• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Anti-corruption movement

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.R.Ranganathan

Dear All,

Kiran Bedi has initiated a movement against corruption. To voice your
support, please dial 02261550789 from your mobile. Your call will be
disconnected after one ring and your number will be registered.

After a few minutes, you will get a SMS reading -Thanks for registering your support. If you want to volunteer, please log on to www.indiaagainstcorruption.org or send an sms at 09212472681 giving your details.

Your co-operation will be of immense help to fight corruption and help
the movement.

Thank you all,

In India there is Corruption even in Anti Corruption Dept.

Vigilance have caught a victim,in Melur (Madurai District) few months back and it is flashed in all news papers.

Congress and Corruption are Two in One.

As long as Congress is in India,we cannot eliminate Corruption.

Sir,
There is no harm in trying and lending support to the movement.
MKG started freedom movement, JPN cleansing the then Govt. and now Anna
Hazare & kiran Bedi co. against corruption.

TSS, NRR,

The reality is that all political parties, once they taste power, fall victims to corruption.

I think it is much like, ladling honey into pots. Every once in a while, one likes to take a lick or steal a few pots, depending on the opportunity provided.

BJP should be the last party to preach anti corruption, what with our Yeddy in Karnataka. And of the various scams up north, during NDA. I think if they dig deeply, arun shourie may be even dragged in to the 2G scam, after all it was he who formulated the original policy of direct award of contracts without tender.

DMK, AIDMK, it is quite difficult to say who is the big dada of corruption. The congres,, I think, being a truly national party, practises corruption on a national and international scale, bar none.

Jai corruption!

:)

Exactly right. Even Vigilance Department is corrupt, CBI, and all other setups are all corrupt. Because they are all "setups". Where air has not penetrated, there corruption has! A challenge to the Creator!

Better it would be to declare anything civil, civic, decent, legal, constitutional, dhaarmic, etc should be declared corrupt and all the opposites should be declared politically correct.

There appears to be a lot of cynical meanderings about corruption. But no willingness to support a person fighting corruption.

Every body wants to Eliminate Corruption.No body is against Anti-Corruption Movement.

Before Eliminating any evil Things,looking at the Beginning and Origin is essential.

If you happen to see a Snake in your House,what will you do? after striking the Snake...

Definitely you will close the Hole from where the Snake comes.Is it not?

Likewise Congress is the main source of Corruption.So it has to be Eliminated First.

Without Eliminating Congress Corruption can not be Eliminated.

Anna Hazare,Ram Dev or even Kiren Bedi if starts such a movement, Congress will try to Label them as RSS backing People.

Complete elimination of corruption is very difficult. Lack of transparency in Governance is one of the reasons for this malady. People tend to indulge in corrupt activities because of delay in getting things done in Government Offices. It has been found in Bangalore that self assessment of Tax has encouraged honesty among the people. Archaic Laws generate black money and corruption. This should be reviewed periodically. First the word Corruption should have a legal definition in the Statute and any one indulging in the corrupt activity should be punished fast. Fear of law should be instilled in the minds of corrupt people by enhanced severe punishment including confiscation of wealth amassed by them.
The appointment of Lokayukta or Lokpal will not end Corruption, unless our legal system is improved.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

God has been kind enough to make me non-corrupt. Is it not a testimony against corruption. If every body becomes non-corrupt it becomes a successful campaign.ஏடுமற்றவர் வாய்ச்சொல் அருள்வீர். Many a decibel will blast the wrong-doers.

Dear sri Brahmanyam sir,

Even bringing strict laws and toning up the judiciary, things wont improve
because a few lakhs of legal suits are pending before the various courts.

A mass people's movement is the only answer.

hi
sometimes tunisia/egypt like revolutions will change the destiny.....laws/ rules/bills cannot change.....all goes to court...it takes many

years/decades to solve the problem.......only ppl revolution will change the direction of corruption....

regards
tbs

tunisia/egypt,

sadly now moving towards reactionary islam for all solutions to their poverty. dump one set of goons, and get another.

sad for the people of these countries. i find there is no hope possible for most of the countries of the world.

good governance is a gift, and that appears to be as rare as the red diamond!!

