this channel to be aired in Pakistan. Indian CEO Prannoy Roy is co-brother
of Prakash Karat, General Secretary of the Communist party of India.
His wife and Brinda Karat are sisters.
India Today which used to be the only national weekly who supported
BJP is now bought by NDTV!! Since then the tone has change
drastically and turned into Hindu bashing.
CNN-IBN: This is 100 percent funded by Southern Baptist Church with
its branches in all over the world with HQ in US. The Church annually allocates $800 million for promotion of its channel. Its Indian head is Rajdeep Sardesai and his wife Sagarika Ghosh.
Times group list:
Times Of India, Mid-Day, Nav-Bharth Times, Stardust , Femina,
VijayaTimes, Vijaya Karnataka, Times now (24- hour news channel) and
many more.. Times Group is owned by Bennet & Coleman. 'World Christian
Council' does 80 percent of the Funding, and an Englishman and an
Italian equally share balance 20 percent. The Italian Robertio Mindo
is a close relative of Sonia Gandhi.
Star TV: It is run by an Australian, who is supported by St. Peters
Pontificial Church Melbourne.
Hindustan Times: Owned by Birla Group, but hands have changed since
Shobana Bhartiya took over. Presently it is working in Collobration
with Times Group.

The Hindu:
English daily, started over 125 years has been recently taken over by
Joshua Society, Berne, Switzerland. N.Ram's wife is a Swiss national.

Indian Express: Divided into two groups. The Indian Express and new
Indian Express (southern edition). ACTS Christian Ministries have
major stake in the Indian Express and latter is still with the Indian
counterpart..
Eeenadu: Still to date controlled by an Indian named Ramoji Rao.
Ramoji Rao is connected with film industry and owns a huge studio in Andhra Pradesh.
Andhra Jyothi: The Muslim party of Hyderabad known as MIM along with a
Congress Minister has purchased this Telugu daily very recently.
The Statesman: It is controlled by Communist Party of India.
Kairali TV: It is controlled by Communist party of India (Marxist)
Mathrubhoomi: Leaders of Muslim League and Communist leaders have
major investment.
Asian Age and Deccan Chronicle: Is owned by a Saudi Arabian Company
with its Chief Editor M.J. Akbar.
Gujrat riots which took place in 2002 where Hindus were burnt alive,
Rajdeep Sardesai and Bharkha Dutt working for Star TV at that time got
around $5m from Saudi Arabia to cover only Muslim victims which they
did very faithfully. Not a single Hindu family was interviewed or
shown on TV whose near and dear ones had been burnt alive, it is
reported Tarun Tejpal of <Tehelka..com regularly gets flat check from Arab countries to target BJP and Hindus only, it is said. The ownership
explains the control of media in India by foreigners. The result is
obvious.
PONDER OVER THIS. NOW YOU KNOW WHY EVERY ONE IS AGAINST TRUTH, HOW VERY SAD.

Please pass this on to as many as possible. Let them know who feeds
them with biased news and information- yet call themselves secular.

Very interesting post. But, it is a well known fact that even before 20 years, especially
since December 1992, when Babri Masjid demolition took place, this kind of Hindus
(majority) bashing and ideological slant towards Marxism have been going on. The readers
and TV viewers are not fools.

Recently, it has reached a high pitch. Regarding ownership, it could be through an
unpatriotic Indian (group)

Last edited:
Very informative post.

Whatever may be the ownership, usually journalists are instilled with the values of reporting impartially.

Dear Happy Hindu,

I know many people working in "The Hindu" newspaper right from 1982;
Many have since retired or left the group for varying reasons. But after Mr. Ram
has taken over the reins, its "anti-Hindu" posture has become more pronounced.

As far as NDTV, right from the beginning it has been pro-minority (read as anti-Hindus) and pro-communists only. Whenever a group discussion or debate of any
national issue is arranged, the BJP representatives and the neutral and truth-speaking people like Cho S. Ramasamy are not allowed full freedom. Their speech is cut short by the anchors, upon the specific instructions of their bosses. Haven't you noticed as yet? Whereas persons like Lalu Prasad Yadav, Sitaram Yechury, Jayanthi Natarajan and Abhishek Singhvi are given ample time and allowed to interrupt while the persons
of opposite camps are articulating their views. If this is not bias and partiality, then
what else it is?

Folks,

The first posting in this thread is typical in what goes on internet nowadays, you say something ridiculous over and over and may be some gullible people will believe them.

