• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Another Anti-Hindu movie in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Members,

I have just read an article that gives a brief of a new movie by Maniratnam (under production). The movie is a copy of our great epic Ramayanam. It is said that the movie is about the key characters in Ramayana, Rama, Sita, Ravana. The greatest insult is that the movie is said to end in a way that the heroine tagged as "Modern Sita" decides to dump Rama and goes with Ravana. This is from Maniratnam who propogates himself to be an intellectual. This is outrageous. This shows how every one is taking advantage of the current state of Hindus in India by doing things to disrepute our great religion by every possible way! Shame on you Mani Ratnam. Please boycott this movie and stage a protest as soon as possible.

- "Engin(iy)er VK

Dear Enginiyer Ji,

Can you post where you got this info about this movie. What all I have read about is that it follows the story of Ramayana, with an emphasis on the love between Rama and Sita.

Unless we have trustworthy information that the movie is like what you say, or unless we see the movie to ascertain the facts, it is not correct to get all riled up and protest against an individual.

I am saying this, because I remember a person filing a law suit against Kamal before Dasavaratham came out, accusing him of trashing Gita. Of course, he has not seen the movie and filed the law suit on hearsay only! The court dismissed his plea immediately. And of course, there were no such Gita bashing scenes in the movie!

If Mani Ratnam is making a movie like you describe, I bet he will not associate it with Ramayana. With this epic ingrained in all of us who are Hindus, he would definitely run the risk of a huge section of us boycotting the movie on our own sense of good taste. All this protesting will only increase people's curiosity and he will then have a hit on his hands, which we do not want in the first place.

Regards,
KRS

Dear Members,

I have just read an article that gives a brief of a new movie by Maniratnam (under production). The movie is a copy of our great epic Ramayanam. It is said that the movie is about the key characters in Ramayana, Rama, Sita, Ravana. The greatest insult is that the movie is said to end in a way that the heroine tagged as "Modern Sita" decides to dump Rama and goes with Ravana. This is from Maniratnam who propogates himself to be an intellectual. This is outrageous. This shows how every one is taking advantage of the current state of Hindus in India by doing things to disrepute our great religion by every possible way! Shame on you Mani Ratnam. Please boycott this movie and stage a protest as soon as possible.

- "Engin(iy)er VK

Last edited:
Dear Sri.KRS,

I read this in the latest Junior Vikatan issue dt October 15th. The weblink is http://www.vikatan.com/jv/2008/oct/15102008/jv0701.asp. Obviously this opens only if you have subscribed else you can check this out in the print version.

It is said that the movie was initially named "Ravanan" and later changed to "Asokavanam" fearing protests from Hindus. Cheap commercial tact!. May be Mani might go to the extent of naming it "Achokar Kaadu" (to get tax rebate from TN govt, huh!).

KRS sir, I agree it is too early to "file a case" and I did not suggest so (please read through my earlier post). What I requested is to stage a protest, which may prevent the director from causing severe damage to Hindu beliefs. If we let things happen and start raising voice after movie is released there in no use. Then it is just a question of post-mortem. That is my humble opinion.

Regards,
Engin(iy)er VK

Dear Mr Engine(iy)er,

I am happy that you have assumed a name true to what you want to perform. You have given the clarion call to engineer a protest against hindu-bashing - which kind of protest has so far not been done at all in any place in India, particularly in Tamilnadu and more particularly in Chennai.

Kindly let us know the time, date and venue where you have organised this protest, so that we can come and join you. You may also give your identity to us ahead of time so that we can identify you at the venue and protest under your able leadership. Perhaps if you let us know your name we can even print posters that the protest is organised and led by you and publish ahead of time so that good crowd can be gathered.

We are eager to know more details.

Precisely for this very reason, I had suggested to the Forumadmin that the forum should have a provision for taking the record of identity of all the posters/ members with their proof of identity and address.

Regards

Dear Mr. AnjanKumar,

Thank you for your response. I can sense a tone of frustration and sarcasm in your message. Rather than providing your views on the subject you have made a mockery of my post. Is this how you treat a new member of this forum who is truly committed & trying to bring issues and discussing in the forum?.

