• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Android about to get a new Feature that just makes unlocking your Smartphone easy

Status
Not open for further replies.
[h=1]Android is about to get a new Feature that just makes unlocking your Smartphone a lot more convenient[/h] March 22, 2015 Kishore Ganesh Leave a comment Edit

nexus2cee_screenshot_2015-03-20-14-50-03_thumb1.png

Our Smartphones are our portals to the Internet. They help us stay up to date on the latest, and they help us pass the time, communicate, research and more, and that’s why our dependence on Smartphones is increasing. We are unlocking our Smartphones hundreds of times everyday, and for those of us with a password, entering the password again and again becomes an ordeal.

Now Google is apparently looking to solve that with a new Android Feature that can massively improve Unlocking. As some Android Police readers found out, Google has been slowly rolling out an update to Google Play Services that includes this new feature.

nexus2cee_Detection-Prompt_thumb.png

What’s the new feature? Well, once you unlock the phone, Android now knows when the Phone is moving using the Accelerometer in your Smartphone, and till your Smartphone stops moving, it stays unlocked.

Having trouble grasping that?

Well, lets say you are walking down a Street, and have unlocked your Smartphone. Now you won’t have to punch in your password again, at least until you stop.

nexus2cee_Smart-Lock_thumb.png

However, this does mean you leave your device vulnerable, and anyone can simply swipe your Smartphone from you while being in motion, granting them access to all your data.

Thankfully, this feature is optional, and you can disable it if you don’t want it.
What do you think? Is this a step in the right direction?

I got tired of the password. So I stopped using it. I disabled the password feature. So my phone is vulnerable. It is not much different than the solution proposed in this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back