Personally I do not like some publications out of India. And some are controlled by special interests. But that does not mean that I have to subscribe to falsehoods and untruths to achieve my end.

Let Bagya Ji, if he/she can, get proper proof of the assertions made on ownership from the friend who sent the message and post it here. Just throwing out made up owners for the sake of labeling these publications as anti hindu is not correct.

For example, N. Ram, whose first wife is Irish (not swiss as the post suggests), became famous by exposing the Bofors scandal. Kasturi & Sons company still owns the paper (now I saw another posting with a rumor as a fact that the Sultan of Brunei owns 25% of stake in the paper - as allowed by the forfeign investments act - while supposedly an Indian muslim who is a benami on behalf the Sultan owns the rest of 75% ownership!

So, one must decide who this N. Ram is. I agree that I do not agree with a lot of his stances that seem anti hindu, but that does not gives us freedom to tar his private life (he has 2 children) and spread white lies.

CNN is owned by Times Warner (a publically traded company) and Rupert Murdoch is not a fundamental Christian. I can go through every sentence posted about the ownership and refute it.

This is why the cut and paste, without proper verification, which flies by us are dangerous. From the postings of our friends above, I deduce that even the very learned and discriminating amongst us fall for such postings.

Credibility for a community comes from seeing what is the truth and what is not. It does not come from the 'say anything, post anything ane believe in anything' mentality of some amongst us who are unleashing a war against 'Secularism' with whatever means possible. This is particularly and deliberately designed, in my opinion to arouse passions and create chaos.

Regards,
KRS

Dear KRS,

I agree with you that many reports based on just hearsay and rumours are afloat. But, across the board, the major players in the media are, in the name of secularism, anti-Hindus, in all issues of national importance. I shall explain further.

1. Even today, the Babri Masjid demolition anniversary (!) is observed as a day of
mourning and everyone including the intelligence agencies, security forces (Police/
Para-military/Army) and the State and Central governments have to be extremely
vigilant and are on tenterhooks, on 4th to 6th of December, each year.

2. In spite of being minority, Muslims could cause and continue to cause more
damage to the lives and properties of Hindus. If you evaluate properly the losses
suffered by the majority will be substantially higher, as compared to the
minorities. By saying this, I don't support violence of any kind, by anyone. But,
why all these media should highlight only the losses and sufferings of minorities
alone? (When I was in Solapur in 2002, I have seen the worst kind of communal
riots, in which the Hindus suffered the most. The provocation was some
irresponsible Christian leader in USA spoke something blasphemous about Islam and
Prophet Mohammad. It made the Muslims here attack Hindus, indulge in rioting
and arson. There was continuous curfew for over 15 days).

3. I don't take all the stuff posted by 'Bagya' at face value. Especially the one
regarding ownership of media houses.

4. Times of India in collaboration with Warner Bros Inc. own CNN-IBN. Times of India
is owned by Bennet & Coleman, a business entity owned by the legal heirs of
(late) Ashok Jain. Usually, the Jains do not attack Hindus, whom they consider as
their own kith and kin. In fact, starting from Venkateswara temple, Tirumala,
to so many big Hindu temples in India and abroad, receive large donations from the
Jain community. Still, Times of India as a newspaper do not support Hindus alone
and sometimes go the whole hog in supporting victims from the minority community
only. Why this partiality? Whenever any violence erupts, usually the victims are
from both sides.

5. As for NDTV, their pronounced bias and prejudice is for the whole world to see.

6. I too read somewhere that N. Ram's wife was an Irish and as I was not very sure,
I did not refute the statement that she was a Swiss national. Yet, everyone like
me who constitute the loyal readership of 'The Hindu' for over 3 decades, will have
certainly noticed the transformation of the newspaper - from the time when it was
managed by Seshadri and now (when N. Ram is calling the shots).

7. There is no such thing as 'Foreigners Investments Act'. It is actually Foreign Direct
Investment (FDI) permitted by Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, either as a
general policy measure or on a case to case basis. Even today, the Indian media
and Legal firms vehemently oppose FDI in their segments, whereas they fully
support economic liberalisation and globalisation in all other fields. (They are non-
committal about FDI in Defence and Strategic sectors).

8. It is also 100% true, that the voices of sane and responsible Indians are not fully
heard in the powerful media, if the persons concerned happen to be Hindus. Why
this discrimination and censoring or even muzzling?