Regards
Enginiyer VK

engin,

welcome to the forum.

i would like to discuss this and your another postings about hindu holocaust, in another thread.

hope you don't mind me combining both into this one post, as i feel that these are interrelated.

there are folks here who consider KB, maniratnam et al as self hating brahmins. these are the same folks, who subscribe to the lobby of violence and raise what i think are bogeys of holocaust and what not.

everyone is free to believe what he or she wishes. but, i think, at some point, they should self reflect and examine the reality. how different it is from what they have come to belief through one sided propaganda.

it is the sign of a thinking man, which i am sure you are, to question, verify, examine all views and come to a conclusion. further more, you are an engineer - a man rooted in math and science. don't every law or hypothesis has a theory which is supported by proof?

to me your posting re hindu holocaust or maniratnam movie appears more of a reflection of hearsay. both of this may or may not be true. if you wish to get some support here, pray do the needful homework, and present your case in a more acceptable form, which would do proud to the regimen of your intended profession.

i, for one, do not believe in the hindu holocaust. if any such thing had happened, we would have heard about it.

re maniratnam movie, let it stand on its own merits or absence of it. any organized move against the movie, should embellish erudity, sophistication and polish. not just another street crowd emulating a fishmarket. i think, as a community, we are above that.

re your future postings, i hope you did not mind my this note. please treat this as a gentle prod, to a better quality presentation and prep work. after all, we do have a higher expectation from an engineer than from an high school student. would you not agree to that?

yes sir. we would love to hear from you. let those posts be wrapped up in prudence over a shell of an extensive investigation and serious original thought. let them turn minds towards you and not kindle incredulity or indignation as of current.

thank you.

Last edited:
engin,

welcome to the forum.

i would like to discuss this and your another postings about hindu holocaust, in another thread.

hope you don't mind me combining both into this one post, as i feel that these are interrelated.

there are folks here who consider KB, maniratnam et al as self hating brahmins. these are the same folks, who subscribe to the lobby of violence and raise what i think are bogeys of holocaust and what not.

everyone is free to believe what he or she wishes. but, i think, at some point, they should self reflect and examine the reality. how different it is from what they have come to belief through one sided propaganda.

it is the sign of a thinking man, which i am sure you are, to question, verify, examine all views and come to a conclusion. further more, you are an engineer - a man rooted in math and science. don't every law or hypothesis has a theory which is supported by proof?

to me your posting re hindu holocaust or maniratnam movie appears more of a reflection of hearsay. both of this may or may not be true. if you wish to get some support here, pray do the needful homework, and present your case in a more acceptable form, which would do proud to the regimen of your intended profession..

i, for one, do not believe in the hindu holocaust. if any such thing had happened, we would have heard about it.

re maniratnam movie, let it stand on its own merits or absence of it. any organized move against the movie, should embellish erudity, sophistication and polish. not just another street crowd emulating a fishmarket. i think, as a community, we are above that.

re your future postings, i hope you did not mind my this note. please treat this as a gentle prod, to a better quality presentation and prep work. after all, we do have a higher expectation from an engineer than from an high school student. would you not agree to that?

yes sir. we would love to hear from you. let those posts be wrapped up in prudence over a shell of an extensive investigation and serious original thought. let them turn minds towards you and not kindle incredulity or indignation as of current.

thank you.

Dear Mr.Kunjuppu,

Firstly, my respects to you and many thanks for your inputs & advise. I would ike to clarify one misunderstanding here. The posting on "Hindu Holocaust" is NOT mine. I have only commented about this posting in my "introductory" mail and mentioned that it was interesting to read the same. Like you rightly said, it is one's own view to either to buy in to the theory or not. In fact I am not even aware who the originator of that post is. You are right in saying that the news about Maniratnam I shared was based on a report in Vikatan, which is hearsay. I would be the first one to be happy to know this story to be untrue being a Hindu & a brahmin. Moreover, I have nothing for or against Maniratnam and at the same time I feel it is every Indian's & every Hindu's right to express displeasure over anti-Hindu motives from Maniratnam or anyone else, if that is the case. Finally I agree that it is a bit early to discuss this subject before we actually have seen the movie (which was earlier pointed out by Mr. Anjankumar). However, as I said earlier there is no point in speaking about a movie after the damage is done.

