• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

America, India & Pakistan: Changing Winds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello ALL:

I don't know whether you all can get a feeling of the changing winds. US will leave Iraq by the end of this year, and Afghanistan by 2014.

Secretary Clinton is telling Islamabad to kill all the "snakes in their backyard". When the US leaves Kabul Kaja alone, what's going to happen in that part of the world..?

Whether India will be the Policeman of the Region? Whether Pakistan will dance with the Red Chinese to dominate there or what?

Granted America's Foreign Policy has been changing and shifting... many of you ask why there is no consistency?

Well, that's the nature of the beast... When NATO can bomb Libiya, why not Bahrain and Saudi Arabia?

I agree Bahrain must be liberated from the Sunni Rulers since it is a Shia land as Iraq is.

Let's talk about all this consistent inconsistency around the world.

Cheers.

Dear N and Others:

I am responding to your questions in the other Thread..

1. We must help people of Bahrain to get rid of her Sunni Rulers, who have no legitimacy.
2. Saudi Arabians have not started rioting against their Rulers... we have to wait and watch what the citizens want.

You argue that if US/NATO acts in one country then they must act in ALL countries... I argue that US or NATO must act where ever it will bring fruitful Solutions to the Problem.

We CAN choose where we want to act, where we can look the other way because of the conditions on the ground! This may sound hypocritical... but again, I say, that's the Nature of the Beast!!

This is not a Purity Test...Pragmatism is the watch word..

More later...

:)

Last edited:
Pakistan is a miscreant not a country. India should do what is best for India, and keep out of being a policeman. India should protect its people, and improve conditions for its own people.

If Pakistan becomes a major problem, now can be punished by India as west or Russia will not back Pakistan.

Dear ALL:

Some of you claim that US entered into Iraq because of OIL...

You know we are leaving Iraq in about two months... I pray tell me how many million barrels of oil US took away from Iraq so far?

Ziltch, Nah, Natta, Nothing...

Instead, Iraqi Shia are ruling their country, not a Sunni dictator like Saddam!

Although I supported the War to get rid of WMD, later I regretted for supporting the War because there was no WMD.

That's was a War manufactured by Dick Cheney and other Neocons...

Dubya encouraged them, and thus was the Worst President in recent memory!

On Pakistan and India:

Although, we both have the same "culture" of the Indus Valley Civilization, we are torn apart as two distinct countries on the basis of the artificial Religion... we can be brothers.. or a fighting warrior clans...

Probably, a mix of both...

A failing Pak will be a major nuisance to the Security for India... you just can't ignore Pak... they will be a serious Threat to the Peace and Prosperity of India, no matter what.

Sooner or later Kashmiri issue must be solved... BJP will see it to be their Political Asset to keep the Flame Burning for Ever.

India must align MORE with the US to counter the Coalition of Pak with the Red Chinese, who gave them the Essentials of Nuclear Technology (although MAQ Khan had the designs etc.).

Wait & watch.

Last edited:
Like Clinton said US must learn from BRIC countries the foreign policy. Look after your own country, let others worry about their priority. India is playing a sensible game right now.

On Pakistan and India:

India must align MORE with the US to counter the Coalition of Pak with the Red Chinese, who gave them the Essentials of Nuclear Technology (although MAQ Khan had the designs etc.).

Wait & watch.

What exactly are the strengths of China's military capability, other than huge numbers of personnel? From where can one get this info.?

We have known the performance ability of american military or NATO forces through Gulf war, Serbia issue etc. The naval capacity of the Russians is known. Where does the chinese capability stand in terms of their arsenal? We have not seen them in action in a long time.

What exactly are the strengths of China's military capability, other than huge numbers of personnel? From where can one get this info.?

We have known the performance ability of american military or NATO forces through Gulf war, Serbia issue etc. The naval capacity of the Russians is known. Where does the chinese capability stand in terms of their arsenal? We have not seen them in action in a long time.

Good question..

We know that Chinese are modernizing their Military... they have used it against Taiwan successfully!

They may test it against Japan, their Mortal Enemy of History sooner than later... Japan is not economically ready to face the Mighty Chinese! US will, by our Treaty, go to Japan's help, if it is sought....

On the other side, Chinese will dance with the Pak to project its power...both Military and Economic Power...

The question is Will India choose to FACE THEM alone or align with the US?

Wait & watch.

...1. We must help people of Bahrain to get rid of her Sunni Rulers, who have no legitimacy.
Y, you say this, but, left to Obama administration Bahrain butchers would have received $53 Million in arms from the U.S. The congress has temporarily stopped it because of the outrage the pending action generated.

2. Saudi Arabians have not started rioting against their Rulers... we have to wait and watch what the citizens want.
The point is, which you seemingly missed completely, Saudi sent troops into Bahrain to put down the uprising. How come there was not a peep from the freedom loving, liberty worshiping Americans? To fully understand the level of hypocrisy of this action imagine how U.S. would have reacted if Iran sent in its troops to Syria to help Azad?

You argue that if US/NATO acts in one country then they must act in ALL countries... I argue that US or NATO must act where ever it will bring fruitful Solutions to the Problem.
Once again, you have completely misunderstood the point and what you say is your argument proves it. My argument is just the opposite of what you are stating as my argument.

Why must U.S. and NATO act at all? Fruitful solution to whom? Are other countries and alliances allowed to assert the same right?

My argument is U.S. and NATO must stay the hell out of being a world bully. The U.S. has a sordid history of interventions all over the worlds, staging coups, assassinations, bombings, invasions, propping up tyrants, pillaging every corner of earth, and wars, wars, and more wars.

Every generation of U.S. has gone to war at least once. Compared that to the country U.S. projects as the worst threat to world peace today, Iran. How many aggressive wars have they engaged in over a much longer history than the U.S., zero.

The U.S. has no business calling Iran State Sponsor of terrorism. The U.S. sends billions in military aid to Israel which it turns around uses to kill innocent Palestinian women and children, and that is just dandy, but Iran is a terrorist state for doing the same thing but in a scale hundreds of multiples smaller.

Even what you state as your argument is false. I am not saying the same action must be taken in every country. The reality is not U.S. acts in one country and takes no action in another, it is more stark than that, it takes military action against one tyrant and sells arms to another.

We CAN choose where we want to act, where we can look the other way because of the conditions on the ground! This may sound hypocritical... but again, I say, that's the Nature of the Beast!!

This is not a Purity Test...Pragmatism is the watch word..
There is one difference, and that is U.S. says to the rest of the world they are a shining city on a hill. The fact is they have no qualms sending in the military to kill one tyrant and at the very same time offer undying support to even a worse tyrant who will let them build bases.

In summary, let the U.S. be pragmatic, let them be hypocritical, it is their choice, but let them stop telling the world to be more like them, that can only mean the complete annihilation of all of us.

Cheers!

Dear all,
As for as india is concerned, both Pak &Chaina are trouble creatersand will notallow India to progress.See how Chaina is changing its stand.First they assured to support india in gettingpermant seat in securutycouncil.Now they say they will support Pak for the same.No use depending upon America as time and again they play to the tune of Pak.If SAmerican leave Afganistan, Pak will invadewith help of Chaina&control afganistan.It will be difficult for india to functionthere.Taliban will create lot of problems which india cannot contain.It is high time to take on Pak directly even though it will be costly to get rid off terrorism&all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back