9. Finally, there is virtually no control over foreign inward remittances and no one can
be sure about their end-use or their final destination. Similarly, investments -
short-term and long-term - originating from 'Banana Republics' or made through
organisations unknown to the external world, operating from foreign soil, whose
identity need not be disclosed, say for instance in the case of 'Participatory Notes'
(PN), there is absolutely no control at all. This happens with the knowledge and
blessings of the Union Government. Who gets what and how much, through these
shady transactions?

10. Don't be startled or shocked, if someday, it comes to light that many terrorist
networks have invested heavily in our stock market, real estate and other
strategic sectors. By doing this, they can easily manipulate the market
movements to their benefit and to the detriment of our national interests.

All these cause great concern to people like me.

Last edited:
Sri Panvalan...

It happened already, Security chief - Mr. Narayanan spoke in Maldives conference, money through bombay and chennai exchanges are sent to clandestine companies through PN long before. SEBI cheif denies that ..... so it will never come to light ofcourse....

Regards

10. Don't be startled or shocked, if someday, it comes to light that many terrorist
networks have invested heavily in our stock market, real estate and other
strategic sectors. By doing this, they can easily manipulate the market
movements to their benefit and to the detriment of our national interests.

Dear Sri KRS Sir,

As the issues concerning religiosity gets more and more complex and views are getting more ossified to the 'extreme left' or the 'extreme right' the space for middle ground is narrowing;

And increasingly i feel my own views are becoming more and more 'narasimha raoed'. Just as Akbar founded 'Deen Elahi' i think the 'middle-grounders' have to soon form a PVN Club.

That flippant beginning aside, i guess sir, the views can be summarized as under :

a) You are against paranoia ; paranoia about Hinduism going down the drain or Hindus marginalized or Hindus becoming minority.

b) You are of the view that Hinduism has weathered the storm for over 4000 years and it will weather the ensuing storms as well.

c) You also are quite categorical that the way Hindus will preserve Hinduism is by being true to it's tenets which are built upon tolerance. 'Dig Deep' seems to be your mantra.

I think what you are saying makes lot of sense. However sir, the problem is that this seems to me, pardon me for saying so, a slightly "westernised view".

What I mean by "westernised view", is a view which has been developed on the basis of being a part of a "truly liberal society" and a society where "fairness is the norm" and not an exception.

Unfortunately sir, for us who live in the "veritable melting pot of chaos" that is India, the view is a bit over-simplistic.

I agree the problems of 'Cut and paste' posts which sometimes over-dramatize real and imaginary problems but let me assure you sir that today Hinduism is the only religion which is facing attack on all sides - Social, Political, Economical et all.

Socially, Hinduism is seen as the religion which is seen to be the 'sponsor' of evil casteism so supporting Hinduism can easily pass of as supporting casteism.

Politically, BJP is the party which every one who claims to be a "liberal or an intellectual" loves to hate. Hating BJP has almost become the equivalent of a 'Biryani Qualification' (If you are a true Muslim, you have to love Mutton Biriyani !). So if you want to be known as an intellectual you have to hate the BJP !

If BJP is stifled the Hindu voice is stifled. And Congress is 'eternal fence-sitter' or at best a hen-pecked husband unable to choose between his wife and mother !

Economically, Hindus are being encouraged to find new divisions within themselves thanks to Dravida parties and some over-zealous OBCs wanting to enjoy a free lunch. We started with BC and now we have OBC, MBC and the next could be SBC - Significantly Backward Community et all possibly leading to UBC - ஒங்கொப்புரானே பேக்வேர்ட் கம்யூனிட்டி [Ungoppuraane Backward Community - I swear i am backward]

I dont know how we should stand up to a systematic attack on Hinduism ; Violence is to be abhorred so no second thoughts on that.

But should we take a 'BPV' route is something i am unable to reconcile to !

BPV - பஹவான் பார்த்துப்பார் வ்யூ (Bahavaan paarthuppar view or God will manage)

I am more than just worried that if we don't react today, what is the legacy that we will leave behind ?

You seem to say and quite rightly dont fear the rope mistaking it for a snake but i only wish to say that the difficulty that is staring at our faces is

பாம்பென்று மிதிப்பதா கயிரென்று ஒதுக்குவதா

In deciding which is a snake to be worried about and ignoring the ropes, is perhaps the crucial aspect for the survival of Hinduism !

Amen !

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Tolerance beyond a limit is nothing but incapability and acquiescence.
2. When the tiger just stands before you with its jaws wide open, we cannot simply roll
the 'japamala' and pray.
3. One should not forget the fact the India is the most affected country today, by
terrorism and proxy war.
4. If Hinduism stands for passivity, in the name of optimism and forbearance, it may
soon see its downfall - albeit it may not die and survive.
5. My straight question is:

Should we confront the dangers lurking before us bravely or hide ourselves
somewhere and peep slowly, watching what happens in the open ground?

6. Let us not bury our head in sand like ostrich and say everything is fine and wonderful
or will become alright soon.

7. We may not be there tomorrow to watch what happens next. ("In the long run, we are
all dead"
- said Mr. J. M. Keynes, albeit in a different context)

Last edited:
Dear pannvalan ji,

my response is in 'blue' below. Thank you for engaging in the conversation with a civil tone.

Dear KRS,
1. Even today, the Babri Masjid demolition anniversary (!) is observed as a day of mourning and everyone including the intelligence agencies, security forces (Police/Para-military/Army) and the State and Central governments have to be extremelyvigilant and are on tenterhooks, on 4th to 6th of December, each year.
Yes, there is a definite slant towards the minority interest for vote banks by the UPA. The sure way to stop this is to send a strong message through the polls.

2. In spite of being minority, Muslims could cause and continue to cause more damage to the lives and properties of Hindus. If you evaluate properly the lossessuffered by the majority will be substantially higher, as compared to the minorities. By saying this, I don't support violence of any kind, by anyone. But, why all these media should highlight only the losses and sufferings of minorities alone? (When I was in Solapur in 2002, I have seen the worst kind of communal riots, in which the Hindus suffered the most. The provocation was some irresponsible Christian leader in USA spoke something blasphemous about Islam and
Prophet Mohammad. It made the Muslims here attack Hindus, indulge in rioting and arson. There was continuous curfew for over 15 days).
I would submit that in India, any reason is used to settle old scores, establish supremacy over the other, whether it is minority or not. It is all local. Like the gunda raj of either dravidian parties in TN. So, are you saying here that the Hindus as a whole should resort to goondaism?
3. I don't take all the stuff posted by 'Bagya' at face value. Especially the one regarding ownership of media houses.
Good.
4. Times of India in collaboration with Warner Bros Inc. own CNN-IBN. Times of India is owned by Bennet & Coleman, a business entity owned by the legal heirs of (late) Ashok Jain. Usually, the Jains do not attack Hindus, whom they consider as their own kith and kin. In fact, starting from Venkateswara temple, Tirumala, to so many big Hindu temples in India and abroad, receive large donations from the Jain community. Still, Times of India as a newspaper do not support Hindus alone and sometimes go the whole hog in supporting victims from the minority community only. Why this partiality? Whenever any violence erupts, usually the victims are from both sides.
This is a fair question. I have been reading TOI online myself over the past years from the USA. While I do find them some what tilted towards high lighting the minority interests, I would not put them in the same categoey of, for example NDTV. I suspect a whole lot of editors in these news papers are trained in leftist leaning colleges in India, like JNU or abroad in such liberal institutions. The only way to deal with that is to form a group which would constantly be vigilant and take whatever legal action if necessary to highlight any wanton mis representations. Failing that ask start a journal which advocates fairness of reporting in the media (like Thuglak used to be). Pen has to be met with a just pen.

5. As for NDTV, their pronounced bias and prejudice is for the whole world to see.
I totally agree in this case. But the beauty of the system is, in a democratic country where press freedom is guarateed, these purveyors of news should be very careful to be fair. If they are not, the public will eventually switch off. NDTV, I assume has barely a million viewere, I would assume and they run the risk of a whole different TV competitors stealing their viewership eventually.

6. I too read somewhere that N. Ram's wife was an Irish and as I was not very sure, I did not refute the statement that she was a Swiss national. Yet, everyone like me who constitute the loyal readership of 'The Hindu' for over 3 decades, will have certainly noticed the transformation of the newspaper - from the time when it was managed by Seshadri and now (when N. Ram is calling the shots).
I was reading The Hindu ever since I was 8 years old in India till I left when I was 23. When I went back 10 years ago, I subscribed to it. I found it not very good. Since then, reading it online also tells me that the quality of reporting has substantially gone down. I did not appreciate their reporting of Kanchi issue with half truths and innuendos. So I have stopped reading them. My point is that make a judgement on the merits not confuse it with all sorts of false ownership data. These unsubstantiated reports only confuse the issue and give ammunition to the detractors to shoot down the whole thesis of them being biased.