Regards
Enginiyer VK

Dear Mr Engine(iy)er

Kindly note that I am as much a junior member as you are, and am no better than you, perhaps I may be a novice compared to you.

You took up two issues in my response: one - frustration two - sarcasm.

Yes, I am frustrated. At what? At the manner in which issues are sought to be raised with only one goal in mind - incite feelings. But without any plan or program or any details. If at least these were, then I would not have been frustrated. So, I am sure my frustration is justified.

Yes. there was a tone of sarcasm. I appreciate the patient tone in your reply. But this sarcasm is related to the above frustration and therefore, justified for that reason. Knowing our numbers, can we protest, what is the program, plan and without any such thing if you say protest, what use. You wrote Shame on you, Maniratnam. Do we know if he reads this forum? If not, what use writing that here? Better write a letter to him directly. That would be worth the trouble at least. Only by sitting in front of the computer and typing something, if we were to protest, then
sarcasm is the least we can expect.

I do not mean to be hurting, but decided to tell the truth than to coat the fact with sugar words.

Regards

Dear Mr Engine(iy)er

Kindly note that I am as much a junior member as you are, and am no better than you, perhaps I may be a novice compared to you.

You took up two issues in my response: one - frustration two - sarcasm.

Yes, I am frustrated. At what? At the manner in which issues are sought to be raised with only one goal in mind - incite feelings. But without any plan or program or any details. If at least these were, then I would not have been frustrated. So, I am sure my frustration is justified.

Yes. there was a tone of sarcasm. I appreciate the patient tone in your reply. But this sarcasm is related to the above frustration and therefore, justified for that reason. Knowing our numbers, can we protest, what is the program, plan and without any such thing if you say protest, what use. You wrote Shame on you, Maniratnam. Do we know if he reads this forum? If not, what use writing that here? Better write a letter to him directly. That would be worth the trouble at least. Only by sitting in front of the computer and typing something, if we were to protest, then
sarcasm is the least we can expect.

I do not mean to be hurting, but decided to tell the truth than to coat the fact with sugar words.

Regards

Dear Mr. Anjan Kumar,

Your self-proclamation of being novice is obvious from your words and would have been evident even if you have not mentioned it. If I have to write a letter direct to Mani Ratnam it is my prerogative and it is strange you choose to dictate me what to do & what not to. The only reason I have raised this issue here is to make people aware of what I have read and not to gather unruly mob and rush down the streets as being perceived by you . Are you suggesting that issues of “common” interest for our religion & community be taken up on “individual” basis?. It is your own assumption that I am here to incite feelings and you are too hasty is your conclusions. Well, about the plan, program etc., that you have asked for, I appreciate your energy but do you want to run before you could stand?. How many real issues have you spearheaded by planning protests whilst you are still reporting the issue?. If your answer is no, then you have no moral ground to ask me this question. If your answer is yes, you must be busy in the streets all time planning protests. My friend, every movement starts from writing and the power of words have proved time and again to be sharper than swords. You may believe that typing by sitting in front of a computer is just a pastime, may be for you not for me.

Hope you understand, I am only defending my point and have no intention to fight over.

Regards
Enginiyer VK

Dear Mr Engineiyer

Thanks for considering me as a friend. If you had not called for a protest openly at the forum (that includes me) then why would I get into issues which you consider as your prerogative? As to whether I made any protest out in the open or propose to do so in future, you have no prerogative to question because I never at the first instance asked you to stage any protest! You came out in the open calling for a protest and therefore a reply came to you. That is all.

As much as you do, I also donot want to fight! I have other pastimes!!!!

Regards

Dear enginiyer ji,

Thank you for your response to my posting. Your response here and your reference to a 'Hindu Holocaust' in your introductory posting (Sri kunjuppu Ji has already addressed it) tells me that you believe that we Hindus are in dire straits. Let me clarify certain things here, if I may. Please feel free to respond if you think that any of my following points do not seem correct (or if you agree with them).

