• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

AMAVASYA THARPANAM

yathav

my father expired on 20.09.2023. all the rituals upto 13th day are performed. Some of them are telling that I need to start the Amavasya Tharpanam from the next month (i.e from 14.10.2023) and some of them are telling that it should be done only after one year. Can you kindly explain when to start and all the procedures to be followed regarding this.

my father expired on 20.09.2023. all the rituals upto 13th day are performed. Some of them are telling that I need to start the Amavasya Tharpanam from the next month (i.e from 14.10.2023) and some of them are telling that it should be done only after one year. Can you kindly explain when to start and all the procedures to be followed regarding this.
வருஷாப்தீகம் முடியவேண்டும்.

After one year finish you can perform

only after one year

As some rishis have written that amavasai tharpanam must be started immediately after 13th day. some rishis have written that after one year you may start amavasya tharpanam. After sapindeekaranam the dead person is mingled with pithrukkal, vaithinatha deekshadeeyam ahneeka kandam -20 says sapindeekaranath orthvam amaa sankramanaadheeshu puthras thilothakam dhthyaath kshethra pindan thathaa charaeth,

As per these words you may do amavasya tharpanam after 13th day, you should not do any sraththam for one year, this has written. this shows only sratham with homam and bhojanam and pinda pradhanam. here in amavasya tharpanam you are doing only tharpanam by using water and black ellu. so you may do amavasya tharpanam from 13th day onwards.

Latest ads

Back