• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Amavasai Tharpanam & Sraddham

sampar

Dear friends, I have a question related to who should do Amavasai Tharpanam. I lost both of my parents and I am the middle son. Father died a while ago and amma died recently.
Is only the eldest son supposed to do tharpanam or all sons?

Other questions:
Within the first year of parent's death, is it ok to visit temples and attend pooja and homam? Can I be a rithwik in homams?
Is Gaya sraddam only done by eldest son?

each and every son must do amavasai tharpanam after their father"s death. each and every son must do Gaya sradham. each and every son should not go to temple for one year and should not participate as rithwik.

Latest ads

Back