1. Yes, we Hindus are under seige by the actions of a Government which seems to be intent on ruling by division (quotas for OBCs, minority quotasetc.)
2. Holocaust is a very scary word, and this applies to a specific time in History when a majority of people belonging to a particular religion were eradicated by a progrom of systematic genocide by a group of people who viewed them as sub human. I hope when you use this word to portray our community, you understand what you are saying. Because, such words as these should not be used casually. While I think that our community has suffered in the past, just the fact that we are still an overwhelming majority in India should tell us, while the Muslims were brutal, they were not anywhere near genocidal as the Germans. I hope you agree to this.
3. Mani Ratnam is a Hindu. Why would he diminish his religion by making a movie that tarnishes Hinduism? He in all the probability would not. But is it not the real issue that even if he makes a movie that questions Hinduism, that our religion is great enough to withstand it? If we start censoring people before they speak, our religion will look exactly look like a religion that influenced a stupid Indian government to ban 'Satanic Verses'. Even though no one cared to read that book, before it was banned! Is this what you want for our religion?
4. People who in this very Forum talk about being traditionalists and eschew modern life, are LIVING in the modern life and perhaps observe a tiny portion of what the traditional life demands. They define traditional life only in certain spheres that they think they can control (such as a woman working). When it comes to their own traditional prescriptives, they do not follow. They live abroad (a no-no), or they are employed for profit (another no-no for a Brahmin) and lecture aothers about following a traditional life style. I abhor these people, because they can not live properly themselves and they can not remain quiet to let others in their community to adapt to what today's life dishes out. They are fools. I hope you are not one of them.
5. Censorship of any idea by an adult is the ultimate evil. Because it pre supposes that an adult who is exposed to that idea is incapable of making a considered judgement that is based on his/her own good values. Sir, the threat to Hiduism does not come from any contrarian views about our religion, but from those who believe that our grand religion needs to be protected in the fashion of Islam, which by the way is the crudest of all the Abrahamic religions, if I may say so. So, what is next time? Are yo going to protest Sri Justin wearing a t-shirt bearing an image of Lord Ganesha?

Regards,
KRS

Dear Sri KRS,

Man thanks for your response. My reply in black besides yours.

Dear enginiyer ji,

Thank you for your response to my posting. Your response here and your reference to a 'Hindu Holocaust' in your introductory posting (Sri kunjuppu Ji has already addressed it) tells me that you believe that we Hindus are in dire straits. Let me clarify certain things here, if I may. Please feel free to respond if you think that any of my following points do not seem correct (or if you agree with them).

1. Yes, we Hindus are under seige by the actions of a Government which seems to be intent on ruling by division (quotas for OBCs, minority quotasetc.) - I agree. However, I have already clarified in my ealrier reponse to Mr. Kunjuppu that the "Hindu Holocaust" posting is NOT mine and that I have only expressed that it was an interesting read.

2. Holocaust is a very scary word, and this applies to a specific time in History when a majority of people belonging to a particular religion were eradicated by a progrom of systematic genocide by a group of people who viewed them as sub human. I hope when you use this word to portray our community, you understand what you are saying. Because, such words as these should not be used casually. While I think that our community has suffered in the past, just the fact that we are still an overwhelming majority in India should tell us, while the Muslims were brutal, they were not anywhere near genocidal as the Germans. I hope you agree to this.

I believe there has been killings of Hindus by Muslims and destruction of temples (atop which most mosques stand now) and atthe sam time the choice of the word Holocaust is NOT mine and so, I am not responsibe for the useage or intepretation of this word. My humble request is that you must pose this queston, if you have not already, to the owner of the post and not me.

3. Mani Ratnam is a Hindu. Why would he diminish his religion by making a movie that tarnishes Hinduism? He in all the probability would not. But is it not the real issue that even if he makes a movie that questions Hinduism, that our religion is great enough to withstand it? If we start censoring people before they speak, our religion will look exactly look like a religion that influenced a stupid Indian government to ban 'Satanic Verses'. Even though no one cared to read that book, before it was banned! Is this what you want for our religion?. I have partly answered this by pre-empting in my previous answer to Mr. Kunjuppu. Are you suggesting that just because ManiRatnam is a Hindu he would not tarnish the image of his own religion?. This may be possible for a common man, however just like the media, Mr. Mani is also commercially motivated and he is more likely to place his business interest above his belief. Whether or not this "Hindu-bashing" is commercially sellable idea, I do not know and it is Mr.Maniratnam's headache. As you rightly said the probability may be zero but still a possibility exists. Our great religion has survived many centuries and still would for many more centuries to come and that is my conviction.