7. There is no such thing as 'Foreigners Investments Act'. It is actually Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) permitted by Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, either as a general policy measure or on a case to case basis. Even today, the Indian media and Legal firms vehemently oppose FDI in their segments, whereas they fully support economic liberalisation and globalisation in all other fields. (They are non-committal about FDI in Defence and Strategic sectors).
I did not know the specific law's name that allowed for investments by foreign bodies in the media business in India - hence my own terminology with quotes around. So, it seems to me that a case by case close review will discourage any investment attempts by terrorist bodies and the like.

8. It is also 100% true, that the voices of sane and responsible Indians are not fully heard in the powerful media, if the persons concerned happen to be Hindus. Whythis discrimination and censoring or even muzzling?
Only a few media outlets seem to do this. I see a lot of other media, either neutral or decidedly pro Hindu (New India Express, Pioneer, Organized are examples). I do not subscribe to the view that all 'mainstream' media are anti Hindu.

9. Finally, there is virtually no control over foreign inward remittances and no one can be sure about their end-use or their final destination. Similarly, investments - short-term and long-term - originating from 'Banana Republics' or made through organisations unknown to the external world, operating from foreign soil, whose identity need not be disclosed, say for instance in the case of 'Participatory Notes' (PN), there is absolutely no control at all. This happens with the knowledge and
blessings of the Union Government. Who gets what and how much, through these shady transactions?
Yes, the parallel black market adds to this. This is purely a policy issue at the Central Govt. level. This needs to be made an election issue.

10. Don't be startled or shocked, if someday, it comes to light that many terrorist networks have invested heavily in our stock market, real estate and other strategic sectors. By doing this, they can easily manipulate the market movements to their benefit and to the detriment of our national interests.All these cause great concern to people like me.
Dalal street has never been transparent and is manipulated even today. Again, this is a clear policy issue.

Dear pannvalan Ji, my import is not that there are no problems in India, based on sectarianism and religion. Far from it. But it seems to me by deliberately exaggerating the facts and bringing down the credibility of 'secularism' by these cut and pastes one does a real disservice to nation building in a country like India. If one sits down and seriously think about all the divisions that exist in India, one would be very scared to tear down the current democratic and the secular syatem that leadrs like Nehru, Patel, Rajaji and others instituted. We need to build the system up, not tear it down. We need to find ways to meet the danger with our brain power, not make it worse by becoming uncivilized to the levels of folks who are attacking us. I believe we can do it. It takes hard work and patience and above all a belief in our culture's lessons and civility.

Regards,
KRS

Dear Sri Hari,
Thank you for your candid post. My response is in 'red'.

Dear Sri KRS Sir,
a) You are against paranoia ; paranoia about Hinduism going down the drain or Hindus marginalized or Hindus becoming minority.
Either of your statement CAN come true. I do not think that it is just a paranoia. I know as you say below that we as Hindus in India are under siege. My only issue is the methods we employ to fight back.
b) You are of the view that Hinduism has weathered the storm for over 4000 years and it will weather the ensuing storms as well.
Yes, this is my hope. But this does not mean that I am preaching inaction. Far from it.
c) You also are quite categorical that the way Hindus will preserve Hinduism is by being true to it's tenets which are built upon tolerance. 'Dig Deep' seems to be your mantra.
Yes, this is true. But 'tolerance' should be a reciprocal deed. I do not subscribe to the theory that we need to tolerate folks who are attacking us. At the same time if we while fighting these elements lose the basic tenets of our grand religion to save it, is it worth saving, then?
I think what you are saying makes lot of sense. However sir, the problem is that this seems to me, pardon me for saying so, a slightly "westernised view".

What I mean by "westernised view", is a view which has been developed on the basis of being a part of a "truly liberal society" and a society where "fairness is the norm" and not an exception.
If you describe me as such to a true 'westerner' he/she would be amused. I have developed my own views over time having lived as a Hindu both in India and abroad. Having seen a 'fair' society (as you put it), I do see a united India, which can be like that.

Unfortunately sir, for us who live in the "veritable melting pot of chaos" that is India, the view is a bit over-simplistic.
May be. If a bomb goes off besides me, my views will also alter (my wife nearly missed one when we were in India not too long ago). This is war, and one should think deeply before reacting. One needs to understand the aims of our enemies and devise proper methods to defeat them. We are in a situation in India, winning the war is not enough (as Bush did in Iraq), but what we do AFTER we win the war is very important. We can win this war, but lose the country. That is what is at stake today. And the methods we employ during this war will more or less determine the welfare of India for years to come.