I am not very cofident that the anti- corruption movement will achieve its objective.If all people are basically sincere and honest,it may be possible.Unfortunately all are not honest.
There was allegation against Dr.Kiran Bedi when she was in Service.She managed a posting in one of the North Eastern States when her daughter was in plus two just to get her admitted in medical course in AIIMS,New Delhi against the quota allotted to that State.There was agitation from local candidates that the quota reserved for them are misused by influential people working in Government.This shows the intrinsic character of that person.With such people leading anti-corruption movement,I am not hopeful.

Dear All,

Kiran Bedi has initiated a movement against corruption. To voice your
support, please dial 02261550789 from your mobile. Your call will be
disconnected after one ring and your number will be registered.

After a few minutes, you will get a SMS reading -Thanks for registering your support. If you want to volunteer, please log on to www.indiaagainstcorruption.org or send an sms at 09212472681 giving your details.

Your co-operation will be of immense help to fight corruption and help
the movement.

Thank you all,

Dear NRR,

I dont know how much this will help but I did call this no a week back and register.

Cheers
Karthik

I am not very cofident that the anti- corruption movement will achieve its objective.If all people are basically sincere and honest,it may be possible.Unfortunately all are not honest.
There was allegation against Dr.Kiran Bedi when she was in Service.She managed a posting in one of the North Eastern States when her daughter was in plus two just to get her admitted in medical course in AIIMS,New Delhi against the quota allotted to that State.There was agitation from local candidates that the quota reserved for them are misused by influential people working in Government.This shows the intrinsic character of that person.With such people leading anti-corruption movement,I am not hopeful.

Krishnamurthy sir,

Taking advatage of one's position and corruption is two different topics. I agree with what you are saying, however in the current scenario we have to choose the less corrupt people or the people who are atleast trying to decrease corruption. This article in the newpaper today was a revelation.

I know this is totally seperate discussion however this is a change.

Delhi Police downsizing, say only the lean can be mean - Hindustan Times

Fat cop, bad cop - Hindustan Times

Let us do something constructive, even though the result is not in our hands.
Little drops make an ocean. We are also discussing many other things. We
will make one telephone call. We dont lose anything.

Dear sri Brahmanyam sir,

Even bringing strict laws and toning up the judiciary, things wont improve
because a few lakhs of legal suits are pending before the various courts.

A mass people's movement is the only answer.

Dear Sri Ranganathan,

I agree with you, what we need is a mass movement against Corruption under a popular leader of impeccable character, like Gandhiji, Vinobha Bhave and J.P.Narayan. Unfortunately I could not find one now.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

God has been kind enough to make me non-corrupt. Is it not a testimony against corruption. If every body becomes non-corrupt it becomes a successful campaign.ஏடுமற்றவர் வாய்ச்சொல் அருள்வீர். Many a decibel will blast the wrong-doers.

Dear Sri "Iyyarooran",

I am a believer in right living on personal honesty. I have tried to be non-corrupt and honest in my dealings with others including Government bodies like RTO, Sales Tax, Corporation departments and succeeded mostly in getting things done without transfer of favours. This may be partly due to the "Power of Press", the industry in which I was employed. How ever, I found it could not be done in all cases due to delay in achieving the results. You are forced to part with some money as "mamool" at the lower rungs of the official hierarchy. However each individual should take up the issue seriously and should not shy away from fighting in high decibel, at least.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

srini,

i have a cousin who went to a government office in bangalore, and when asked for a bribe refused to pay it. then loudly demanded the service.

the guys buckled up and gave her what she wanted. but then, she is not only a pretty lady, but also has stature and carries herself well. maybe was lucky to get away with it once. she put this on facebook, and sure enough everyone chimed in and congratulated her.would not be surprised if there is a fb group of like minded people.

for the common man, desperate to get a permit or passport, denying the bribe, is ok, as long as he is willing to put up with the inconvenience and possible having to go without the permit or travel abroad. you see, the victim has no leverage. these are very difficult to prove, and it is entrenched.

the only way to get out of this vicious cycle, is to depersonalize the government functions - ie make it online, and remove the human interface. a passport application, must be validated online, and the document will be in mail 10 business days. it is possible. many countries do it. but the problem is that the government is a job producer and what would happen to all the people depend on the bribes, and the trickle effect these guys have on the economy.

something to consider. bribes are the grease that keep the indian bureaucracy rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back