• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

An analysis of sabda and vak - Part 8

a-TB

The honest answer is I don't know. I have no expectations, except the joy of doing it. There is a joy in the search and I am enjoying it. I would simply say 'Easwaro Rakshatu'.

A logical answer could be there are several findings that I think could get triggered if it 'works out'.

1. A design pattern across Universe's evolution. May be. Who knows.? For eg. I talked about vAk, the expression being a design pattern.

2. Some clues to what dark matter is made of..? What is it that interacts with Higgs field but not with any other field..? Who can reside only in Milky ocean or What resides in Milky Ocean and not anywhere else..?

3. Some clues to additional particles/interaction that standard model may need..? 49 maruts in comparison with 48 fermions and 64 maruts in comparison with 61 particles..?

4. What is the nature of four dimensional spacetime, if it is the four-faced Hiranyagarbha, the golden uterus..? The Puranic story of Brahma says, Brahma had five faces and Shiva plucked off the fifth face. Einstein in one of the papers indeed proposed a 'fifth' dimension which is short.

5. If vedas/puranas/upanishads really resemble science, then how did they come about..? did they come from an ancient civilization that lived on earth probably before homosapien race..? Were they alien..?

6. Looking at the knowledge level of people in the last few hundred years, it appears the ancients had much more wisdom. How did that entropy or information content or knowledge level go down, given the fact by law it has to increase..? Why did it decrease..? What was the event that caused the collapse of the knowledge levels..?

7. It also appears that the ancient civilizations have a lot in common. How did that come about, given that even a thousand years back, they were actually not well connected..? Is it coincidental..?

8. If we go through our scriptures, lot of strange 'coincidences' exist. Why is Mars called Angaraka, the burnt-up or scorched one..? How did anyone knew Mars is really a scorched planet..? Is it coincidental..? Why is it called Bhauma, the son of bhumi, the planet earth..? It's true that Mars resembles planet earth in most ways, but is bigger.

Simply put, there is a lot that could get triggered, in terms of understanding ourselves and our past (which definitely helps in plotting our future).

But I am not into all these speculations at this point of time.
-TBT
Dear Mr TBT:

Thank you for sharing your ideas in detail.

I am sure ancient scientists of Indian subcontinent knew a lot and much may have been lost over time.

So far no one here have given concrete feedback and comments along the lines of your thinking. That is because many may be unfamiliar with both topics where you see parallels. Or someone seriously into both Physics and puranas may not want to engage in such things since comparison of this kind has no basis.

Like all superstitions, I have this to say to this effort also. Something may appear to be connected in a limited set and to use your words one may see a pattern. But the rules you have may be violated many fold but you may not be looking for those.

In my middle school days one friend used to predict nature of work by the shape of the ears. He told me that I will be a teacher based on how my ears looked. In his sample he was convinced of his mapping. As adults we do this all the time only remembering when something works like we think they should.

Since you are very open and mature as to how you debate here, can I share a minor issue I see.

One is real serious work of uncovering wisdom in ancient science in India will be undermined but then you are not going beyond this forum and your blog. Perhaps it is not a big issue. I have seen a whatsapp posting of serious work on design for stable flights (tested in some labs) from ancient documents. People did very complex reconstructive surgeries in India (I heard one kind of punishment used to be cut off the nose, later the person may want to restore it!)

There are people who just believe our scriptures have lot of wisdom without themselves getting involved in anything serious. So such support will minimize serious work of any kind anywhere.

I know you are committed to your efforts.

With that said enjoy your journey - It was fun engaging with you

thebigthinkg

Dear Mr TBT:

Thank you for sharing your ideas in detail.

I am sure ancient scientists of Indian subcontinent knew a lot and much may have been lost over time.

So far no one here have given concrete feedback and comments along the lines of your thinking. That is because many may be unfamiliar with both topics where you see parallels. Or someone seriously into both Physics and puranas may not want to engage in such things since comparison of this kind has no basis.

Like all superstitions, I have this to say to this effort also. Something may appear to be connected in a limited set and to use your words one may see a pattern. But the rules you have may be violated many fold but you may not be looking for those.

In my middle school days one friend used to predict nature of work by the shape of the ears. He told me that I will be a teacher based on how my ears looked. In his sample he was convinced of his mapping. As adults we do this all the time only remembering when something works like we think they should.

Since you are very open and mature as to how you debate here, can I share a minor issue I see.

One is real serious work of uncovering wisdom in ancient science in India will be undermined but then you are not going beyond this forum and your blog. Perhaps it is not a big issue. I have seen a whatsapp posting of serious work on design for stable flights (tested in some labs) from ancient documents. People did very complex reconstructive surgeries in India (I heard one kind of punishment used to be cut off the nose, later the person may want to restore it!)

There are people who just believe our scriptures have lot of wisdom without themselves getting involved in anything serious. So such support will minimize serious work of any kind anywhere.

I know you are committed to your efforts.

With that said enjoy your journey - It was fun engaging with you
You are right.

We all see patterns in every day life and try to assume things. Whether the work I do will end up as assumption, I don't know. My aim is to really translate/understand the scriptures. That's all.

I put my work as 'blog' for the 'user testing' opportunities it creates. At some point I hope to lift it to some kind of peer reviews and also engage more with scientific community. It's tough, but is not impossible, given my academic-industrial background.

-TBT

Last edited: