• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

All I wanted to do was to play the game...

All I wanted to do was to play the game..

But...

I looked around me that day evening and there was a bunch of guys who also wanted to play but were pushed out...

I simply asked out aloud.. "Who wants to play cricket?"

and a few came up.. and I said.. "Lets form our own team.."

And there started the non-cinematic version of the Aamir Khan's cricketing movie - Lagaan. Nope. I knew we were not going to be a top notch team but I decided to try. We ended up singing hit songs from the Lagaan movie as we progressed thru the tournament. We did win a few and loose a few.. but I did not quite come upon the chennai-28 movie moment of.. "Epdi potaalum adikraanda!!" Nope. We did not win the cup. But we were all grinning from ear to ear at the end of it and people who won the cup could not do the same.

I think somewhere in the middle of a song (I fail to remember the starting lines) .. the line comes..

Pancho mili tho.. (when the five come together)
ungili mutti.. (finger becomes fist)

Someone in my team actually sang this lagaan song as we went into one of our games. I guess we all knew the state of affairs but we just made a point there.

Vande Mataram -- > This simply means "I salute my motherland". So I believe it can be used by any national.. this was used to vocalize our opposition to our oppressors.

Latest ads

Back