4. People who in this very Forum talk about being traditionalists and eschew modern life, are LIVING in the modern life and perhaps observe a tiny portion of what the traditional life demands. They define traditional life only in certain spheres that they think they can control (such as a woman working). When it comes to their own traditional prescriptives, they do not follow. They live abroad (a no-no), or they are employed for profit (another no-no for a Brahmin) and lecture aothers about following a traditional life style. I abhor these people, because they can not live properly themselves and they can not remain quiet to let others in their community to adapt to what today's life dishes out. They are fools. I hope you are not one of them. Well this is irrelevant to my post. But for the sake of answering your question, I love living life to its fullest potential with the belief to live & let live, thus demonstrating a perfect fit character adapting to any environment, without bringing harm to others, the philosophy inculcated in to me right from the word go.

5. Censorship of any idea by an adult is the ultimate evil. Because it pre supposes that an adult who is exposed to that idea is incapable of making a considered judgement that is based on his/her own good values. Sir, the threat to Hiduism does not come from any contrarian views about our religion, but from those who believe that our grand religion needs to be protected in the fashion of Islam, which by the way is the crudest of all the Abrahamic religions, if I may say so. So, what is next time? Are yo going to protest Sri Justin wearing a t-shirt bearing an image of Lord Ganesha?. One should be a fool to imagine that Hindusim is at threat because of a film-maker such as ManiRatnam. My point is, if this news turns out to be true, are we going to sit quiet and be a part to fill his pockets like what was done with movies such as Arangetram, Avvai Shanmughi & numerous other Brahmin/Hindu-bashing movies?

By the way, I admire Mani Ranam's movies for its class and like I said before I would be the happiest one to know the news is untrue.

Regards,
Enginiyer VK

Dear Mr Engineiyer

Thanks for considering me as a friend. If you had not called for a protest openly at the forum (that includes me) then why would I get into issues which you consider as your prerogative? As to whether I made any protest out in the open or propose to do so in future, you have no prerogative to question because I never at the first instance asked you to stage any protest! You came out in the open calling for a protest and therefore a reply came to you. That is all.

As much as you do, I also donot want to fight! I have other pastimes!!!!

Regards

Mr. Anjankumar,

Relax !. I reckon, your typing speed is faster than your thinking process. Read carefully before you post a reply. I said "If I have to write a letter direct to Mani Ratnam it is my prerogative and it is strange you choose to dictate me what to do & what not to."

Love all & peace for all. Om Shanthi Om...Be my friend...

My Dear friend Mr Engineiyer

Yes Love all, Peace be to all, Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanti.

Yet your supernatural powers to pass a judgment on everything including the speed of thinking, speed of typing etc of even a person unknown and unseen is just amazing!

Please read the last sentence of your post made at 2.29 am today and then read the last but one sentence of the very same post. You have given a piece of advice to yourselves. Please follow what you preach!

Regards

Only an immature society suffering from juvenile forms of debility in expression combined with severe senility in thinking requires bans, of all things, in movies.

Thanks (for creating the hype) Engine Iyer - ji. Am such a fan of Mani Ratnam, how can i miss watching the movie once it is released..

engin,

thanks very much for your reply.

as you have seen, your mention of hindu holocaust, has brought unanticipated responses. such is the reality, of how our posts can be read in very much unintended ways. it looks like, that others too viewed it, like i did, as an endorsement from you of the subject, and not as an informative ditty.

in future, in order to avoid such errors, it may be advantageous, in the interest of clarity, to give a brief summary not only of a web-link or an idea, but also indicate where you stand on it.

many a time, i had been inclined to post something, to elaborate some idiocy. others have told me, that they do just the opposite. and that too by default, that a recommended postings, means that they support the view in principal.

let us all make a wee bit extra effort to ensure, that our messages are received in the same context with which they are posted. this would improve the overall quality of this forum.