I agree the problems of 'Cut and paste' posts which sometimes over-dramatize real and imaginary problems but let me assure you sir that today Hinduism is the only religion which is facing attack on all sides - Social, Political, Economical et all.

Socially, Hinduism is seen as the religion which is seen to be the 'sponsor' of evil casteism so supporting Hinduism can easily pass of as supporting casteism.
I agree that Hinduism is under attack. But, we as Hindus I think agree that casteism is an evil in our religion. I do not see anyone defending the caste system anymore. Even those who say that we need to go back to the Varna system, distinguish it from the eveils of casteism. But this is where we need to put our own house in order first.

Politically, BJP is the party which every one who claims to be a "liberal or an intellectual" loves to hate. Hating BJP has almost become the equivalent of a 'Biryani Qualification' (If you are a true Muslim, you have to love Mutton Biriyani !). So if you want to be known as an intellectual you have to hate the BJP !
But the other side of the coin is that an 'intellectual' is not understood or appreciated by the common man. This is why BJP came to power and they unfortunately blew it.

If BJP is stifled the Hindu voice is stifled. And Congress is 'eternal fence-sitter' or at best a hen-pecked husband unable to choose between his wife and mother !
If Hindus are united, Congress will not be in power. The problem seems to me is that an average Hindu is as much frightened of the extremism within our own religion and their methods as they are about the vote bank politics. If BJP or any other party sharpen their message about defeating all these communal forces and goondaism and present a plan to do it, I think they will find a huge mandate. Because most Hindus know their neighbours who are Muslims or Christians in India, they do not want extremism from anyone. They want a BJP which is moderate but is not two faced when it comes to projecting the majority interest.

Economically, Hindus are being encouraged to find new divisions within themselves thanks to Dravida parties and some over-zealous OBCs wanting to enjoy a free lunch. We started with BC and now we have OBC, MBC and the next could be SBC - Significantly Backward Community et all possibly leading to UBC - ஒங்கொப்புரானே பேக்வேர்ட் கம்யூனிட்டி [Ungoppuraane Backward Community - I swear i am backward]
Again, this is vote bank politics. People need to demand that the government sops to any community should stop. Government should help those who are economically disadvantaged, irrespective of their community. Only constant message on this and building up the 'we are Indians first' feeling this can be accomplished. This cycle has to be broken first. But again, one can not do this by projecting the 'Hindu' interest alone.

I dont know how we should stand up to a systematic attack on Hinduism ; Violence is to be abhorred so no second thoughts on that.

But should we take a 'BPV' route is something i am unable to reconcile to !

BPV - பஹவான் பார்த்துப்பார் வ்யூ (Bahavaan paarthuppar view or God will manage)

I am more than just worried that if we don't react today, what is the legacy that we will leave behind ?
Blind violence against violence is never an answer. I think what will work is a massive Hindu show of non violent anger, like the one that happened in Kashmir not long ago. There are various non violent ways to act and the Hindus instinctively identify with such methods, this could be organized through outfits that have nothing to do with any religion. What has happened in Orissa is a disgrace on the Christiand as well as on us. We should never be party to innocent lives to be lost, ever. If we, the most cultured people can not do it, how can we expect it from other less refined cultures?

You seem to say and quite rightly dont fear the rope mistaking it for a snake but i only wish to say that the difficulty that is staring at our faces is

பாம்பென்று மிதிப்பதா கயிரென்று ஒதுக்குவதா

In deciding which is a snake to be worried about and ignoring the ropes, is perhaps the crucial aspect for the survival of Hinduism !
I do not think that Hinduism is that easily erased. Again, the survival of Hinduism as it is known is tied to strengthening our democracy and the tru secularism, not by dreaming of a Hindu nation. We need to focus attention of strengthening our religion's fringes (because they are the ones who succumb to conversions) to understand our religion. If they are induced, let us put forth inducements of our own. Let us have dialogs with the other side who do not support such activities, either the terrorism or the conversions to stop thiese. Let us do it as Indians together. I believe in the basic truth of my religion. It has served me well over time. And I would never contemplate switching to any other religion. And I am sure there are millions and millions of folks like me who live as Hindus all over India. And these folks never were ableto be converted under the threat of a sword or money before. I do not think that they can be that easily converted today. Just my perhaps a naive view.

Regards,
KRS

Amen !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back