• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ammavsai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Sir

I want to know when to start first tharpanam. My father passed away in March now we are doing monthly rituals. When should we start our first tharpanam for amavasai.

Also I want to know, due to work contingencies we could not do sodhakumbam every month but we are doing masigam propoerly. Is it possible to do it during aapdhigam.

I appreciate your suggestions

On 10-12-2011 lunar eclipse is there from 6-13 p m to 9-47 pm. You may start doing grahana tharpanam at 9-15 pm. From 24-12-2011 you may do amavasya tharpanam regularly monthly once. Amavasya tharpanam should be done before 12 noon. Only grahana tharpanam must be done during grahanam period. For solar eclipse you can do tharpanam at the brgining of surya grahanam. For chandra grahanam at the end of grahanam tharpanam must be done.

you may do during abdeekam the sodakumbam.

Vanakkam

I am living in Oman, one of the Gulf countries. As Ammavasai falls on Deppavali day 26th October 2011, when we should perform Tharpanam on that day? Also when we can take Ganga Snanam on that day? Can any body help me and many like me in this regard.

Nandri
Anbudan
L.Vaithiyanathan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back