engin, you mentioned something about my 'advice' to you. i strongly believe, that in any e-forum, we are all equals. absolute equals, regardless of our age or position in life.

so, sir, let me be the first to disclaim any responsibility of dishing out advice. please read my notes as observations or suggestions. i am bound to err as much as anyone else. advice is the domain of the wise. i for one, eschew any ownership to wisdom or even its shadow. :)

engin, variety of views is the spice of this forum. we must all encourage the exchange of ideas, and in this process, take care, to nourish the individual with the opposite ideas. opposing ideas are the natural checks and balances against an autocratic usurpation of this forum by any one group. thinking minds should work together to avoid such tragedy.

at the same time, let us not fan the flames of hatred or suspicion on other indians. i see, with dismay, many a reference to such instances as hindu holocaust, brahmin bashing and such themes. to me, these smack of paranoia, revisionism, alternate versions of reality, and give ground to fertilize the sense of unease and insecurity of the hindus.

i call these folks as 'nut cases'. facts and views of every sort, arguements and logic, wit and rhetoric, - all of these are symbols of maturity, and never require the mask of namecalling and hysteria whipping ups. my views.

also, it might behoove of us to remember, there is no one single unified hindu agenda. while some folks here would be happy to unleash the dogs of war against non hindu groups, we must remember, that these are the very same folks, who would also rail against reservations and quotas.

someone might remind them the biggest beneficiaries of these quota laws have been hindus, other than brahmins. are we for brahmin unity? or hindu unity? or any unity of convenience to suit a partisan slant for some political outfit?

the point, i wish to make, is that nothing is as simple as it sounds. i am not necessarily taking any position on the agendas, but only indicating to you, that even seemingly like minded agendas do not compliment each other.

hope this explains.

thank you.

Last edited:
Dear Enginiyer Ji,

You seem like an intelligent and reasonable person and so I am encouraged to pursue our conversation further.

We all know that in the past, because of the lack of certain values and culture amongst some people they have done unthinkable acts that we would today only term as genocide and criminal. There were marauders in almost every culture (I suspect including our own), who solely exerted power through force and conquest.

So let me ask you a simple question: American Indians once roamed all over what is now America. The white man came and took over. So, do you think that the current generations of white Americans owe something to the descendents of those American Indians who were vanquished? If the answer is 'yes', what would be the fair settlement?

Do you think on the same token, England owes India something because of their rule once?

Please respond with your own thoughts about this.

Regards,
KRS

dear activists,
i am happy to hear the involvement in protests against the film,, i request all of u to start and express the deep discomfort regarding this to the director or to the concerned crew.

i wish to bring something to the notice of all the people, what happened actually in the dasavatharam,, The people taking such movies are only to create a sensation which could make the movie a hit,, According to the dasavatharam, he had actually had a objectionable scenes which could hurt the sentiments of the particular sect, at the same time sensing the discomfort behind these, he had shooted alternate versions which could make the film uncut.(A friend of mine in the crew told me, at a time when a particular shooting was taken, the cameraman himself gone away in protest of making such shot. It is true, )
Those are very clever beyond our thought, usually they try and take alternate versions or alternate climax to avoid the pressure and damage at the time of release.. This is the natural thing happening in the field..
The protest will invoke the sense of danger at the time of release, they will release or submit the good versions to the authorities, to compromise.
This will end up in a good result as we all waiting for the good cause,,, So nothing wrong in giving a protest call,,,,
Thank u all..

why waste time with movies?

are people willing to deal with corrupt elected officers? has anyone ever exercized the right to information provision? has anyone asked to see how money was spent in local development?

Thanks for the reply happy hindu sir,
there are so many spheres of life,, in which social cause is one, within that corruption, invoking rti, questioning development are some faces, like that u can take giving a protest call against the hurting people is one,,
since we are unable to keep our personal and other fundamental rights in order and always fearing and talking in a indifferent way is not good way of guiding youngsters,, this shows something irr...

Thanks for the reply happy hindu sir,
there are so many spheres of life,, in which social cause is one, within that corruption, invoking rti, questioning development are some faces, like that u can take giving a protest call against the hurting people is one,,
since we are unable to keep our personal and other fundamental rights in order and always fearing and talking in a indifferent way is not good way of guiding youngsters,, this shows something irr...

not sure if fearing and talking indifferently is anything i meant.....on the contrary if one is not afraid, it better to collectively ask for accountability of those that we elect. movies are for entertainment, for relaxation. it is a medium of an artist's expression. Of everything in this world we shd not be wasting time curtailing their expression, esp without seeing it yet.

Do we need to model ourselves after some of those loonies in one state taking the bachchans to task over a language of all things. These politicians have nothing else to do but create divisions like foxes (and we sentimental fools actually fall for it) and then keep us at the level of fighting monkey, while they eat and empty everything.

Only an immature society suffering from juvenile forms of debility in expression combined with severe senility in thinking requires bans, of all things, in movies.

Thanks (for creating the hype) Engine Iyer - ji. Am such a fan of Mani Ratnam, how can i miss watching the movie once it is released..

Dear HappyHindu,

Thanks for commenting on my post. Would you still watch the movie if this accusation turns out to be true? Just curious to know your take on this.

Thanks
Enginiyer

Last edited:
engin,

thanks very much for your reply.

as you have seen, your mention of hindu holocaust, has brought unanticipated responses. such is the reality, of how our posts can be read in very much unintended ways. it looks like, that others too viewed it, like i did, as an endorsement from you of the subject, and not as an informative ditty.

in future, in order to avoid such errors, it may be advantageous, in the interest of clarity, to give a brief summary not only of a web-link or an idea, but also indicate where you stand on it.

many a time, i had been inclined to post something, to elaborate some idiocy. others have told me, that they do just the opposite. and that too by default, that a recommended postings, means that they support the view in principal.

let us all make a wee bit extra effort to ensure, that our messages are received in the same context with which they are posted. this would improve the overall quality of this forum.

engin, you mentioned something about my 'advice' to you. i strongly believe, that in any e-forum, we are all equals. absolute equals, regardless of our age or position in life.

so, sir, let me be the first to disclaim any responsibility of dishing out advice. please read my notes as observations or suggestions. i am bound to err as much as anyone else. advice is the domain of the wise. i for one, eschew any ownership to wisdom or even its shadow. :)

engin, variety of views is the spice of this forum. we must all encourage the exchange of ideas, and in this process, take care, to nourish the individual with the opposite ideas. opposing ideas are the natural checks and balances against an autocratic usurpation of this forum by any one group. thinking minds should work together to avoid such tragedy.

at the same time, let us not fan the flames of hatred or suspicion on other indians. i see, with dismay, many a reference to such instances as hindu holocaust, brahmin bashing and such themes. to me, these smack of paranoia, revisionism, alternate versions of reality, and give ground to fertilize the sense of unease and insecurity of the hindus.

i call these folks as 'nut cases'. facts and views of every sort, arguements and logic, wit and rhetoric, - all of these are symbols of maturity, and never require the mask of namecalling and hysteria whipping ups. my views.

also, it might behoove of us to remember, there is no one single unified hindu agenda. while some folks here would be happy to unleash the dogs of war against non hindu groups, we must remember, that these are the very same folks, who would also rail against reservations and quotas.

someone might remind them the biggest beneficiaries of these quota laws have been hindus, other than brahmins. are we for brahmin unity? or hindu unity? or any unity of convenience to suit a partisan slant for some political outfit?

the point, i wish to make, is that nothing is as simple as it sounds. i am not necessarily taking any position on the agendas, but only indicating to you, that even seemingly like minded agendas do not compliment each other.

hope this explains.

thank you.

Many thanks Mr. Kunjuppu,

I will take extra effort to implement the recommendations you have suggested. I must thank you again for exerting sincere efforts to write on my post once again.

Regards
Enginiyer

Dear HappyHindu,

Thanks for commenting on my post. Would you still watch the movie if this accusation turns out to be true? Just curious to know your take on this.

Thanks
Enginiyer

Dear Enginiyer,

Yes i will watch. Pleasure is temporary. Will forget after abt a week or so. Am not the sort that protests over movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back